Fall 2018 backlog challenge

On 09/09/2018 at 6:52 PM, coldsphinx93 said:

As I've now said in the Face Your Fears Challenge, I'm going to be taking a short break from my list to play Spiderman. Either I platinum it quickly, like in the next two weeks or so, or I play the story only and come back to it after the event. I do want to get my listed games DONE.

Platinumed spideyman so now I'll be coming back to my original list soon. I should probably get going on the Face Your Fears Challenge though

Edited by coldsphinx93

Update:

Here They Lie (12/12 I 100%) :gold:

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (58/58 I 100%) :platinum:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (41/41 I 100%) :platinum:

God of War II (35/35 I 100%) :platinum:

Marvel's Spider-Man (0/51 I 0% >>> 51/51 I 100%) :platinum:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (0/64 I 0%)

Jak and Daxter; The Precursor Legacy (0/39 I 0% >>> 1/39 I 1%)

Spider-Man was absolutely phenomenal, and I can't wait 'till NG+ and the DLC. I'll play SotTR next since I really enjoyed TR(2013) as well as RotTR. I played Jak and Daxter for like 20 minutes, but I didn't really feel like playing anything, so I took a break. 

Edited by Igor_vlad75
  • Like 2

Update:

PS4

Spiderman - 0% (0/0)

Detroit become human - 88% (42/49)

Dead Cells - 24% (17/54)

Shenmue I - 0% (0/29) --> 66% (23/29)  

Owlboy - 2% (1/24)

PS Vita

Persona 4 dancing all night - 31% (17/40) —> 100% (40/40) :platinum:

I have been playing Shenmue 1 the last few days, I am procrastenating one more Detroit playtrough because I wanted something else for a bit. Will get to it next week tho. I like Shenmue, it's a bit weird and slow, but that also makes it a bit funny. It's relaxing to play after a long day of work. I'm going to Italy now for a week so won't be able to play anything for that time. I'll continue Detroit, Shenmue and Dead Cells after that. When I complete Shenmue and Detroit I'll start playing Spiderman. Really looking forward to playing that as it gets lot's of praise.

• Like 2

Finally my first update for the Fall Backlog Challenge:

PS3:

Bioshock - 9%

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - 0%

South Park: The Stick of Truth  - 0%

PS4:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - 0% => 35%

Pyre  - 0%

Titenfall 2 - 17%

Compared to the other two challenges I've been part of, I started rather slow into this one. On the one hand, I tried to finish Far Cry 3 (a game from the previous challenge) and on the other we had perfect weather for being outside the last couple of weeks 

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and it is definitely one of the best games I've played on my PS3 overall. Easy to get in, none of the trophies are particular difficult and the two main villains are just so damn crazy ? Therefore, I was not in a hurry and took my sweet time with the campaign! 

However, to make some progress with my backlog I decided to start the Fall challenge with Darksiders on PS4. I was holding back on this for a long time but I'm digging it! The game reminds me a bit of Zelda but with an overall darker tone (or put it differently more brutal combat). The story so far is interesting but nothing really spectacular, cause the plot is somewhat predictable. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to see how it all ends! What I really like are the character designs ? especially Samael, the watcher (your comedy relief companion) and the bosses are well made and creative! 

The gameplay on the other hand is one of the weaker points...War feels a bit slow in combat and even though you have different weapons they don't give you a sense of variation (in my opinion). At least some trophy requirements force you to use other options as well, if not you could beat the game with your very first weapon. Somewhat related to this issue is that even though you can purchase new techniques for your weapons, it does not translate into a lot of new combat moves...

While you progress through the story you visit various areas with different themes and even though the game is not open-world, some of them are quite big. However, you never have the feeling of being lost because the game holds your hand a little bit too tight with the quest-markers. The same can be said about the dungeons...they are rather linear and the puzzles can easily be solved after some tries. The overall game seems a bit easy, therefore I'm happy they added the Apocalyptic difficulty, which makes the fights (and especially the boss battles) harder and more rewarding! 

• Like 1

I have finally started a backlog game.

However I have been procrastinating something chronic (probably why I, like many of you, have decided to join this challenge and finally play some games that have been sitting on my PS4 unplayed) and have started yet another game that I had not considered for the backlog challenge. One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. I have really enjoyed the Dynasty Warriors style combat and following the story, playing out the biggest battle moments from my favourite anime. I have added it to the bottom list as it was not part of my original list but I will continue to work on it.....

