Are Legendary animals missable if I didn't study them?

iGGTheEnd

In an LS missions there was a Legendary Cougar that I ended up killing but I didn't study it,  I skinned it doesn't show up at all in my compendium that I can see, I figured it would show up as skinned but not researched.  Do I have to research before it shows up in compendium? And since I killed it and it says one of a kind am I shit out of luck and have to start a whole new game to get this trophy?  Other Legendary animals show up in my compendium I am not sure why this one didn't.

I was going to bring this up a few days ago, but after playing for an hr, I hot sidetracked and may be a while now before I return to it

Some animals are a one time appearance, the official guide even says so.

If they ARE all needed for the trophy then yea, u are out of luck. Dont the TGs mention this on the net??

I've got the different issue.

I've tracked and killed a legendary fox, got a confirmation on the map (fox is crossed out), BUT my compendium say I killed 0. 

So, there goes my 100%. I will not do a redo from the scratch because of the 8th level of gambler challange I've just did after few hours of clicking x.

(SHIIT! I tried so hard to get everything missable on time and not getting any spoilers! FFS :(((()

Only check mark is the tail option and in order to kill the legendary animals you always have to tail them anyways.

You also don't have to bring it to the trapper, I always leave the pelt besides the cadaver and the game tells you after a while that you lost your pelt but the trapper has recovered it.

Edited by KingTom95