PS VITA Features wishlist / fixlist

P3hmo6

Firstly I got few ideas how PS VITA could become really popular

1 support for renaming photos vids and music
2 support for making playlists photos vids and music 
3 group messaging and email app option mark all messages as read without watching 1 by 1 
4 make group messaging and email app receive messages immediatly after they come and no 1 per 15 mins automatic 
5 fix damn bug when writing message on psnp with vita if u press somewhere and use left or right direction or deleting where that "|" spawns somewhere else randomly or deletes something random
6 ps4's share features while pressing PS+START instead of only taking screenshot
7 when notification comes by pressing PS Button or touching notification quickly... opens that app immediatly group messaging email friends app etc
8 videos app working too in-game (no need quit app or game)
9 videos app support all types of videos  3gp wmv avi etc and all resolutions up to 1080p i mean 1080i and so on not yet supported
9 friends app automatic updates what game youre playing and where without  needing open it and update now it shows yellow bubble
10 all friends playing with vita online now have vita icon instead of ppl only ingame 
11 full flash player support
12 facebook app not requiring quitting game/app to use
13 games not freezing if going live area so not disconnecting from server
14 party chat cencuring deleting same with PS3 it cencures wrong things example word ''play'' with finnish langue
15 via remote play with PS4/3 you can put PS Vita screen to your TV screen
16 Netflix for PS VITA in Finland Denmark Norway Sweden UK and Ireland (PS3 app is available in those countries
17 able to copy text and paste it (at least on web browser YouTube app email group messaging and facebook apps)
18 Ustream app via PS Store
(1 of future PS4 sharing services)
19 Spotify App same way as music app you hear that music ingame too and in-game working too
20 VidZone App same way as music app you can hear that music ingame too and in-game working too
21 Viaplay app Finland Sweden Norway Denmark (PS3 app available in these countries)
22 Sony partnering with many countries' TV Services and making PSVITA And PS4 apps SMALL COUNTRIES TOO!!
23 PS2 Classics support
24 when you have opene
d apps they show up at top of screen as small bubbles by touching them you could get to that app's live area screen (start/continue etc that view) without needing scroll pass every single all opened i know by pressing PS button theres all apps touchable but still this was good
25 on music app songs listed by artist name or song name or album name or style etc possible change itself and currently only by song name
26 removing 100 apps/games limit
27 on music app available to change next or previous song with L and R Button even if screen is turned off and anywhere on live area example in app select or so or during some apps like web browser friends trophies settings etc
28 music app available to use back touchpad 
29 web browser zoom in HD
30 Web browser after zoomed in and then out there comes bad lines (example grey lines while on psnp)
31 PSVITA Camera zoom in zoom out options using on screen thing and/ or volume buttons
32 what im hear about Netflix app make available to adjust screen bc some videos are not showing fully and support for vitas own keyboard not Netflixs
33 support for bluetooth Computer mouses and keyboards (if not already)
34 support for phone bluetooth connect example you can send music with VITA/Phone to other device
35 show battery life left too as %
36 take wait second grey screen fully off if opened app and then 
got back to web bowser app sometimes it starts loading last site in around 5 seconds (wait sec notification finished in around 5 secs then)  but usually the app crashes bc this and only fix is quit app and open it again
37 web browser make browser load sites as fast with javascript on as it was off
38 availability to send voice messages (group messaging)
39 web browser immediatly stop loading site when entered site and pressed enter because now it first load current site 100% and then start loading
40 this is mentioned b4 here but not explained: when you write message on web browser on example psnp vita highlights word you are currently writing with _____ under text this makes bug if pressing delete or anywhere else and pressing some word it does set that number etc into that word or delete thing on that word this highlighting needs to stop
41 if buttons has turned on from settings able to take screen lock off with holding (O) after pressing power button, on keyboard available to change I position with L and R like on PS3 with L1 & R1, available to set big letter with left touchpad and with right touchpad available to set between normal letters and äåö etc and by pressing triangle available to use space
please let us know what you think

42 web browser update javascript: it's so slow thats why sites load so slowly if it's turned on

43 if wrote some site and pressed enter current site loading stops immediately automatic (now it loads current site 100% and then starts loading next) 

44 and if touched same link etc twice or more times it keeps loading not rebooting loading like now

Edited by P3hmo6
  • Like 3

I agree that there's definitely room for improvement and fine tuning if the Vita is a device that you primarily use for these things. I, personally, only use it as a mobile gaming platform when I don't have access to my PS3. I don't use most of the Vita's periferal apps.

The one idea that stands out to me is the "share" feature you mentioned and how it could mirror the PS4's functionality... That would be pretty sweet.

The problem with PS3/PS2/PS1 games to vita is there are less buttons on the vita than on a controller, so that has to be taken into account.

l2, r2,l3 and r3 were on the back touch screen.

Edited by shawnbenham

Yea i know but i mean for free members as plus is only useful for those (in my opinion) with a PS3, not a stand alone vita

The vita has a plus cloud of its own. A whole 1GB put any amount of saves into (well upto 1000).

If you dont want to go down the plus route you could download the CMA to your laptop or PC and plug your Vita into that. Then back up your saves to it instead.

Failing that get yourself another memory card and dont delete anything.

At the end of the day deleting should be a last resort.