How does this game even exist?

Tusked-Lattice

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

they made less then 20 games lol, little big planet and killzone were pretty good. not my favorite games but werent bad.

What are you talking about? Little big planet was made my media molecule and killzone was made by guerrilla games. Supermassive games is the developer the op is talking about.

53 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You do nothing but hate on games on this site. You apparently don't enjoy anything. Also everything this developer has put out has been extremely good besides bravo team it sucked.

Bravo Team was the most generic game I've ever played. So bad. Until Dawn was pretty good in my opinion.

That's actually a good question if you look at the developer's history. Everything Supermassive made before Until Dawn was either a port job, simple DLC, or shovelware. 

Fun Fact: Until Dawn was originally a pretty different game made specifically for the PS Move controller. It was kept quiet for so long after announcement and changed so much that people were reporting that it was cancelled. So I think everyone who knew about the original was surprised by what it turned into. 

I have no idea what kind of funding it got or what the team was like compared to their other projects, but I know that they were given access to the same engine that Killzone used when they switched the development from PS3 to PS4. 

14 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

That's actually a good question if you look at the developer's history. Everything Supermassive made before Until Dawn was either a port job, simple DLC, or shovelware. 

Fun Fact: Until Dawn was originally a pretty different game made specifically for the PS Move controller. It was kept quiet for so long after announcement and changed so much that people were reporting that it was cancelled. So I think everyone who knew about the original was surprised by what it turned into. 

I have no idea what kind of funding it got or what the team was like compared to their other projects, but I know that they were given access to the same engine that Killzone used when they switched the development from PS3 to PS4. 

Actually it's not a good question because he is implying that everything this development team has made besides until dawn sucks. I am not sure what they have made prior to until dawn but I do know everything they have made since they put out until dawn has been really damn good games. With the big exception that is bravo team of course.

They made dlc for LBP and remastered Killzone HD, to be fair they're not an old studio and it's possible they're a smaller team with minimal funding?   Regardless if there's improvement in their games then they deserve credit and good luck to them.  Some said similar things about Deck13, another studio that seems to be steadily improving.  Let's not forget that most studios aren't created by industry vets that have worked on big name franchises, most struggle with few resources and are learning as they go, give them a bit of credit I say.

20 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Actually it's not a good question because he is implying that everything this development team has made besides until dawn sucks. I am not sure what they have made prior to until dawn but I do know everything they have made since they put out until dawn has been really damn good games. With the big exception that is bravo team of course.

You don't know what they made, but you're saying they're wrong?

They aren't wrong, everything Supermassive made before Until Dawn was either DLC for other team's, port jobs for other team's games, or shovelware. Their history as a developer is pretty poor and everything they've created was a budget title. All of the full games that they've made before Until Dawn have below average to bad reception. They're asking how a team that made junky stuff like Dr. Who: The Eternity Clock suddenly got a deal to make something as high budget as Until Dawn that same year. Especially considering what Until Dawn was originally meant to be.

Supermassive made a pretty cool game, I'm happy for them, and I hope they keep putting out quality games. I'm just interested to know what kind of team they have in comparison to what they used to be. It's a good question.