Game hardlocked.... Now what?

Fast travled to a place i cant check the name of and now this asshole just stand at the wheel. I cant get the map up i can only pause. 

I tried leaving the animus and rejoining it but the moron still just stands there. Tried rebooting the whole game aswell. 

I think im fucked since there is no way to reset from the pause menu.

Anyone else got this to happen to them? If so how did you fix it. My last back up save was over 200+ collectibles ago, so i have no plane on doing it all over again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Fast travled to a place i cant check the name of and now this asshole just stand at the wheel. I cant get the map up i can only pause. 

I tried leaving the animus and rejoining it but the moron still just stands there. Tried rebooting the whole game aswell. 

I think im fucked since there is no way to reset from the pause menu.

Anyone else got this to happen to them? If so how did you fix it. My last back up save was over 200+ collectibles ago, so i have no plane on doing it all over again.

I just started the game myself today. Is it your character standing at the wheel?

30 minutes ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

I just started the game myself today. Is it your character standing at the wheel?

Yep just standing there. I cant shoot or anything except pause the game. I can leave animus and log back on but my char still only stands at the wheel.

Think my only hope is to drift to where i might get a fast travel to another place.

This game is such a buggy mess. Im so pissed right not. Just did every single collectibles and this shit happens.

Managed to drift into a boat and start a fight hoping it would kill me and fix this bug. Turns out im immortal......

Edit: Im forced to use my backup save if i wanna finish this piece of shut fucking game. How the fuck can you release something this fucking broken. Hope the devs all get IBS...

Edited by Quink666

I managed to finish what I needed (which are the cheats trophies) via replaying one of the earlier DNA missions(capturing a plantantion or smth) back on my ps3. Still needed to replay the game for 4 legendary ship battles, but at least didn't have to collect everything again.

It's hilarious that they didn't fixed it in the remaster.

49 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yep just standing there. I cant shoot or anything except pause the game. I can leave animus and log back on but my char still only stands at the wheel.

Think my only hope is to drift to where i might get a fast travel to another place.

This game is such a buggy mess. Im so pissed right not. Just did every single collectibles and this shit happens.

Managed to drift into a boat and start a fight hoping it would kill me and fix this bug. Turns out im immortal......

Edit: Im forced to use my backup save if i wanna finish this piece of shut fucking game. How the fuck can you release something this fucking broken. Hope the devs all get IBS...

You could try attacking another ship and getting killed. That might work

3 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I managed to finish what I needed (which are the cheats trophies) via replaying one of the earlier DNA missions(capturing a plantantion or smth) back on my ps3. Still needed to replay the game for 4 legendary ship battles, but at least didn't have to collect everything again.

It's hilarious that they didn't fixed it in the remaster.

Yeah i got the plat on ps3. From what i remember there wasnt a whole lot i saw wrong with it but its been a while. I usually go for collectibles in most game once i unlock the areas that they are in

27 minutes ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

You could try attacking another ship and getting killed. That might work

Yeah i got the plat on ps3. From what i remember there wasnt a whole lot i saw wrong with it but its been a while. I usually go for collectibles in most game once i unlock the areas that they are in

I cant attack but i managed to drift into one and get attacked but im immortal for some reason.

1 minute ago, dadoudelidou said:

Can you keep us posted if it bugs again ? 

I remembered to play it on Xbox 360 a few years ago and everything went smoothly . I'm thinking about buying it at some points in the future for ps4

Ill definitely do that. Hopefully no more game breaking bugs.

For anyone wanting to avoid this bug. From what i found out in other forums with people who has experienced the same bug, it seems like everyone fast traveled immediately after getting the templar armor. So wait a while after getting the armor and walk out of the room you get it in to avoid this bug.

• 7 months later...

I got this bug in my playthrough and have managed to find a solution after a lot of testing, there's a few things you can do depending on the trophies you require but if you require anything in the North Atlantic you will have to completely fix the glitch which isn't simple but is possible.

If you require anything in the other regions then loading a mission in those regions will allow you to work around most if not all of them (though without fast travel).

If you want to fix the bug completely you have two options:

1. Allow your ship to drift in the North Atlantic until a large wave comes, the type that does damage unless you brace. If your ship is angled well then you should be able to brace and after coming out of the brace you should be able to control your ship and use your guns. Just in case try to spam your guns while bracing. I only managed to get this to work once with a wave and another time it randomly allowed me to brace while next to land, though I suspect there was a wave I couldn't see. Once you have control do not pause the game, or enter your ship to change outfits the outfit isn't actually what has caused the glitch, and changing it won't stop it from happening (if you enter the cabin and change outfits when you come back out it will relock) similarly pausing the game locks it again. What you should do is go to the map and fast travel anywhere in River Valley or New York (I went to River Valley can't actually testify for New York). Once there go to point 3.
  2. Allow your ship to drift in the North Atlantic until you hit a fast travel zone and fast travel to River Valley or New York (I went to River Valley can't actually testify for New York). This is the method I ended up using successfully as I relocked the game both times I used the wave method because I didn't think to fast travel immediately (I thought the outfit was the issue). I just left the game idle overnight and when I came back it was on the fast travel options screen.
  3. Once you have managed to make it to either River Valley or New York you are pretty much safe, change out of the templar outfit (unsure if required but just in case) and then make a back up save (again just in case) then fast travel to the HMS Miranda viewpoint. Once you have loaded in the game will play through the cutscene as if you have just unlocked the templar outfit. Congratulations your game is fixed. Just in case take your time before leaving, I personally rode my ship to one of the towns before I did anything.

If you want to prevent the glitch entirely then either leave the outfit for the last thing you do in the game or don't fast travel immediately after grabbing it. From my testing it's more the cutscene that causes the glitch then it is the outfit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stargate1995 said:

Allow your ship to drift in the North Atlantic until you hit a fast travel zone and fast travel to River Valley or New York (I went to River Valley can't actually testify for New York). This is the method I ended up using successfully as I relocked the game both times I used the wave method because I didn't think to fast travel immediately (I thought the outfit was the issue). I just left the game idle overnight and when I came back it was on the fast travel options screen.

I remember drifting for over 2 hours without getting a wave or drifting into a fast travel zone. I ended up just loading my backup save and that set me back about 50% of the game or 10 hours. But i also had the idea that i would try to drift into a fast travel or get killed by enemy ships. But in the end i just drifted and drifted and drifted.

Glad to hear you got it fixed atleast. How long did you have to drift for?

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

I remember drifting for over 2 hours without getting a wave or drifting into a fast travel zone. I ended up just loading my backup save and that set me back about 50% of the game or 10 hours. But i also had the idea that i would try to drift into a fast travel or get killed by enemy ships. But in the end i just drifted and drifted and drifted.

Glad to hear you got it fixed atleast. How long did you have to drift for?

For waves it was roughly 1-2 hours for the successful brace attempts, for the fast travel zone I left it running overnight and came back to it in the morning to find it in the fast travel zone. I hadn't even considered that would be a solution till I saw it and my first thought was that most of the time I had left it drifting would have been wasted by the fast travel interface. You could potentially drift into the legendary ship battles and I would assume controls would work during them but you wold have to drift to all 4 and my assumption is controls will lock when you return to North Atlantic so your much more likely to hit the fast travel zones.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, haudaneben said:

The same happened to me just now, except i'm not in the boat but standing on a pier. I can't believe it, piece of f*cking sh*t game. Is there any solution for me?? Since i can't drift nowhere :((

I had to reload a save that was almost 5ish hours earlier. Tried everything and could not get it to work. Just dont fasttravel after pickups, only way to avoid it iirc.

Edited by Quink666