What region is this?

And the trophies default language ain't English.

15 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

The Japanese version came out like a year ago right.

Possibility of this one having english subs?

*extreme wishful thinking*

No EN Subs, it's ZH Version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't you mean never English dubbed?

458501131178606624.png?v=1

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Or do you mean that no VN that never released outside the asian region has english subs?

If it's a VN, it does not have Asian version with English subs.

Or in other words, Asian versions with English subs are never VNs.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Aren't you forgetting about Clannad?

Edit: Never mind, that's the Japanese version with English subs. My bad.

Edited by Undead Wolf

26 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I know it's more or less treated like a different region but you don't count @Undead Wolf's example of Clannad not as asian version with English subs?

And I was just asking as you never know for sure what languages are part of an asian release. E.g. personally I was kinda surprised when I saw that the physical asian releases of Ys Origin or Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memories contained european languages like French or German. Both aren't VNs so your statement is still correct. Personally I wouldn't make such a bold statement, though. Instead I would say it's more likely that an asian release of a VN most likely won't feature English as a sub-option unless the publisher already planned a Western release beforehand.

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I know it's more or less treated like a different region but you don't count @Undead Wolf's example of Clannad not as asian version with English subs?

Clannad is a bit specific case I would say. The game has an actual western release, albeit digital-only, so from the business perspective, having an option of physical English subs version when the localization was planned to be released together is a win-win situation =D

And I was just asking as you never know for sure what languages are part of an asian release.

Well, we do have the almighty interwebz :awesome: 

And there's always someone who reports findings :awesome: 

Personally I wouldn't make such a bold statement, though. Instead I would say it's more likely that an asian release of a VN most likely won't feature English as a sub-option unless the publisher already planned a Western release beforehand.

Maybe it's a bold one, but if we consider the state of Asian English releases, which are much common now so we have a solid base for statistics, and that they have no VN among them...

Well, I would say it's pretty much reality :/

I do get it, translating a complete VN would take much more than non-VN game since they are text-wise much longer (not that most players would know about this :facepalm:)

unless the publisher already planned a Western release beforehand.

That's mostly the case now as well. Majority of Asian English releases were later released in the west. And Asian versions are just for the physical Vita geemu :awesome: 

Sure, there are exceptions like Marie Rose in a tight bikini, Gundams, MoeKuro, etc.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Not sure, it all works fine for me and I use adblock.

Maybe try the global version of the site: https://www.yesasia.com/global/new-game-the-challenge-stage-亚洲中文版/1069085982-0-0-0-en/info.html

Hmm, loads fine in incognito mode. Thanks for the link though.