Definitive Edition Announced

Was the post-game really that bad when the marketplace was still there? It sounded like utter bollocks to me when I heard it announced but I never got the chance to get this before. I played the XBox 360 version of Shadow of Mordor which was... a very mixed bag, shall we say.

12 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

For those asking, no new trophy list. The "Definive Edition" is just the standard version with a voucher code in the box.

Well actually I can confirm that for US, as I said it long time ago, Gold and Definitive edition basically the same. Chinese version has 2 discs.

No idea how Europe region is.

If Europe has 2 discs also, I salute you, always fighting for physical games, they have lots of indies on disc.

But in US there's a lot of people pushing the digital agenda. Saddens me. 

And then they pretend to be bitter with uncompleted games, season discs with just 1 episode, dlc on day 1, season pass for just 3 months. And then complete editions with vouchers.

Don't blame publishers you caused this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's kinda late, but can confirm the game is a physical disc, not a download code. 2 physical discs in the case. I haven't had to use multiple discs to play a game in a long time, not since Final Fantasy IX I believe on the PSX. No complaints from me though, I'm just glad that the Definitive edition comes with everything promised.

• 1 month later...

Little late as well but I grabbed the definitive edition and I too got two discs which makes me think it's not a regional thing since I got the NA version. 

Haven't popped in the disc yet to see if the DLC is included on it but the disc has a definitive edition logo so I assume there's no code involved and I didn't get one any anyways. 

16 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Little late as well but I grabbed the definitive edition and I too got two discs which makes me think it's not a regional thing since I got the NA version. 

Haven't popped in the disc yet to see if the DLC is included on it but the disc has a definitive edition logo so I assume there's no code involved and I didn't get one any anyways. 

That happens when you (WB) know that you fvcked up the thing THAT bad.

You can check early videos, the packages in US had only one disc, and a redeem code. Good you can grab it now the way it should be done since the beginning :)

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

That happens when you (WB) know that you fvcked up the thing THAT bad.

You can check early videos, the packages in US had only one disc, and a redeem code. Good you can grab it now the way it should be done since the beginning :)

Oh damn really? Well that sucks for early players. I grabbed it from Amazon as it had it for sale this Christmas at a really good price. 

I was going to grab the gold edition mind you which was a little cheaper but I wasn't risking buying something online which involves codes and what have you because of the possibility of a screw up. 

Now I haven't installed the game yet to 100% confirm that the dlc is on disc but from the looks of it, it seems that I more or less got the EU version or maybe that's just the current version for all regions I guess. 

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 9:08 AM, GoldenShaka said:

I was kinda curious about so much content on disc, but for all collectors:

"Warner Bros. notes that only the main game is included on the disc, and all content beyond that will require a download."

So, if you can grab a Gold edition cheap, go for it, it's the same as this Definitive, well Plus the steelbook :)

I was thinking the same thing. I got the Gold Edition from Best Buy for $10 bucks a few months ago, and it has all the same content.

Just started to play it, and I am enjoying it so far!

2 hours ago, JABing said:

I was thinking the same thing. I got the Gold Edition from Best Buy for $10 bucks a few months ago, and it has all the same content.

Just started to play it, and I am enjoying it so far!

Great price. I got it at 16, still great price considering it has all content.

• Like 1