Omega Mk XII - Trial Mode

I am having some issues beating Omega in Trial Mode. I am in the upper 80s in levels. Basch is my main and he is a Knight/Bushi (bad combo IMO, don't recommend), Ashe is White Mage/Uhlan and Vaan is a Shikari/Black Mage. I forget the combo of the other 3 but each of the 6 remaining classes are represented and their levels are below 40.

I have tried following other guides on the net, think my biggest problem is level. I got through the first 98 levels, some challenging and took a few tries but got them. Omega is not easy for me. I try the Reverse strategy and works but it wears off quickly and by the time I am able to get it back on and get back into the fight, it has either worn off again or Omega berserks a character and lose control. I think the best I have done is 30% HP left. I tried different approaches. Use Bubble belt to prevent having to always cast it. Use the item that prevents berserk.

Would like to beat it without going back and leveling but that may be my only option. Any thoughts?

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

If I'm remembering rightly I actually used beserk intentionally. I tried the reverse method and never got it to work. Bubble belt your tank and chug some Bacchus wine and leave them to it. Just keep them decoyed, beserked and healthy. Keep your other characters out of range and protected against beserk and you should be good to go. I used this method for pretty much everything tbh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Without the reverse, his attack chew up my health pretty quickly. Bashe is only lv 85 with Ashe and Vaan at 88. Thank you for the reply. Seems like I am doing it right, just under leveled.

Try this gambits: 

Attack character: (with bubble belt equipped)- attack omega just with him!

foe: nearest enemy= attack

Support character 1: (auto)

attacking character name= reverse

attacking character name= decoy

support character 1= curaga

support character 2= curaga

MP -20%= charge

Support character 2: (auto)

attacking character name= decoy

attacking character name= reverse

support character 1= curaga

support character 2= curaga

MP -20%= charge

Then abuse "wither" and "addle" technicks, keep attacking with your tank and it´s done...lvl is not a problem here.

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 3

Hmm, okay. Different gambit commands then what I am running. Will try them out, thanks.

Hmm, just caught the heal commands for Support Character 2 who does not have any white magic. I could make SC2 the attack but SC2 has the Reverse and Decoy. Will have to try and tweak a bit for my current set-up, but again thank you.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Hmm, okay. Different gambit commands then what I am running. Will try them out, thanks.

Hmm, just caught the heal commands for Support Character 2 who does not have any white magic. I could make SC2 the attack but SC2 has the Reverse and Decoy. Will have to try and tweak a bit for my current set-up, but again thank you.

Don´t forget the "wither" technick (that thing is OP), use it at least 3 or 4 times, it´s important because with that, Omega attacks become totally harmless . Sorry for my poor english hehe. Good luck

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I need some help with this. I’ve tried the reverse method but still get wiped pretty fast. My main group is Basch as my tank lvl94 Uhlan/Knight with Balthier lvl99 Machinist/time battlemage and Fran lvl99 white mage/machinist. I’ve tried keeping decoy/reverse on Basch but it seems like Omega’s attacks still damage him instead of healing.

Edited by zombiesateme
Solution managed to get wither to stick and hit him about 4-5 times with it after getting Basch to lvl99

I haven't succeeded yet with it either but I noticed I had to use bubble as Omega would kill me in between reverses/decoys due to speed of attacks and amount of damage.

Didn't see your solution. Congratulations. None of my mains have Wither so I need to grind my alts up so they can survive for a small bit and use the Technique, hopefully it will be enough.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

• 1 year later...

Here's what worked for me in the main game, and what I'm planning on using in Trial Mode:

Basch (Knight/Bushi) -> Equip with Bubble Belt & strongest melee weapon

Ally: any -> Phoenix Down

Foe: lowest HP -> Attack

Vaan (Monk/Time Battlemage) -> Equip with Bubble Belt & strongest melee weapon

Ally: any -> Raise/Arise

Foe: lowest HP -> Wither/Attack

Penelo (Red Battlemage/Shikari)

Ally: Vaan -> Reverse

Ally: Basch -> Reverse

Self -> Reverse

Ally: Vaan -> Lure

Ally: Basch -> Lure

Self -> Vanish

Omega's beam weapon causes Berserk so you don't need to apply it yourself. Using melee weapons is important because if your attackers use a ranged weapon (like Seitengrat), they'll move away from Omega, which might cause it to target your support instead. You could swap Penelo and Vaan in the above setup so that your attacker has ninja swords, and your supporter has Hastega.

The main problem is you have to set up for any given stage before the previous stage finishes. If you open stage 99 with trying to cast Reverse & Lure, you'll get killed before you finish. So use the last bits of stage 98 to set up your Reverse + Lure , and have one of your attackers use Wither instead. If you reduce Omega's attack power to the point where it's manageable, you can turn off your Reverse gambits and set up real ones for when stage 100 starts. The same thing happens with stage 97; Zodiark is easy if you have time to prepare, so you have to buff your party while getting attacked by Abysteels.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Here's what worked for me in the main game, and what I'm planning on using in Trial Mode:

Basch (Knight/Bushi) -> Equip with Bubble Belt & strongest melee weapon

Ally: any -> Phoenix Down

Foe: lowest HP -> Attack

Vaan (Monk/Time Battlemage) -> Equip with Bubble Belt & strongest melee weapon

Foe: lowest HP -> Wither/Attack

Penelo (Red Battlemage/Shikari)

Ally: Vaan -> Reverse

Ally: Basch -> Reverse

Self -> Reverse

Ally: Vaan -> Lure

Ally: Basch -> Lure

Self -> Vanish

Omega's beam weapon causes Berserk so you don't need to apply it yourself. Using melee weapons is important because if your attackers use a ranged weapon (like Seitengrat), they'll move away from Omega, which might cause it to target your support instead. You could swap Penelo and Vaan in the above setup so that your attacker has ninja swords, and your supporter has Hastega.

