Ouya E3 Booth in Parking Lot Outside Convention

Aranea Highwind

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/19/ouya-booth-at-e3-will-be-open-to-the-public

Ouya’s Kellee Santiago has revealed new details about the console’s presence at E3. The Ouya booth will be in “a parking lot directly across from the Convention Center's South Hall (address is 601 W. Pico Blvd.)” from June 11th through 13th and will be “100 percent open to the public -- no credentials required! Invite friends, family -- hell, invite anyone 'cuz they're all welcome!”

According to Santiago, developers will be provided “the resources necessary to allow you to showcase your amazing work” in the booth, including an Ouya console, controllers and a TV. The demos will be on hand for “media, E3 attendees and random people on the street who want to see what all the buzz is about.”

Developers will have until May 28th to register to show off their Ouya games at the booth, and “details will evolve in real time over the next couple weeks.”

Ouya will hit retail stores on June 25th.

• Like 1

They need to be at E3 despite my personal views it's an glorified video game journalist festival. They need the buzz from E3.  Outside the E3 is an concern for me. Journalist are going to pass it and only going inside to see what's there. So hopefully they get an booth otherwise the Ouya is going to be starting off very rocky.

I'm still having trouble understanding who the target demographic is on this 'console' - so many competing offers, even TV's aren't that far off having the same functionality, if they do succed, it does look like a Wii success (ie one-off)

Edited by Memnoch

Still curious to see what it will be able to do. A cross between a gameconsole and a mediaplayer/streamer could be quite succesfull. If it's indeed something like that and supports all common types of files (.MKV, DVD5, .AVi, ...) with a big enough hard drive for storage of games I'd buy it!