SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! A Year-Long Backlog Challenge!

47 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

I surpassed my limits already and finished Furi. That's 1 out of 4:D

L0baf17.png

@jem I'd also like to add:         

-Titan Quest                                             Starting Trophies: 16     Trophies Left: 9

-Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition   Starting Trophies: 0       Trophies Left: 27

-Divinity: Original Sin                             Starting Trophies: 0       Trophies Left: 55

They're all in my backlog already, even tho I didn't start two of them up until now. They fit well into my list, seeing that Torment: Tides of Numenera is part of it.

That was quick! Congrats on being the first to SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! You've been updated.

Arcana Heart 3 is killing me. Akane's combo is out of the question right now, so I've spent over an hour so far on Lilica's combo, but to no avail. So far, I've been able to semi-consistently get the first six inputs in (very rarely making it to the seventh input). There are eleven inputs total, so I still have a ways to go. I can get the combo in time, but for now, my strategy has changed. I'll earn a random trophy from a random game, spend an hour practicing Lilica, repeat. We'll see how this works out.

• Like 2

Yesterday I completed the story in Tales of Innocence R. :D I'm not sure how long it took me exactly, since I left the playtime running a lot for the 100h trophy but I'm guessing ~30 hours. Now I'm stuck in that awkward phase after the credits where there's a bunch of stuff left to do but I don't know where to start. Or how much I should get done before I start NG+. Or how much grade I'm even willing to grind.

I think I'll go for the "# of chests opened" trophy since I doubt that one carries over to NG+. Afterwards... idk. I'll see. :hmm:

Also the opening of ToI is awesome.

There doesn't seem to be a video of the opening, oddly enough. o.O But this is the song.

current status:

Tales of Innocence R 23/53

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 3

Well, I got my first slightly difficult trophy today by conquering the Advanced Dungeon in Guided Fate. It took me close to seven hours, but it was worth it. Along the way, I finally cleaned up the holy artifact shop and got the last few weapons I needed for the miscellaneous double skills. With the plat seemingly close to fruition, I may just finish it off. Tomorrow, Valvatorez will meet his doom!

Spoiler

On a side note, I boosted some BattleFantasia yesterday and got the 50 player match wins trophy. It's not nearly as impressive as what's above, but hey, PROGRESS!

• Like 3

So here is my first update. Like @jem, I am not going to try to "do it all in one night", and will focus on games one at a time. While I haven't started Persona 4 Golden, Unravel or Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories, you can take it to the bank that I will start earning trophies in those eventually, but with 12 months of game time, and so many other games I am on to right now(right his moment I am hoarding trophies from Disgaea 5 to get the platinum in that, I found a very good means of getting the hard trophies quickly ;)), rushing would be pointless. After all, the seven games I picked up are going to be tough to complete so better to take it slow. No point surpassing your limits if you end up having a heart attack at the end of it all.

(And yes, I said complete, which means I will earn ALL of the Shantae HGH trophies for the DLC, even if it flippin' kills me. :()

So anyways, I am going to be updating every five days. So here is my first progress report.

First off, I already earned some trophies for Yooka-Laylee, Catlateral Damage and Shantae HGH before August 5, so those will be put in here.

Update 1: August 5-9

Before the event:

32S6f77b2.png Catlateral Damage: 12 trophies

2Sd18df1.png Shantaea HGH: 6 trophies

6Sd503d5.png Yooka-Laylee: 13 trophies

All of these were earned before the event. Don't be fooled by the Shantae number - only the first trophy was in the story mode, the others were DLC trophies that I earned based on each mode except Pirate Queen's Quest, which I intend to complete last since it is basically a story mode in itself so getting all of the win screens in that will be very difficult.

In the Event:

28Se80a90.png Disgaea 3 AoD: 11 trophies

4S7a2647.png Shantae HGH: 7 trophies

At the day of the event start, I knocked out all of the "easy" trophies on Disgaea 3 AoD. But I did nothing else until today, when I pushed myself to earn some more trophies in another game, so I knocked out the first two story areas of HGH and did the miscellaneous ones for Mermaid Falls, which I succeeded in one try. (Deleted some lines due to story spoilers.)

(I earned two trophies between the 5th and 9th, including my 20th, and was doing Trine 3 for #21, but then the game freaked out and locked out 90 of the trineangles in one level and I had to delete my save which means I have to go play through the entire story and collect everything AGAIN. :| So I am not touching Trine 3 for at least a month, when I am no longer mad at it, and decided to vent my rage on Disgaea 5. I earned 34 trophies in 24 hours thanks to a great guy called Green Z-Saber and his video which he speed-runs 100% trophies on that game and makes it look easy. ^_^)

On 8/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, jem said:

Tomorrow, Valvatorez will meet his doom!

