Any advice for Grin and Bear It?

sepheroithisgod

It's quite easy despite the description this trophy gives. Just find Grizzly Bears as the American Black Bears tend to run away instead of fighting you. And allow the bear to attack you and it'll put you in a sequence to spam the circle button to break free, and Arthur will stab the bear in the chest a few times and push himself away from it allowing for you to shoot the bear with your pistol whilst still on the ground. Doing so will net you a the kill whilst also surviving the bear attack. Just make sure you don't stuff up or else you will be dead, the bears drain your health to almost death anyways. You'll learn how to do this if you had the legendary Bharati bear attack you close up during Hosea's first hunting mission. The same sequence works for all bears. Just do it, heal up, find another bear and rinse and repeat until you pop the trophy. 

Edited by Omirid
  • Like 2

I did it in 4 hours and seemed to find out how to ''spawn'' them at the last 4. did the last 4 in 15 min.
Theres a big spawn place for bears north-west of Wallace Station (west of valentine). For the first 14 bears i wandered there and kept following the sounds of bear roars. But most of the time i heared a roar but no bear. But they did spawn there quite often and I got 14 in 3.75 hours. The last 4 i used the camp outside of the spawning area to sleep in to let the bear spawn in. then go to it, let it attack me, spam circle, 1 hit shotgun it as usual and set up a camp again. 4/5 times of sleeping, a bear spawned in for me. I'm not sure about the sleeping tactic but I'm quite sure north-west of Wallace station is the best place.

23 minutes ago, Mikersen said:

I did it in 4 hours and seemed to find out how to ''spawn'' them at the last 4. did the last 4 in 15 min.
Theres a big spawn place for bears north-west of Wallace Station (west of valentine). For the first 14 bears i wandered there and kept following the sounds of bear roars. But most of the time i heared a roar but no bear. But they did spawn there quite often and I got 14 in 3.75 hours. The last 4 i used the camp outside of the spawning area to sleep in to let the bear spawn in. then go to it, let it attack me, spam circle, 1 hit shotgun it as usual and set up a camp again. 4/5 times of sleeping, a bear spawned in for me. I'm not sure about the sleeping tactic but I'm quite sure north-west of Wallace station is the best place.

Wouldn't be able to mark the location on the map? I've only found 2 in 8 hrs of searching yesterday using the trueacievments method.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/108179/where-to-find-grizzly-bears-and-american-black-bears-in-red-dead-redemption-2

Looked up where to find bears and found this site. Its the first picture that shows the bear on the map near Wallace station.

Also on this link: https://imgur.com/a/QIX2uQQ

You'll see at the B of Bear that that place has the most red dots. Found that after i got the trophy but sort of strengthens my opinion on that being the best spot. The one near Manzanita post i couldn't find a single bear there though.
You'll also see the spawn is vertical so dont go to wide from the bear on the map or else you'll run out of its spawning location.

Edited by Mikersen

15 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

11/18 done after 3h.. Slowly getting a hang of it

Edit: 13 now

I've had the god dmn bear run away from me like 10x times after shooting it once fml

Dont shoot it? I just let it grab me, spam circle, 1 hit shotgun him after i escape.

14 minutes ago, Mikersen said:

Dont shoot it? I just let it grab me, spam circle, 1 hit shotgun him after i escape.

15/18 now

Ok thanks, just tried and works without weakening it (3-4 rifle shots) also reminder, you need 100% HP for bear to grab you. I fell off the horse and wasn't 100 anymore so the bear came up and slapped me once to death

Edit: Lol, first time this happened to me. The bear knocked me over into the brawl scene and I died after the first bite... damn bugs won't let me finish

Edited by Erkawest

Just now, Erkawest said:

also reminder, you need 100% HP for bear to grab you. I fell off the horse and wasn't 100 anymore so the bear came up and slapped me once to death

Everytime it was not a grizzly bear but a black american bear it one hit me with a slap. I think thats the problem.

I found a fast and effective method for this trophy. Go to the bear on the map right next to Wallace Station (near Valentine) and it'll be exactly there. Kill it then set up camp away from where it spawns (not too close not too far). After that you'll want to sleep 2-3 times and the bear will respawn at the same exact location. Once you kill it again you won't be able to sleep since you just did 3 days straight. Save your game then load it and you will be able to sleep again. Rinse and repeat until the trophy is yours. Should only take about 1 hour this way and I also noticed that sometimes 2 bears will spawn.

Edit: Just got 3 bears to spawn in the same area.

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
54 minutes ago, batman252387 said:

I killed 18 bears but the trophy didn’t pop, is there any solution to this. I did kill it in the struggle position 

My advice would be to grin and bear it and go for 19, 20 and so on until it pops. There always a chance not every kill got registered or the can ofc be human error aswell. 

Edited by Quink666