Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

I've finally just unlocked Dr Croft after completing my 9th set on NG+ (I had 9 sets glitch on my previous playthrough & not complete).

Now to finish Deadly Obsession for that trophy & as I've collected & completed everything so far, cross my fingers I have some luck there too.

I'm convinced that's it San Juan where everything starts to go wrong (apart from some story ones, almost all the items that glitched on my last playthrough are from there) so I've made & am making multiple save backups to test & play around with once I get there.

I'm half tempted to try a save where I don't collect anything in San Juan until after I complete the story in the hopes that gets Crimson Fire & Unuratu's Amulet to register this time.

Edited by Rattamauled

Just out of curiosity did people experiencing the glitch play on digital and physical version of the game?

Two friends and myself played the digital version and didn't experience the glitch. 

Would be good to know if this has anything to do with it. 

Never experienced the glitch on Rise of the Tomb Raider either and i was playing digital back then aswell.

Just now, Quink666 said:

Just out of curiosity did people experiencing the glitch play on digital and physical version of the game?

Two friends and myself played the digital version and didn't experience the glitch. 

Never experienced the glitch on Rise of the Tomb Raider either and i was playing digital back then aswell.

I played Physical on Rise, played it from release date, had no issues.

I'm playing physical on Shadow aswell. I've got the Croft Edition which I've been playing since the early access date on the 12th September. Both Dr Croft & Completionist glitched on me.

Just now, Rattamauled said:

I played Physical on Rise, played it from release date, had no issues.

I'm playing physical on Shadow aswell. I've got the Croft Edition which I've been playing since the early access date on the 12th September. Both Dr Croft & Completionist glitched on me.

ok so that 1 physical that gitched concerning Shadow. i'll asume you played on the latest version aswell?

1 hour ago, jessegarrett1983 said:

For the people that have popped the plat, did it glitch on you the first time and not the second? Did you try anything unique after a glitch. Has anyone tried to uninstall and play without the patch? This driving me nuts. I'm so close to the plat and this damn trophy is holding me back. I love the Croft games, but this is sorrowing me on the experience.

I've tried uninstalling, and all that good stuff and it didn't do anything. On my second run I played with the boarder on that tracks everything at the bottom of the screen. As i played through I made sure to 100% an area before moving on. Everything was going fine until I got to san juan, and when I only had maybe 20 collectables to go, it stopped registering them. I even loaded up a save from about 30 minutes before it stopped keeping track, hoping that would work, but nope! It won't register anything I pick up. I just put that save on a flash drive, and hopefully I can return to it one day after a patch. If there ever is one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I played the digital release of both Shadow and Rise and collectibles were fine on both

So I just completed the game to 100% today with no problems whatsoever. Both trophies popped for me when they should and I had an entire artifact collection filled and completed before finishing the game, and I also have the world map at 100%. Good Samaritan trophy for completing 8 side missions though popped for me after completing all the side missions not just after 8 for some reason, but I'm glad it popped, I thought it glitched.

I played on the Physical version updated to 1.03.

47 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I have the digital Croft Edition and the Dr. Croft trophy glitched on my first session. Finished it on my second. Not sure why there should be a difference between the two versions though, they should be identical. Only difference that could make a difference is the actual game version.

Edited by Durandal

I've had a breakthrough of sorts with Completionist not working or counting although it's not a fix, it's a better understanding of the glitch occurring.

It's NOT the collectables themselves causing the problem, it's the actual in-game tracker/accumulater that's broken.

My counter is currently at 319 & won't go any higher. I've tried collecting 8 different collectables and it's the same result every single time.

I don't think the problem even lies with San Juan itself, that's just where most of us end up being when getting the last of our collectables.

I've seen a few other people saying their collectables stopped counting when they had 20 or so left which ties in directly with where mine has glitched.

I've got a couple more things I want to try before I write it off, I'll post back with an update if I have any success.

-Edit-

So far I've discovered that contrary to what I said earlier, it may tie in to specific collectable TYPES. I've just tried reading a mural & had that count. Going to try with Crypts, Tombs & Relics & I'll report back.

-Second Edit-

Tomb Rewards, Crypts, Murals & Caches all count & increase for me. It is literally only Relics and paper documents that don't.

The other thing I've realised is these problems only started after my in-game timer hit 15 hours, before that I had no issues at all. Maybe a coincidence, I don't know. I'm going for 100% on Deadly Obsession atm so unfortunately this is the fastest I've been able to get to this point & I don't have a save old enough to test otherwise.