PS4

Mad Max (5%) have read that plat is now unobtainable with digital vesion......

Dark Cloud (0%)

Undertale (0%)

Metro Redux (0%)

Infamous first Light (0%)

The Order (0%)   -----  (45%)

Borderlands 2 (10%)

However I have gotten the platnium for:

Assassin's Creed Origins (52%)      76% 
Lego Jurassic World (78%)              100%
Overcooked (25%) (s rank)              100%
Grim Fandango (o%)                        100%
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (12%)    47%
Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 2

Weekend update. Haven't played much over the week due to starting a new job (qualified nurse), I love it but the shifts take a lot out of me and I don't really have the concentration to play when I get home. I dabbled in some Project Diva F as the game doesn't ask too much on lower difficulties and after 2 years away from it, booted up Trails of Cold Steel. It took about 2 hours to get orientated to the save file as I had to check against all the collectables (only missed one book but it may respawn in the pawn shop) but I'm eager to get back into this.

Played Dragon Quest this morning, had popped a few trophies. Planning on using my days off to cycle through pretty much everything on my list. I've been good at resisting new releases during this challenge, but I might get the new Valkyria on Tuesday.

Dragon Quest 11 24% >27%
Spiderman 100%
yaku kiwami 15%
Divinity Original Sin 2 4%
Final Fantasy Type 0 19%
LOH: cold steel 12%
ProjectDiva F 2nd 15%
Adventures of Mana 100%
Va11-Hall-a 18%

• Like 2

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 10% (6/33)

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition - 24% (12/28) -> 45% (18/28)

Jurassic World Evolution - 0%

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Lego The Hobbit - 0% -> 100% :platinum: 

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Spec Ops The Line (PS3/Now) - 0% -> 74%

The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game - 0%

Yakuza 0 - 7% (5/55)

Not really part of the Backlog

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 0% -> 100%

N.E.R.O. 0% - >100%

Seasons After Fall 0% -> 100%

Super Exploding Zoo 0% -> 100%

So I finished Lego Pirates of the Caribbean so funny how they made Jack walk the same way he does in the movies ?
After that I started Spec Ops, completed it on Suicide and now I'm stuck on Fubar. Got myself with a lot of retries in chapter 4 so there is some progress and I will not give up.

In the mean time I finished Fallout Shelter and Gravel.
From PSNow I started and finished N.E.R.O. (little boring) Seasons after Fall (liked it) and Super Exploding Zoo (funny puzzle game) I have some more games from PSNow I like to play, so I will do that every time I get frustrated with Spec Ops.

• Like 2

I have finished my first backlog game: The Order 1886

It was Meh at best. Story could of been better (best part of the game), gunplay was pretty good, however the stealth sections sucked so bad. The game itself was beautiful, like some of the best graphics I have seen. 5/10 at best.

More progress on One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 also.

PS4

Mad Max (5%) have read that plat is now unobtainable with digital version......

Dark Cloud (0%)

Undertale (0%)

Metro Redux (0%)

The Order (0%)   -----  (100%)

Borderlands 2 (10%)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (12%)    61%
  • Like 1

Been cranking out Yakuza. Might take a little break once I get 100% completion and clear the story, coming back to NG+ stuff after I've cleansed my palate. As enjoyable as everything is, starting to feel fatigued and I'm not even properly in the completionist tedium yet. Valkaria and Hollow Knight pre-ordered for tomorrow so I might spend time before work dabbling in those.

Dragon Quest 11 27%
Spiderman 100%
yaku kiwami 15% >40%
Final Fantasy Type 0 19%
ProjectDiva F 2nd 15%
Adventures of Mana 100%
Va11-Hall-a 18%

First Update:

1. Alien Isolation (PS4) – 0%

2. Aer (PS4) – 3%

3. Inner Space (PS4) – 0%

4. The Long Reach (PS4) – 0%

5. Beholder (PS4) – 0%

6. Grim Legends 2 (PS4) – 0% => 100% :platinum:

7. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) – 0%

8. Tesla vs Lovecraft (PS4) – 0%

9. Suicide Guy (PS4) – 0%

10. Prince of Persia (PS3) – 0%

11. Remember Me (PS3) – 0%

12. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (PS3) - 0%

Very slow start this time around but I finally platinumed X Com 2, so I can get to this list. First one down, usual relaxing Artifex Mundi title and only needed one playthrough so even better. Might move onto Aer next.

