Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

If you open the artifacts tab and go to "mystery of the white queen", is it checked 100% for you?

I guess if all those 7 items are listed under this artifacts tab, they count as it? The challenge was not showing as available unless you starred throwing the ball on the targets. This might be what some of you might have missed?

If ur direcring that at me, ive not even started the game yet, jus trying to help

What do u think about the TUMI KNIFE relic I.mentioned.earlier, it shows on the map as LOCATION UNKNOWN so it may not appear on the map as a collectible. Its also related to a side mission, not sure if missable

Seen a few people on net missing a ANTIQUE KNIFE, wonder if it is same one.

And if this artifact indeed doesnt show on map, how many others dont.....

@optimusmart If you didn't play the Deadly Obsession difficult. All progress in the game is auto-save, when you collect a new collectibles the game twill save for you. It's maybe not hard to tracking but how would you do if the game already overwriten save for you?

@Erkawest I think Croft Manor section the artifact didn't count or challenge. On my 1st playthrough, I've collect all item 7 items and done the challenge. I working on 2nd playthrough, I didn't collect anything just speedrun. At the end, you will get all the artifact even you didn't collect them.

1 hour ago, spncryn said:

Basically writing to confirm exactly the same issue: I'm currently stuck at 99.88%, with all areas 100% but one Collection -- Conquerors -- missing one document (Missionary Work), stuck at 87%. On my Deadly Obsession run, I went to that exact spot where Missionary Work is found, refound it, and then confirmed that it was indeed blanked out in my 99% file, despite being listed as never having been found in the Artefacts screen. I can definitely confirm that, at least for me, it's a bug, and not something I missed on my end; and I'm pretty certain that a number of other people are facing this too.

I'm pretty frustrated, to be honest, as I spent a whole lot of time and effort looking for those 350+ artefacts, and am sure as hell not gonna do it again, especially not on Deadly Obsession... it's even more frustrating given that I faced the exact same problem in Rise of the Tomb Raider (although that eventually was fixed, somehow). Seeing as the game just officially released today, while it definitely does annoy me, I can tolerate it for now. I'm gonna take a break after finishing Deadly Obsession, and sit on it a week or so; hopefully by the time I come back, they'll already have patched it, or offered a more elegant solution than just suggesting "do it at all over again". At the very least, they seem to have acknowledged that the Completionist trophy is bugged...

EDIT: I haven't received either the Completionist or Dr. Croft trophy; how exactly does the Completionist trophy work? Does it go by the map, strictly, or does it also take into account the Collections? Because for some reason, while all the individual regions are at 100%, the overall percentage still shows 99% in the overview...

My save file shows the overall percentage is 100%, all individual regions are at 100%, but I have one of my artifact sets at 87%. Got the completionist trophy, but not the Dr. Croft trophy. Not sure exactly why this happened though.

Edit: Also wanted to point out that I'm sure I didn't do the challenge at the Croft Manor, and I think (not sure on this one) I didn't collect any artifacts there as well.

Edit 2: Just checked, and I can confirm that the Antique Knife and the Tumi Knife are not the same item, which means the Antique Knife must be somewhere else.

Edited by roxas21691

1 hour ago, CrimsonRose157 said:

If you didn't play the Deadly Obsession difficult. All progress in the game is auto-save, when you collect a new collectibles the game twill save for you. It's maybe not hard to tracking but how would you do if the game already overwriten save for you?

You can change the save file used in the menu apparently, similar to Rise

59 minutes ago, roxas21691 said:

Just checked, and I can confirm that the Antique Knife and the Tumi Knife are not the same item, which means the Antique Knife must be somewhere else.

Damn, thanks for confirming that, bloody Official guide missed that out then

I wonder if those items that are in LOCATION UNKNOWN actually count.towards map percentage though.....??

Is the flashback a LOCATION UNKNOWN?

@optimusmart but you know, for those who play early include me the glitch is already occur and can't redo the save file. How do we gonna know the glitch should be occur? The glitch should not be occur at the first, it's dev problem that they've to fix it soon. At least this problem is good for the new player who just start the game and they can proceed with caution.

