Soul Sacrifice or Ragnarok Odyssey?

Spiersaz

I have getting more interests for the Monster Hunter-type of games lately. I would love to play one on Vita, so the question is: should I get Soul Sacrifice or Ragnarok Odyssey? And does people still play Ragnarok Odyssey? Please let me know.  :eyebrow:

I have getting more interests for the Monster Hunter-type of games lately. I would love to play one on Vita, so the question is: should I get Soul Sacrifice or Ragnarok Odyssey? And does people still play Ragnarok Odyssey? Please let me know.  :eyebrow:

Definitely Soul sacrifice. It is superior of the two. Ragnarok Odyssey is way too repetitive and the battle system is also repetitive also. You'l be doing the same moves over and over again in that game and be doing the same type of missions over and over again

I think Soul Sacrifice might be better as its more fast paced and the story is more on the darker side.  Though the only downside i can think of gameplay wise is when offerings break but that is easily fixed due to the environment offering slight renewals.  Though i know some people still play Ragnarok Odyssey it might be few

Having invested enough time in both, I can easily state that Soul Sacrifice so so much more enjoyable of a game, as is provides a feeling of growth and purpose, while Ragnarok just becomes a matter of simple repetition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have both of them and Soul Sacrifice is a better game in every aspect.

Altough I have to say it is NOT Monster Hunter!

It may feel like its similar on a first look but is way too diferent to be even compared.

Edited by neves_br

I own Ragnarok odyssey and not Soul sacrifice and I say Soul sacrifice is the better of the two but they each have their own thing. I just won't buy Soul sacrifice because it's similar to Ragnarok in a way unless of course it gets a price drop.

• 4 weeks later...

It must be  Soul Sacrifice! I have both games and I found that the RO is too hard to play. What it need is luck! You need to lucky enough to get the good cards ang good weapons, and those things may need your long time playing, even over 100hours to get one !

Well, the new RO (RO Ace)is on its way to come out, but I won't purchase it any more.

On the  contrary, Soul Sacrifice is better, because though it is a little bit hard ,it gives you the enjoyment that the MH series once gave you!

I've only played SS, but I have interest in Ragnorak. I see people saying Ragnorak is repetitive, but SS is also. You have about 20 different bosses that you repeatedly fight, the only difference is the difficulty depending on the pacts you're on. Or sometimes you get blessed with 2 archfiends at once.