Extra info on Skyrim

TranceVance

I always look forward to delivering new information about Skyrim by the bucketload. In the new issue of OXM, which contains a preview of the game, the developers at Bethesda provided a flurry of new gameplay details that should pique the interest of anyone who's been following the series and the game's development thus far.

Without further ado, here's what's interesting:

Necromancy

Players indulging in the Necromantic arts will be able to resurrect chickens and harvest their eggs. When the player is fighting against NPC opponents proficient in Necromancy, they can resurrect their fallen allies to support them in battle—making them primary targets in any large fight.

Combat AI

Enemies who see their allies fall will recognize the player's strength and flee from battle if they see no hope of winning.

There is an instance where bandits roll a boulder at the player from an overhanging bridge. It's an example of how environmental interaction in Skyrim is vastly improved over its predecessors.

Leveling Up

Leveling up is less of an automated process, allowing you to define your character as you see fit. Whenever you level up, you gain 10 points to distribute among health, magicka, or stamina.

Horses and Theft

Stolen horses will run away from the player when dismounted. Furthermore, a town guard will halt the player at the gate of a town and make you pay for the horse you stole earlier.

Spriggans (a monster type) can heal themselves even after you think they're dead, when they curl into a fetal position. Giant mudcrabs make a return in Skyrim. Attack its weak point for massive damage.

I like the sound of the dynamic change in AI combat.

• Like 2

Never played an The Elder Scrolls game before; this should be interesting. I'm loving the RPG genre more and more these days.

I'm not a fan of a game autoleveling for me, so that's definitely a plus. The Necromancy sounds cool too.

The horse theft just sounds out-right goofy! :P

Hitman, If you've not played Oblivion, this is going to blow you away. With your recently found love of RPG's I expect you to become for this game, as Nero was for Demons Souls. :lol:

Yeah, just the demo was very impressive. I certainly am starting to love RPG's more and more these days. I'm eagerly anticipating this as much as I am Dark Souls ... well, maybe not as much, but pretty damn close. :P