Even you make sure everything is perfect, for this situation right now, I think anything can occur. You may check everything careful but in the end you can also ended up with 99.something%. For now, it's not only the artifacts, some they've complete all artifacts but can't get 100% when completed all the location.

11 minutes ago, CrimsonRose157 said:

@optimusmart but you know, for those who play early include me the glitch is already occur and can't redo the save file. How do we gonna know the glitch should be occur? The glitch should not be occur at the first, it's dev problem that they've to fix it soon. At least this problem is good for the new player who just start the game and they can proceed with caution.

Even you make sure everything is perfect, for this situation right now, I think anything can occur. You may check everything careful but in the end you can also ended up with 99.something%. For now, it's not only the artifacts, some they've complete all artifacts but can't get 100% when completed all the location.

I totally agree bud! 

Its a bad situation, but until the Devs do something or we let them know, we can only be cautious and hope that is enough

Ur position is unfortunate as will be many others as u guys didnt know beforehand

Ive gotta make a guide for the game so I wanna make sure what is going on thats all. 

EDIT:

just to say, the official guide isnt very good, every page is like a collage and they dont even have the collectibles in there own section

Its perhaps alright for a general player I guess, but not for a min/maxer

Edited by optimusmart

14 minutes ago, fLaRe_bLiTz_101 said:

Guys I found the antique knife! It’s part of the murder investigation side quest in the hidden city. It’s in a survival cache next to the house where the woman is cleaning the blood. I completed the quest already but came back and it was still there! Got the trophy when I picked it up.

Found it as well! Finally got the platinum :) Not sure about anyone else, but this side quest glitched for me, and I was able to complete it without doing anything, hence why I never collected the dagger.

17 minutes ago, fLaRe_bLiTz_101 said:

Guys I found the antique knife! It’s part of the murder investigation side quest in the hidden city. It’s in a survival cache next to the house where the woman is cleaning the blood. I completed the quest already but came back and it was still there! Got the trophy when I picked it up.

Great, does this item not show on the map then?

2 minutes ago, roxas21691 said:

Found it as well! Finally got the platinum :) Not sure about anyone else, but this side quest glitched for me, and I was able to complete it without doing anything, hence why I never collected the dagger.

To complete the SQ, you.need only 1 piece of evidence apparently, either a note or a knife

U can give the note, complete mission and never collect the knife

1 minute ago, optimusmart said:

Great, does this item not show on the map then?

To complete the SQ, you.need only 1 piece of evidence apparently, either a note or a knife

No, this item doesn't show on the map. Taking in consideration that there people missing other items, it's possible that there are collectables like the Antique Knife that don't show on the map.

There seems to be a bug that some artefacts you collect dont get added to the collection propperly. 

Had the problem with hankerchief and the sextant you find near the plane wreck.

With an older save I could solve this problem, but now I'm stuck with the ancient knife, the photo of Crimson Fire and Unuratu's Amulet who don't get added to my collection.

I already have the 100% trophy, but Dr. Croft is a real pain in the ass because of these glitches.

11 minutes ago, roxas21691 said:

No, this item doesn't show on the map. Taking in consideration that there people missing other items, it's possible that there are collectables like the Antique Knife that don't show on the map.

Yea, figured that, bit of an oversight by the devs

The note in that SQ may be similar, of u get the knife and not the note. Later on u.may be a note short

Some documents count as artefacts as well I.think, there is a artefact 'missionary work', that somebody is missing on PPyx comments, in the Official guide, that is a document

There are some collectibles that are in a LOCATION UNKNOWN ie no map, so they may not show either

7 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

There seems to be a bug that some artefacts you collect dont get added to the collection propperly. 

Had the problem with hankerchief and the sextant you find near the plane wreck.

With an older save I could solve this problem, but now I'm stuck with the ancient knife, the photo of Crimson Fire and Unuratu's Amulet who don't get added to my collection.

I already have the 100% trophy, but Dr. Croft is a real pain in the ass because of these glitches.

Ahh, so u couldnt collect it, but reloading a earlier save fixed the glitch...??

Reloading wont fix the.glitch for the other items then?

Edited by optimusmart

49 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Ahh, so u couldnt collect it, but reloading a earlier save fixed the glitch...??

Reloading wont fix the.glitch for the other items then?

