EA stop making games for Wii U

Memnoch

This means the Wii U must've failed even more than expected, as EA will milk pretty much anything ...

Despite this early commitment, EA will not be producing Wii U versions of its big gaming franchises, which include Battlefield 4, Madden and Fifa.

This stands in contrast to the releases EA prepared for the Wii console, many of which were produced long after launch. However, EA said it would not rule out working on a Wii U game in the future.

Report here :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22565945

Edited by Memnoch

Spotted this earlier, this has got to be a massive blow for Nintendo and doesn't bode well for the Wii U.

This line is the most telling for me:

Since launch, Nintendo expected to sell about 4 million consoles. Instead it sold only about 3.45 million.

In the 1st 6 months the Wii sold roughly nearly 6 million consoles, I know the Wii was a worldwide phenomenon but still that's quite a difference

Edited by Greenguy81

In the 1st 6 months the Wii sold roughly nearly 6 million consoles, I know the Wii was a worldwide phenomenon but still that's quite a difference

The Wii was a phenomenon but its sales didnt really take off until the winter of 2007. it sold more units for the winter holiday season that year then it had in the 6 months from its launch in late 2006.

The Wii U has sold as many in 6 months as the not well received Wii did in its first 3. Everyone complained about how little a step forward the Wii was, until granny started buying one for the grand kids AND one for herself...

But things do look very fecking gloomy for Wii U if EA are pulling the plug on it and bear in mind that EA still make games for PS2 and Wii (FIFA13 was released for both machines)

According to Amazon uk FIFA 13 on Wii is currently their 122nd top selling PC/Video game

X360 version is 3 in the sales charts

PS3 version is 15

PS Vita version is 728

PC version is 755

PSP version is 864

PS2 version is 1021

Wii U version is 1968 in the charts.

I am beginning to see why EA has dropped this console....

Edited by Nasty_Rory

Didn't EA wanted Origin on the Wii U and Nintendo said no to them? Cause I find it odd that even a madden game or fifa (which aren't that much of high quality yearly game) won't be coming out. Not that I care about them, just the whole thing is very strange.

I'm happy EA Finally did right move because why support so bad console I don't mean popularity I mean it's 7 years late & half of PS3's/X360's specs & Everything else is worse too why support console that will be flop anyway

• Like 1

The last thing I bought a Wii U for was to play anything EA related. It doesn't sound great this early but i'm sure this isn't the beginning of the end or anything.

A price cut, and some more first party stuff would obviously help the situation.

Simple if an console isn't driving enough people to buy their system and the software that goes along with it than 3rd party support for it is weak. Ignoring the EA name I am going to say this, it's just the Wii U isn't any good at all and Nintendo needs all the 3rd party support it can muster. An good console must have the two main following to survive period:

a) A strong first party support- It can range from 2-3 titles but the more the better.

B) A strong 3rd party support- Outside your first party you must show why your console is superior in every other way. 

The problem is B with the Wii U, just not enough 3rd party devs wanting to make games for it. You need that 3rd party support to get more gamers onboard with your 1st party support.  Your going to see less and less 3rd party which will hurt Nintendo this time and in time if they keep this up might as well go handheld which Nintendo 3rd party is good at that.