• Like 2

On 4.8.2018 at 2:32 AM, OJ9999vr said:

I'll Join again.

Not the final list, but it's to get past the 5 games limit

Super Meat Boy 100%

Lego Chima

Lego Ninjago nindroids

Lego ninjago shadow of ronin

Lego Marvel super heroes 2

The hardest is now out of the way, time to start working on the others.

• Like 4

Downloaded and booted up Dragon Fantasy II and got the first three trophies to put the game on my list. I know it's an easy platinum but there are so many games I need to do. I might switch from the PS4 version of Oceanhorn to the Vita version because I want to put this game on my list for Gaming by Numbers.

My List Update:

• Dragon Quest Builders: 100% :platinum:
  • Dragon Fantasy: The Tome of Black Ice: 0% => 4%
  • Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas: 0% (not even downloaded)
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: 2%
  • LEGO City Undercover: 0% (not even downloaded)
  • Like 1

New Update:

1. Alien Isolation (PS4) – 0%

2. Aer (PS4) – 3% => 100% :platinum:

3. Inner Space (PS4) – 0%

4. The Long Reach (PS4) – 0%

5. Beholder (PS4) – 0%

6. Grim Legends 2 (PS4) – 0% => 100% :platinum:

7. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) – 0%

8. Tesla vs Lovecraft (PS4) – 0%

9. Suicide Guy (PS4) – 0%

10. Prince of Persia (PS3) – 0%

11. Remember Me (PS3) – 0%

12. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (PS3) - 0%

Second game down. Interesting game, but some of the mechanics made it more awkward then it needed to be. Next will be Walking Dead probably.

Working on Borderlands 2 as we speak. Lots of progress. Finished main story working towards level 50. A great game. Easy to get burnt out... A lot to do.

More progress on One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 also.

PS4

Mad Max (5%) have read that plat is now unobtainable with digital version......

Dark Cloud (0%)

Undertale (0%)

Metro Redux (0%)

The Order (0%)   -----  (100%)

Borderlands 2 (10%)   ------ (36%)

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (12%)    70%

Time for another update

I've taken a break from gaming for 3 weeks, guess i got burned out and just wasn't interested in trophy hunting for a while, but I got back to it and made some decent progress on some games:

-The Wolf Among Us (PS4) 0% => 100% :platinum:

-Hohokum (PS4) 0% => 100%

-Journey (PS4) 0%

-Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing (PS4) 20% => 93% 

-Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4) 0% => 20%

I've gone all out on Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing (probably one off the worst racing games ever) and managed to get the most difficult trophies out of the way, however that game has saving issues and therefor it set me back to the beginning off the game, in order to get the 4 last trophies I'll have to redo pretty much everything I did so far and more, and with those saving issues I can't even afford to shut off my play while going for it, so that means I'll have to wait for my next weekend to give it another try. In the meanwhile I started up Senran Kagura Estival Versus and also made some progress there, seems like the platinum for that one should'nt be that hard, maybe long but not that hard. I hope I can get both off these games done pretty soon so I'll only have Journey left after that!

Dragon Quest 11 27%
Spiderman 100%
yaku kiwami 40% >47%
Final Fantasy Type 0 19%
ProjectDiva F 2nd 15%
Adventures of Mana 100%
Va11-Hall-a 18%

Work has been really busy and I've done a couple of double shifts the last week, apart from dabbling in hollow knight and valkyria chronicles 4 my efforts have been on Yakuza - I am at the point of no return and am aiming for 100% completion before I complete the game.

• Like 2

Update:

PS4

Spiderman - 0% (0/0) —> 2% (2/51)

Detroit become human - 88% (42/49)

Dead Cells - 24% (17/54)

Shenmue I - 66% (23/29)  —> 100% (29/29) :platinum:

Owlboy - 2% (1/24)

PS Vita

Persona 4 dancing all night - 100% (40/40) :platinum:

I got the platinum trophy in Shenmue one. Liked the story but the waiting in between everything was a bit much. I think I’ll play part 2 also but not yet. 

I started Spider-Man today and really enjoy it so far. I’m really just in the beginning tho so will take me a while to platinum. Still have to finish Detroit, will do that somewhere in between. 

• Like 3