Hide Earned trophies in Guides

Surprisingly or not, at the vast majority of the times, when you are looking at a guide, you don't need assistance regarding trophies you already achieved. Implementing this would be nice since this is the only english website with trophy tracking and guides in the same place.

This would be a great idea but I think it would be too hard to implement. When I am using a guide I open all miscellaneous trophies in seperate tabs and order them by when I think I'll encounter them in the game. Once I have achieved the trophy I close the tab. It is a great way to keep track of everything and I can quickly scan through the tabs to see what I have left to get. This way I don't miss anything that is chapter specific etc.

pretty sure it could be implemented...if the trophies can be shown in green...just make green = hide option for guides...i know it's not as simple as that, just saying it likely is very possible...might be too much work for what it is though...not a bad idea and I think it's been suggested before...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would be a very nice feature, however it certainly would make a lot of problems in cases such as one trophy guide for different trophy stacks. A current problem with trophy guides is the thing with the console or region stacks. Right now it is problematic enough that you can't see what trophies you earned on a game if you don't use exactly the region or console the guide was written for. A real hassle if you want to do a game a second time on a different console or region. And I think as long as that problem isn't solved, if would be more of a dream thinking about blending off earned trophies. Don't even want to imagine what a hassle it would make if you played a game, you already finished and want to do another stack and whoops, all the trophies are hidden.

Really, a great idea but personally, I think it is hard to implement with the way trophy guides currently work with the stacks.

8 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

It would be a very nice feature, however it certainly would make a lot of problems in cases such as one trophy guide for different trophy stacks. A current problem with trophy guides is the thing with the console or region stacks. Right now it is problematic enough that you can't see what trophies you earned on a game if you don't use exactly the region or console the guide was written for. A real hassle if you want to do a game a second time on a different console or region. And I think as long as that problem isn't solved, if would be more of a dream thinking about blending off earned trophies. Don't even want to imagine what a hassle it would make if you played a game, you already finished and want to do another stack and whoops, all the trophies are hidden.

Really, a great idea but personally, I think it is hard to implement with the way trophy guides currently work with the stacks.

I imagine there would be an option to toggle the feature on/off, but yeah for stacks it wouldn't work unless there's an option to choose which trophy stack the guide should track. Though that might take a lot of time and effort to implement.

• 7 months later...

It's basically asking to have the ability to filter out already earned trophies and being able to just see the remaining trophies. For obvious reasons, in the majority of the situations, there will be absolutely no need to read any tips or get any guidance toward trophies you have already earned. Allow users to completely ignore the existence of them by removing them with a click of a button.

Would also be great if it was possible to completely ignore story related/unmissable trophies too. For the same reason as above, there are very few instances where you will actually need assistance with those, a boss fight or a difficulty spike, per example. Allow users to completely ignore those trophies when looking up a guide. Good to avoid spoilers when playing story driven games as well, like Detroit or something.

Old users of the forums, correct me if I'm wrong, but the old tip system allowed you to view multiple tips for multiple trophies from within your own PSN Profile page rather than using the guide page. Would be nice if the guide system could be implemented that way as well, allowing you to see guidance for the trophies you are currently viewing. Also don't show anything for trophies marked as hidden if the user has active filters for those. I do see that this could raise the issue that guides wouldn't be getting as many views as they are actually getting and this could piss off some creators that are looking for fame and glory, but honestly, quality of life improvements over a view count number any day.

If this all was already suggested before, please post a link below and i'll lock this thread and pretend it never happened. I got nothing using my search keywords, but I understand people could give this a different name than I chose.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Old users of the forums, correct me if I'm wrong, but the old tip system allowed you to view multiple tips for multiple trophies from within your own PSN Profile page rather than using the guide page. Would be nice if the guide system could be implemented that way as well, allowing you to see guidance for the trophies you are currently viewing. Also don't show anything for trophies marked as hidden if the user has active filters for those.

Unsure if this is what you mean, but if you click on a trophy on your PSN Profile page, it will only show the information about that specific trophy from the guide instead of the entire guide.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Unsure if this is what you mean, but if you click on a trophy on your PSN Profile page, it will only show the information about that specific trophy from the guide instead of the entire guide.