Oh you'd better not hurt him. Artina will be most displeased. xD

You doing Disgaea 4 next? That is probably my least favorite of the Disgaea PS3 trilogy because it took me forever to find a good place to grind. Still, it has one of my favorite Disgaea character in it, Fuka and her Prinny hat! ^_^

Edited by DragonQuest238

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Oh you'd better not hurt him. Artina will be most displeased. xD

You doing Disgaea 4 next? That is probably my least favorite of the Disgaea PS3 trilogy because it took me forever to find a good place to grind. Still, it has one of my favorite Disgaea character in it, Fuka and her Prinny hat! ^_^

It's a little late for that. I just one-shot him pretty easily. :P

I started Disgaea 4 about a year ago, but real life got in the way. With the lineup I have right now, it'll probably be a while before I get back to it.

Well, after annihilating Valvatorez this morning, I took a peek at the Ex Advanced dungeon to see what I'm up against, and I got absolutely slaughtered. The only reason I made it past the first floor was because I had double shell shields equipped. The difficulty jumps in Guided Fate sometimes are astonishing. I was hoping to farm 5-star holy icons, but it looks like I'll need to get stronger first.

To do that, I did the level up glitch again (since I was out for most of tonight). Being on level 9,999, I decided to see if my synthesized 4-star equipment was good enough for the 100 million damage trophy, and without any additional attack buffs, I just barely made it via God mode. Only six trophies remain. Let's see if I can get this done within the next week.

• Like 1

We're about a week into SURPASSING OUR LIMITS! For those who haven't started yet, don't worry. There's still plenty of time left. For those who have, how goes the journey?

I've been getting obliterated in Guided Fate's Survival dungeon (a.k.a. the worst dungeon in the entire game) for the past few days (for those who don't know, this is the dungeon that originally turned me away from this game). After the fourth attempt, I decided to take a break and make some updates to the Statistics page. I'll make tiny updates like this throughout the event to keep things fresh.

First, there's now a category to see how many trophies you've earned so far. At the top of the sheet, you can also see the total amount of trophies earned, as well as the total number of Games from Hell conquered. One demon has been slayed so far, and with our combined efforts, many more will follow!

2 hours ago, jem said:

For those who have, how goes the journey?

Well, I should put this in my next update, but I got six more trophies in Catlateral Damage. Tried to get the 1:30 objective in the Mewseum by the giant skeleton was too far away and didn't yield enough revenue to complete the objective. Then I kept running out of time in objective mode. :(

I really do promise I will start on the unstarted games(Persona 4 Golden, Unravel and Kingdom Hearts re:CoM) soon! I promise! But I just got a shiny new PS3(so I could join your Guided Fate Paradox club since it's on the PSN store :D) and downloaded Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch onto it... ? It doesn't help that in three weeks Dragon Quest XI comes out.

Still I have 51 weeks left to go.

2 hours ago, jem said:

Games from Hell conquered. One demon has been slayed so far, and with our combined efforts, many more will follow!

2462035_2.jpg
(not my art, it's a T-shirt logo from some online T-shirt company)

Oh yeah, the Cat Fiend is definitely going to be the first to be banished to Hell because Catlateral Damage is not that big of a trophy mine, but the trophies it does have are so BS. I'll probably have to spend once a week grinding out the 50 objectives cleared at least. Shantae will fall next(at least in the platinum department, I can probably get the platinum if I spend 24 hours straight on clearing the story and doing Hero Mode to get the remaining win screens for the remaining trophies).

Edited by DragonQuest238

17 hours ago, jem said:

We're about a week into SURPASSING OUR LIMITS! For those who haven't started yet, don't worry. There's still plenty of time left. For those who have, how goes the journey?

Besides Losing my Save Data on SAO HF PS4? before I lost the Save Data, I Defeated 100 HNM-class monsters. I have almost finished the Story on SAO LS and I`m still working on the Winning the Phoenix Festa/Battle Ceremonia 10 times(5 times as ``me`` and 5 times as Ayato)

Going to start SAO HF PS Vita then I get to the lovely grind on The Asterisk War known as Skills.

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Besides Losing my Save Data on SAO HF PS4? before I lost the Save Data, I Defeated 100 HNM-class monsters. I have almost finished the Story on SAO LS and I`m still working on the Winning the Phoenix Festa/Battle Ceremonia 10 times(5 times as ``me`` and 5 times as Ayato)

Going to start SAO HF PS Vita then I get to the lovely grind on The Asterisk War known as Skills.