The main problem is you have to set up for any given stage before the previous stage finishes. If you open stage 99 with trying to cast Reverse & Lure, you'll get killed before you finish. So use the last bits of stage 98 to set up your Reverse + Lure , and have one of your attackers use Wither instead. If you reduce Omega's attack power to the point where it's manageable, you can turn off your Reverse gambits and set up real ones for when stage 100 starts. The same thing happens with stage 97; Zodiark is easy if you have time to prepare, so you have to buff your party while getting attacked by Abysteels.

That's awesome, thank you for the breakdown. My problem is, I don't have the right classes on my main team and my back-ups suck, like all in their 30's with their levels. I need to go back and finish it but I got tired trying to beat Omega and do all the quickenings. Not even sure where the disc is for that game. Maybe with this detail list, I can start trying again. Let me know how your Trial goes and if you earn the Platinum!

1 hour ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

That's awesome, thank you for the breakdown. My problem is, I don't have the right classes on my main team and my back-ups suck, like all in their 30's with their levels. I need to go back and finish it but I got tired trying to beat Omega and do all the quickenings. Not even sure where the disc is for that game. Maybe with this detail list, I can start trying again. Let me know how your Trial goes and if you earn the Platinum!

You don't need the exact classes; you just need one with some white/green magic, one with debuffs like Wither and Addle, and one with high damage. Knight/Bushi is a great combination if all you need is a character who maxes DPS and spends most of their time in Berserk anyways. Check your license board for who has access to what, and adjust accordingly. I had to do a lot of manual tweaking to ensure I started each round in the right state, but once I did it was easy.

Other round-specific tips:

- Stage 84: Change your gambits to use Telekinesis, Gil Toss, and magic attacks. Don't use Traveler; your gil carries over from the main game (I had over 3 million by the end) but your steps don't.

- Stage 86: Before Stage 85 ends, switch your gambits to the Reverse + Decoy plan. The army of pirates can take down your party members way faster than you think. Once the number of enemies is more manageable, like 1-2, 

- Stage 93: Before Stage 92 ends, switch to the Reverse + Decoy gambits. You can get OHKO'd very easily from three Choco-attacks at the same time.

- Stage 95: Do not use Reverse + Decoy here! Equip all your holy-absorbing gear, and set up gambits to Dispel allies with Reverse and Reflect. Ultima will use Reflect to make you heal her by accident, and Reverse + Renew to one-shot your party. I probably had the most trouble with this round.

- Stage 96: This is harder than it looks; if possible, try to end Stage 95 with Protect and Bubble up. Once you get through the initial onslaught, bats will keep dropping in 1-2 at a time. Set your gambits to Wither the lowest HP one, and manually attack them so that only 1 remains. Before you kill it, put Bravery, Haste, Berserk, Protect, Shell, and your strongest weapons on your whole party.

- Stage 97: As soon as the round starts, swap your active party with a single backup character. Zodiark will cast a Darkja with the battle starts and KO that character. Now swap back to your main party with all the buffs from the previous round! If all goes according to plan, you'll rush and kill Zodiark before it has time to set up its various shields and immunity.

- Stage 98: Same as the main game; use Wither and Addle until the damage is manageable, Berserk your DPS, and fast forward. Try to end the round with Reverse on all your characters.

- Stage 99: With gambits like above, you just need a bit of luck to apply Wither a few times. Eventually, the damage you take from hitting Omega will be higher than the damage Omega actually does to you. When that happens, switch back to your normal gambits.

- Stage 100: Use the Nihopalaoa + Zeromus trick in the main guide, it works like a charm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have found the disk and have got it back in the PS4 where it belongs! I am playing an hour or so around the different levels to get back into the rhythm. I will also explore the new update of being able to change my classes. With that addition, as well as leveling up my secondary team, I think I finally have a shot at this defeating Omega. If I do so, it should be my last entry in the Bestiary and puts me at Trial 100, which I have learned is far easier than 99. If that happens that knocks out two of the four trophies needed for the Platinum, and really it is basically three as the fourth is just beating the game. Not sure if I'll get Mist Walker but, a step closer is always better than not.

I did this yesterday without looking at any guides and was suprised when my party got obliterated in seconds. As many others have already said you just need to survive long enough to get a few stacks of Wither on the boss, which stops him one shotting you. Continue to stack wither until it's doing hardly any damage, and just wait for him to die. He is a one trick pony.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

I did this yesterday without looking at any guides and was suprised when my party got obliterated in seconds. As many others have already said you just need to survive long enough to get a few stacks of Wither on the boss, which stops him one shotting you. Continue to stack wither until it's doing hardly any damage, and just wait for him to die. He is a one trick pony.

Thanks. Yeah my downfall was my wither was my weakest character in the low 30s, so they would never survive the fight. Thanks for the info. I need to get back to it, just trying to clean up too many games. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Thanks. Yeah my downfall was my wither was my weakest character in the low 30s, so they would never survive the fight. Thanks for the info. I need to get back to it, just trying to clean up too many games. Lol.

You can reassign your Licence boards, my setup was far from optimal but I ended up hardly using my backup team. They all were around level 40 by the end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

You can reassign your Licence boards, my setup was far from optimal but I ended up hardly using my backup team. They all were around level 40 by the end.

Yes, I just learn of the re-assigning capability even though it is like a year old. Lol. Wow! Level 40s?!!!!! My main team is in the late 80, maybe 90s, I don't remember and my best run was approximately 75% damage to Omega's health.