-Edit 3-

At this point, side quest rewards aren't counting either (I just handed in Star Crossed but it didn't add the Skull Manu gives you as a reward to any of my logs). With this in mind, I imagine this also means Path of the Stars & Lara's Notebook won't increase any further for me.

-Edit 4-

I've also just noticed that the game has been playing me for a while. Although every single mural I've picked up has counted, I have at least 2 missing from my artifact log. Both Thirsty Gods & Tree of Life have failed to register. Because I was so focused on watching the counter on the frame & assuming if that increased they counted, it never occurred to me that they might not be registering in my log.

The biggest takeaway I've gotten from this is even if they appear to be accumulating properly, the game could still be screwing you behind the scenes.

My only saving grace is I have a backup save on my memory stick at the first campsite at Porvenir Oil Fields before anything glitched so if they do patch it, I can at least revert to that.

-Final Edit-

I've tried reverting to an unmatched version of the game to test the theories that the patches broke things. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, it made no difference. I tried a number of my remaining collectables & none of them counted in my log or increased my accumulator.

What a farce.

I'm going to go ahead & finish this Deadly Obsession run to get that trophy & then take a couple days off this damn game. After that, I'll try a brand new fresh save on an unpatched version of the game & speedrun the 100% on the easiest difficulty to see if that gets me anywhere.

Edited by Rattamauled
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jessegarrett1983 said:

For the people that have popped the plat, did it glitch on you the first time and not the second? Did you try anything unique after a glitch. Has anyone tried to uninstall and play without the patch? This driving me nuts. I'm so close to the plat and this damn trophy is holding me back. I love the Croft games, but this is sorrowing me on the experience.

A guy on a Pro had no glitches, any other Pro plays that can share (Pro can handle it better preventing memory leaks)??

The fact it occurs near the end of the game could be more evidence of a memory leak (being near the end or cleaning up may mean you played for a few hours without turning off/on system. or that area may be more power consuming than others)

PC players have reported bad memory leaks, It looks like that to me due to how random the bugs are and that everything seems to be getting affected, Honestly, I dont think anyone will work it out for 100%, best to just wait for a patch, they know apparently so its being worked on

Edited by optimusmart

44 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

A guy on a Pro had no glitches, any other Pro plays that can share (Pro can handle it better preventing memory leaks)??

The fact it occurs near the end of the game could be more evidence of a memory leak (being near the end or cleaning up may mean you played for a few hours without turning off/on system. or that area may be more power consuming than others)

PC players have reported bad memory leaks, It looks like that to me due to how random the bugs are and that everything seems to be getting affected, Honestly, I dont think anyone will work it out for 100%, best to just wait for a patch, they know apparently so its being worked on

Some people have already Platinumed it...

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

i own physical and it glitched NA, but i know a mate UK with physical and it was fine for them. he is picky and had all areas 100% before going to the next, so maybe that hteory i've read about having it all done before the final mission holds true.  not sure though, and don't want to try it for fear of another glitch.  he DOES use a ps pro , as well.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

2 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I was playing this game on Ps4 Pro and 2 artifacts set glichted on me. But only the 2 unmissables lasts one in the final mission 

So after my first playthrough where I had 2 glitched relics and the finely crafted knife never was added to my inventory thus causing That's a Knife to glitch.  I also could not get Turkey's to spawn no matter how many times I tried in San Juan.  I worked at them for an hour fast traveling around, farming for cash so I could buy stuff, come back, still no turkey.  Reset game, bounced around, no turkey.  This also meant I could not get the Thanksgiving trophy now.

I started NG+ on DO two nights ago.  My original completion said 99.78% with all but 2 relics, even though all maps and icons show 100% completion.  I had 1 relic from each of two different categories missing; Inside Out, and Rebellion of Paititi.  On my first playthrough, I did not get all flashback relics or the challenge with the targets, yet I had 100% in the relic menu under the flashback section.  I am convinced unless it's another glitch, the flashback trophies and challenges don't count for anything.

After restarting NG+:

- First I confirmed whether grabbing the two glitched relics would pop the 100% trophy or Dr Croft trophy.  It did not. 

- Second, I completed the knife quest again, and this time, as soon as we escaped the prison and he hands you the knife, the trophy popped.