Oh snap. Sorry that happened to you. It's never fun to lose save data. Hopefully you didn't need to do too much backtracking.

13 hours ago, jem said:

Oh snap. Sorry that happened to you. It's never fun to lose save data. Hopefully you didn't need to do too much backtracking.

I had to start over at the beginning at Level 116 from the PS Vita save I had, Instead of Starting over at that version, I`am going Start over at the PS Vita Version and make it so I have only 50 levels to go, Good equipment from the Start. while the PS Vita has bad translation, I`am going to skip everything if there`s a skip button on the PS Vita version as I already know the Story.

Update #1

- Dark Souls II

Well, last week i defeated Vendrick and went on NG+. One of the focus was on the Lucatiel trophy, got through Flexile Sentry and Lost Sinner without her dying, but i dunno, i might have slipped on The Rotten (i died and she was about to, but the loading screen came first, with no death auto save after). I discovered later that his bonfire was Lv.3, i don't remember why the hell i used an Ascetic in my first run, so i went for the safer approach and killed Flexile Sentry again, getting the requirement.

I couldn't check immediately if things were screwed up, because i have to reach Aldia's Keep to inherit her equipment, so, fingers crossed.

At the moment i'm three areas away, in Drangleic Castle. Also, with the NG+ new boss souls, i got one of each type of magic, so the remaining numbers are: Sorcery (1 left) / Miracle (3) / Pyromancy (2) / Hex (2).

Trophies: 1

New Total: 30

Remaining: 8

I got some little progress on LittleBigPlanet 2 as well. I had only half a hour registered in the 24 hours creation trophy. But the final days of this year's G1 Climax helped and kept me distracted enough to be able to add 8 hours to the count without pretty much noticing.

I will try to keep the updates on a weekly basis. Cheers :D

Edited by Giulian_Steel
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Xillia said:

Besides Losing my Save Data on SAO HF PS4?

9 hours ago, Xillia said:

RIGHT before the credits started, my game crashed!

Wow, it seems that Sony doesn't care about its consumers. xD To be fair, I've had my fair share of game crashes off and on as well. As for losing save data, luckily that has not happened to me yet. Then again, I just jinxed myself. :(

Having your game crash and starting over is not fun, especially if you are doing an all trophies % speedrun for a very long game and you don't save because speedrunners NEVER save their games.

Update #2: August 9-14, 2018

• Got six trophies in Catlateral Damage (Aug. 9)
  • Got three trophies from Shantae HGH. The Sophia III DLC dance surprisingly makes Sky Bridge and the boss of Tassel Town a joke. Stupidly forgot to get Monkey Bullet early on so I had to warp out of Tassel Tower to get it. :facepalm: (Aug. 14)

Next five days, will probably try to do some stuff on Yooka-Laylee next, maybe fire up KH1.5+2.5 and get started on re:Chain of Memories like I agreed to.

Due to Artifex Mundi betraying me, I got so mad that I had to defuse my anger by helping Risky Boots defeat her archnemesis. :P

IOW, earned some more Shantae HGH trophies to calm down including most of the Pirate Queen's Quest trophies. Would have spent some time getting the remaining Dark Magic but I wanted to get onto other stuff. Will probably download Unravel and start that up. Better late than never to get this over with.

EDIT: I didn't earn any other trophies on the list so this is my third period update. Will try to do better in the next few days.

Edited by DragonQuest238

4.N++ (1.59 )

Thus far this has been the only one I've made any headway on, but I'm getting better.  Honestly, I think the 5000 deaths is going to be the most grindy, but then again, I haven't completed a full row yet, so who knows how many more times I'll bite the dust.  Currently stuck on A-17 I think, and getting all the gold in a middle row episode.  Once those are done, I'll start working on just finishing rows.

The spreadsheet has been updated. Congrats to everyone who made some progress this past week, especially @Xillia and @Leon Castle, who each slayed one of their Demons from Hell.

As for me, after miserably failing to do the Survival Dungeon in Guided Fate for the fourth time in a row, I decided to step away from the game for a week and boost my completion for the other challenge I'm currently working on. I did complete my Battle Fantasia boost and earned a trophy there, but not much progress otherwise (I have been completing challenges in P4A, BlazBlue: CS, and Skullgirls periodically, but no trophies from those yet).

I'm moving back to college in two days. Until then, I'm going to boost my completion a tad more. After that, I hope to reveal a special surprise by the end of the week. Stay tuned!

• Like 1