I could collect them. I watched the item with the touchpad button after collecting them.

But they didn't show up in the collection afterwards. 

For the other items I could make any of my saves work yet. Still experimenting.

Edit: I'm somewhat sure by now, that the glitch is related to the ancient knife and the side quest where you get this artefact.

Evertime I tried it so far the collection stoped to work properly after I have done this side quest.

I'm going to grab my 90% save now, collect everything, replaying the end mission and keep the knife for the very last. Hopefully this works.

Edited by Couga83

1 hour ago, Couga83 said:

I could collect them. I watched the item with the touchpad button after collecting them.

But they didn't show up in the collection afterwards. 

For the other items I could make any of my saves work yet. Still experimenting.

Edit: I'm somewhat sure by now, that the glitch is related to the ancient knife and the side quest where you get this artefact.

Evertime I tried it so far the collection stoped to work properly after I have done this side quest.

I'm going to grab my 90% save now, collect everything, replaying the end mission and keep the knife for the very last. Hopefully this works.

Good thinking, I was going to suggest a few things but seems u know what ur doing. Keep us updated ;)

Anybody had items glitch before that SQ?

1 hour ago, Couga83 said:

Ok, that's obiously not it.

Even though I didn't do the side quest with the knife, the two objects from the end mission (Photo of Crimson Fire, Unuratu's Amulet) didn't get collected.

4 hours ago, fLaRe_bLiTz_101 said:

Apparently I had the Antique Knife (for those needing a reference, it's located under the Pantheon of Gods section); but neither the original location of it near the house, nor the survival cache which was apparently next to it, were marked (either as greyed-out, or at all).

4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Some documents count as artefacts as well I.think, there is a artefact 'missionary work', that somebody is missing on PPyx comments, in the Official guide, that is a document

That's actually me! I ended up "finding" it, or at least where that document is supposed to be; except I had already collected it (verified the location on my NG+ run), and it just never appeared in my collections. Somehow I'm still stuck at 99% overall progress on the overhead map, when I've already 100%ed all individual locations... unless there's something REALLY obscure and unmarked I'm missing, I'm kinda at my wit's end with this!

4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Would you happen to know where the note is, or what the name of the note is?

UPDATE: Apropos of... completely nothing? the Dr. Croft trophy suddenly popped for me while I was running around on my Deadly Obsession NG+ file. I don't think it particularly matters, but I was in the Mission of San Juan, in the town.

Edited by spncryn
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, spncryn said:

Would you happen to know where the note is, or what the name of the note is?

The 100% completion trophy refers to.map completion

Problem we have is not all artefacts are shown on the map. So they dont count towards the 100% completion, but do count toward all artefacts

This is what I have for that note, no idea if it counts or not;

HIDDEN CITY

SQ; WOLF AT THE DOOR - WIDOW'S TEARS

At the top of the long stone staircase that runs alongside the southern mountainside, turn right and follow the stone path and steps up to a crowd of unruly citizens. Speak to the Mission Giver to begin the quest.  

A man named Sumaq has been murdered in the nearby home, and his servant is being held accountable. You must investigate the evidence and decide if he is guilty or innocent. Note that this quest cannot be completed without the Serpent Guard outfit—you’re not allowed in the house with the Blue Heron Tunic.  

Complete the following steps to solve the case: 

1. Descend the steps right of the home and talk to the horn player so that he sounds the call of mourning.

2. Once the crowd disperses, enter the home and speak to the guard.

3. Return to the horn player and search next to a torch to the left to find a NOTE.

4. Now move back up the steps, past the entrance and climb up the stone wall on the right. Follow the stone path left of the hut ahead, and jump across the beams on the backside. Hop over to the craggy surface and ascend to the trail above.

5. Go right and stop before entering the home. Investigate the ground on the right to find the murder weapon. At the doorway, Lara talks to the female servant, Akna. This opens the gate ahead.

6. Return to Pakal to report your findings. The quest ends differently depending on the evidence collected. Hand over the NOTE, KNIFE, or BOTH Then speak to Taruca to complete the side mission.