- Next, the second I got to the bridge in San Juan, I could hear the turkeys for the first time. Shot one with a flare, and instantly, turkey trophy popped.

- Finally, Dr Croft trophy popped when I completed two relic sets in the NG+.  This matches me missing two relic sets in the first playthrough.  The odd thing is that neither of these sets matched the glitched two relic sets in the first playthrough.  The trophy for Dr Croft popped exactly when I got the final item in the second set.  I still have not fully completed Inside Out or Rebellion of Paititi between the two games.

Another odd thing I have noticed happening is when I tend to play the game for more than an hour or two, the AI starts acting funny.  I've had random animals get stuck running in place (like wolves or jaguars).  I was fighting cultists in one section, shot one with an arrow and he proceeded to completely ignore me and start firing his own bow in the target on the wall over and over very quickly.  I shot him again, he made the "i'm shot" sound, but continued to fill the target with arrows.  I had to stealth kill him from behind for it to get rid of him.  I was unable to grapple on to a single climbable rock wall in well over 20 minutes of attempts last night.  It's the wall by the pond just southeast of where the bow and jaguar quest is.  It reminded me of the RotTR where you could add cards to force you to hold square to hang on to the wall.  Yet, holding square did nothing here.  I closed the game completely, and got it the first try after restarting.  It was almost as if the game glitched my ability to climb only that wall .... odd. 

Over the next few days, I'll finish up DO mode in short playing sessions, closing the game each time, and try to get all 100% to see what happens.  DO, 100%, and a couple combat trophies are all I need for platinum now.  I'll go back for those under another NG+ in easy mode once I can get 100% ... if not, I'll take a break for a while from the stress of this all.

I am playing on the digital version which was v1.03 my first time playing it and still is as of writing this post.

After sleeping on it, I've changed my mind. I'm not going to run the game again.

I'm going to revert to my earlier save at Porvenir Oil Fields where nothing has glitched on that. I'll then finish that, go straight to San Juan Missionary & collect nothing, I'll just finish the story & get my Deadly Obsession trophy.

Hopefully that should also finish off Lara's Notebook, The Path of the Stars & both Crimson Fire & Unuratu's Amulet will register as my collectables won't be at the number threshold were the glitches start to occur.

After that, everywhere will be 100% apart from San Juan Missionary & the last side quest to get the Champion's Bow in the Hidden City. I will then leave my save exactly like that until hopefully they patch it & if they do, it should be a quick & easy clean-up to finish it.

Edited by Rattamauled

2 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

MAYBE i think the glitch appear for people with the game with a file size on HDD sign 48GB, my game sign 39GB and no bug/glitch at all. Repeat maybe, 3 my friend have game with 48GB my game is 39GB on HDD. 

I doubt that has anything to do with it. My game is 37gb. This whole thing is probably just being over thought. It’s clearly just a glitch, that they will hopefully fix. Not sure just one thing is triggering it, or what version/PS4 you’re playing on. People on Xbox are having the issue as well. Just a glitchy game being glitchy. all the tomb raider team can do is share screen shots, and not acknowledge the issues. According to someone on YouTube, square asked them to send their save file in, and they are working on it. 

Currently started playing the game and so far I am not able to loot one survival cache. Just doesnt appear one the map? Glitched/bugged Idk as I dont have the monolith next to it.

Question though if something glitches out do all your collectables transfer over to newgame+ or do I have to collect everything from 0 again and hope for a non glitched run?

11 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Completionist popped for me but Dr. Croft didn't. Map is at 100%. Lara's Notebook is at 90% where I'm assuming The Crimson Fire should be...the only artifact in the game I don't have. <_< If I'm not mistaken it should be story related and just given to you no? 

Yes it is given. I think according to others, you should Dr Croft on your NG+ run after completing 1 set

10 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yes it is given. I think according to others, you should Dr Croft on your NG+ run after completing 1 set

Hope so because NG+ is going to be Deadly Obsession lol. 

Finding it quite annoying that I can't pop Thanksgiving either. I've shot 5 turkeys with a flare and nothing.

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Hope so because NG+ is going to be Deadly Obsession lol. 

Finding it quite annoying that I can't pop Thanksgiving either. I've shot 5 turkeys with a flare and nothing.

I got Dr. Croft trophy but not %100.My friend told me that there is a letter in San Juan Library that you can take it again and again and its invisible.Can you check it if its same in your game ? I would really apreciate.