Beware unobtainable Platinum!

TheDragon70

I sent an email to the devs about these trophies about a week ago. They said:

"...thanks for the issues you very clearly detailed out you’re having to deal with.  (Our apologies).  We’re aware of them and we have reached out to Soedesco to get a patch created.   I’m forwarding this mail as another reminder this stuff needs to get fixed.   As soon as a patch is forthcoming we’ll announce it on our various social media sites…"

Not sure if that is promising or if they are running into roadblocks with the publisher. Maybe a patch will be released when they start releasing hordes/invaders for console?

I just got this answer from the developers:

“Thank you for your email.  We have learned of this from several other people as well and are working with the publisher to get a patch out which addresses the Achievement issues.  As soon as something is ready we’ll let everyone know.”

Yeah, hope the patch comes out soon.

• 2 months later...

I also sent them an e-mail the other week:

"We have discussed with Soedesco and they will be issuing a patch.  As soon as we get more information from them regarding the timing of the patch we'll definitely make it available to everyone via social media.  Sorry for this issue."

Hopefully this means the fix is coming within the near future. I want to buy the other games in the series as well but definitely won't unless they fix this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that 8-bit Hordes also have a "defeat insane AI" trophy Soedesco would have to be really ignorant to release that game in a broken state as well. We'll see tomorrow when it launches. Hopefully they figured it out and fixed it in that one and will issue a patch for Armies as soon as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

So I mailed the developer to get an update about this. The reply is as follow:

We have discussed with Soedesco and they are in the middle of the patch process right now.   I’ll get an update from them on an ETA for that patch shortly and share it as soon as we have something that is confirmed.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2019 at 6:18 AM, NekoRave said:

Any update?

I got this on 2019-03-05:

"They are currently in progress with the patch and should have a release date soon.  I'm trying to get a latest ETA for release and we'll spread it as soon as it's confirmed through Sony QA."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey friends,

i got directly Feedback from developer that the patch is approved now. That means it should Come soon online.

Does you guys also Play 8 bit invaders? I will open a thread in that. i start working now on platinum is the patch for insane difficulty is coming.

Please check also my question for 8 bit invaders, because this is for me starting make me angry and maybe i will cancel paltinum Project cause of this.

Let me know please thanks

• Like 2

Patch is now live and can confirm that it seems to have fixed most trophies (haven't tried them all yet). One thing to note, they didn't actually add an insane difficulty or an 8 player map. They just changed the requirements for those trophies to two hard opponents and 5 hard opponents. Still need help with the mp trophies, will create a group for it.

Edited by X-x-TheMayor-x-X
  • Like 1

They patched every 8 bit building game, first i also were able to confirm. I let you guys check now on 8 bit armies, cause on 8 bit invaders there are still trophys not coming .. ->

Wanted make the Trophy all i need:

As Marines or Cranioids win a skirmish on hard without building more than one harvester

I did - no Trophy blobbed. Really it is a shame with that games

Just for your information. Yes it is here for armies, but i also worry now for every game spending time for nothing..

• 8 months later...