Sorry m8, not sure how else to say, the note is found on step 3. See how bad the Official Guide is, it lists the ANTIQUE KNIFE found here as simply KNIFE or MURDER WEAPON lmfao! And doesnt acknowledge it as a collectible.anywhere

Keep us updated

Edited by optimusmart

1 hour ago, spncryn said:

Apropos of... completely nothing? the Dr. Croft trophy suddenly popped for me while I was running around on my Deadly Obsession NG+ file. I don't think it particularly matters, but I was in the Mission of San Juan, in the town.

So do artefacts carry over?

Some artefacts are found automatically during.story (LARAS NOTEBOOK). Maybe u reached the point where one triggered, the one u were missing that glitched in NG and it popped?

24 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

I'm at a point now where only the knife is missing for Dr. Croft.

But when I do the side quest it is not added to the collection again.

Man is this frustrating

I feel ur pain, such glitchy collectibles

Anynody know if Devs are aware?

EDIT

Also @Couga83, u said in a earlier post that the game didnt register the Crimson.fire and the amulet......how did u.get them to register?

EDIT 2;

Could it be memory leaks causing some to glitch, once a area has loaded and saved, thats it, random collectibles glitch.......

Edited by optimusmart

2 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

So do artefacts carry over?

They definitely don't formally carry over; that is, all of them are completely reset when you start a new game, NG+ or not. The weird part is that I wasn't even doing anything, just running around kinda aimlessly looking for bugs to pick up for Zoologist, and it randomly popped. I found a post on TrueAchievements (so, Xbox) where some guy apparently experienced the exact same thing I did, so I think it has to do with really inconsistent timing in the game itself...

I'm gonna load into my other save file in a bit and see if the 100% also completed. 

As for whether the devs are aware, I'm not sure, I can't find anywhere to contact them about it... according to this, though, there is some level of wider awareness about it -- although there's absolutely nothing actually sourced in this article. That being said, the game has only been out officially for a day; so I'm sure as more people begin to complete the game, there'll be more posts flooding in, and at some point, Square Enix will pretty much have to address it (which I'm sure they will, give how they handled the previous game, which suffered from the same glitch). I imagine it'll just take some time, though...

19 minutes ago, spncryn said:

They definitely don't formally carry over; that is, all of them are completely reset when you start a new game, NG+ or not. The weird part is that I wasn't even doing anything, just running around kinda aimlessly looking for bugs to pick up for Zoologist, and it randomly popped. I found a post on TrueAchievements (so, Xbox) where some guy apparently experienced the exact same thing I did, so I think it has to do with really inconsistent timing in the game itself...

I'm gonna load into my other save file in a bit and see if the 100% also completed. 

As for whether the devs are aware, I'm not sure, I can't find anywhere to contact them about it... according to this, though, there is some level of wider awareness about it -- although there's absolutely nothing actually sourced in this article. That being said, the game has only been out officially for a day; so I'm sure as more people begin to complete the game, there'll be more posts flooding in, and at some point, Square Enix will pretty much have to address it (which I'm sure they will, give how they handled the previous game, which suffered from the same glitch). I imagine it'll just take some time, though...

Oh yea, wtf, can a memory leak cause this, picking up collectibles when memory is.leaking.causing them to.lag?

Basically, u collected all artifacts,.bit.it.took.the game hours to.catch on.right?? So solution is to just collect everything, and leave game on.until trophy pops right if one glitches?

I know, bloody stupid

Did u read this:

Mines been slowly going up from 91%, on 97% now. I’ve not done anything to make it do this either (talking about achievement %) But I think it’s something to do with the stuff you found after the finishing the final mission. Will check again tonight to see if it’s still bugged.

LMFAO ;)

Edited by optimusmart

I could definitely see a memory leak existing, it seems like the longer I play, the worse the game runs. (PS4 Pro framerate mode)

I'm only at 70% but I'll keep all this stuff in mind when I get near the end.

- Did the Invasive Species quest, I have no idea if I got the hidden relic from there. I'll go grab it if I can still get back there.

- Haven't done the Murder Investigation so I'll save that for the very end just incase it bugs something.

- Got every challenge and relic in Croat Manor.

- If I don't get Dr Croft, leave the game on for a few hours or leave NG+ on for a few hours to see if it pops.

So it seems like there's a good plan at the moment, thanks for all the testing everybody.