Yeah, I know that's a thing for single trophies, but opening several tabs is painful to handle, specially if you already have a few there. Would be happier with showing all trophies in one place.

26 minutes ago, dernop said:

I posted a userscript for exactly this not too long ago, it will hide already earned trophies in guides:

That's amazing and literally what I asked for. Just hoping it gets built in the system at some point. Shouldn't be too hard since the code is actually already done now, just copy and paste pretty much. For story related and unmissable shouldn't be too bad to do internally either since that would require to retrieve the tag in the game. Maybe it's also possible to do using the same method, I can't tell.

• Like 1

Yea this is kind of tedious but I have a workaround for it, it works for me. I have a notebook on my desk in which I made a list of trophies and main goals, this is basically my roadmap. And I just open guides for trophies in order to make it easier for me to navigate. Messy but it works fine.

On 26.1.2019 at 3:41 PM, TheYuriG said:

For story related and unmissable shouldn't be too bad to do internally either since that would require to retrieve the tag in the game. Maybe it's also possible to do using the same method, I can't tell.

i quickly tried to add that as a simple proof of concept. it generally works, but it won't remove the entries from the navigation bar on the right, which kinda breaks the scrolling/jump-to a little bit, but if you simply wanna get story and unmissable trophies "out of sight" quickly it should be good enough, i guess ;)
everything beyond that really should be added internally, since PSNP could also save the viewstate as a property and properly fix the navigation and so on:

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Toggle earned and story/unmissable trophies
// @author       dernop
// @match        https://psnprofiles.com/guide/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

$('<a class="button green" href style="margin-left:10px;">Toggle earned</a>')
        .insertAfter('a#addFavourite')
        .click(function() {
        $('div.section-holder:has(img.earned)').toggle();
        $('li.earned').toggle();
        return false;
    });

$('<a class="button green" href style="margin-left:10px;">Toggle story</a>')
        .insertAfter('a#addFavourite')
        .click(function() {
        $('div.section-holder:has(div#tags:has(span.tag:contains(Unmissable),span.tag:contains(Story)))').toggle();
        return false;
    });
})();

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I would like to contribute my userscript to this idea. It's not really hiding, but highlighting earned trophies in the overview. If you earned all trophies in the section, the whole row will be highlighted. Created this for myself, but maybe someone else profits.

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Earned Trophy Highlight in Guides
// @namespace    http://woggly4.local/
// @version      0.1
// @description  Highlights earned trophies in PSNP guides
// @author       woggly4
// @match        https://psnprofiles.com/guide/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

const color = 'rgb(180, 255, 180)';
    const highlight = 'background-color: ' + color + ';';
    const overview = document.getElementById('1-overview');
    if (overview) {
        const trophies = overview.querySelectorAll('a.icon-sprite');
        trophies.forEach(trophy => {
            const trophyLink = trophy.getAttribute('href').substring(1);
            const trophyDetail = document.getElementById(trophyLink);
            const earned = trophyDetail.querySelectorAll('img.trophy')[0].getAttribute('class').indexOf('unearned') === -1;
            if (earned) {
                trophy.setAttribute('style', highlight + ' font-style: italic; font-size: 10pt; text-decoration: line-through;');
                trophy.setAttribute('class', trophy.getAttribute('class') + ' woggly4_earned');
            }
            const overviewRow = trophy.parentElement.parentElement;
            const allTrophiesEarnedInRow = overviewRow.querySelectorAll('a.icon-sprite.woggly4_earned').length === overviewRow.querySelectorAll('a.icon-sprite').length;
            if (allTrophiesEarnedInRow) {
                const overviewTag = overviewRow.previousSibling;
                overviewRow.setAttribute('style', highlight);
                overviewTag.setAttribute('style', highlight);
                overviewTag.childNodes[0].setAttribute('style', 'color: ' + color);
            }
        });
    }

})();

Example:

bildschirmfoto2019-10gik3l.png