3DS or Vita.

Solidcure

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I was wondering what you recommend . I love getting trophies and would love to order some rare rpgs on amazon for the vita. However I also love nintendo games. Harvest moon, and nintendos own rpgs. 3DS is also less money which is always better. Thoughts?

Ps Vita : 

I have had the vita since launch and only touched it a couple of times 

saying that it does have some very good games 

like persona 4 golden , you can also play online with your account and earn trophies 

the tech is new and sony is trying very hard to support it 

the vita hasn't took off yet 

saying that they're really pushing the vita with the ps4 and 

it's just been confirmed by sony that 90% of ps4 games will be playable with the vita 

3ds : 

Dated tech 

saying that they're are so many good games for the system 

and there's a bunch more coming ! 

Conclusion : 

Ps vita ! 

• Like 1

At the moment 3DS. Vita has been a poor choice this 2012/2013. The thing that destroy the Vita is the fact that the best games for the system are Japanese only. If anyone say the vita isn't a powerhouse they are clearly lying but this handheld race was won long ago sadly. 

Owning both a Vita and a 3DS, I vote for the Vita. 

I don't like the 3DS. I only played Ocarina of time on it and that's enough. The 3D is not all that great, it gives you a headache after around 30 minutes, and the top screen is bigger than the bottom screen so the top screen gets dirty around the parts where the bottom screen ends (the original 3DS). Also when I went on a trip to europe last year, I purchased a 3DS game only to find out the 3DS is region locked. It is also backwards compatible with original DS games but they are shrunk down so not the whole screen is being covered. Only a little square of the screen is being used, which I find very annoying

The vita is much better. It has good graphics, better online, trophies<3, cross game voice chat, and apps such as skype etc. 

I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy, I rarely use the vita and 3DS, but if I had to chose I would go with the vita.

• Like 1

I have both 3DS and PSVita. I mainly use the 3DS for only pokemon and LoZ game and the Vita for trophy games.

This exactly.

I've bought every  nintendo handheld console since the orginal gameboy mainly because of this 2 franchises.

Vita is also good for playing some nostalgic PS1 classics.

PSVita is more or less a mini PS3 with some cool features (probs unlikely you'll use them if you have a iPad or something)

If you're buying just to play games I'd go with the 3DS(XL) as it has much more quality exclusive games, a lot of them being more suited to a handheld imo.

Owning both since launch, my vote goes to the PlayStation Vita. The 3DS may technically have more games but in my opinion the Vita has more games actually worth playing. The Vita is more comfortable to hold, has a better battery life (unless you turn the 3D off on the 3DS, than it has slightly better life) has a much better screen, the touch controls seem more accurate and the buttons and D-pad feel much better as well. If you're a PlayStation Plus member you also get a ton of great Vita games for free so it actually may be cheaper to get the Vita in the long run. If you plan on getting a PlayStation 4 the Vita also seems like it will get a lot of cool features with that system too.

I do wish the Vita had some more games coming on the horizon, but as of now I still think it has the superior library of good games.

Parker

If you want this :

babyz-ds.jpg?t=1262925199

Go for DS

If you want this

Uncharted_GA_002.jpg

Go for vita

I have to agree. The 3DS has lots of games, but from what I have played of them, most are utter garbage - just fired out to fill space on a shelf.

On the other hand the Vita the games - even the poor ones - look much better and the control for just about everything is much more precise.

3 weeks ago my niece (aged 8 & 5/6s apparently :D ) was playing ome one of those huge selling dog games on her 3DS and we had a conversation about games. After she heard of my Vita she spend 2 hours playing Farming Sim (she was utterly in love with it "oh my god its like you are really in the game...". Her father told her it was time for bed and she said "Can I have one of these for my birthday Daddy?" He said "You have the 3DS", she responded with

"Yes Daddy, but thats a kids toy and I am not going to be a kid any more..."

Whilst I was sorry to hear a child say that she wasnt going to be a kid any more, I could understand the reasoning behind it - leaving behind the cute coloured 3DS of childhood for the more grown up sleek black Vita.

On the other side of that coin I wondered why at 40 I owned a Vita.... but that was soon resolved when I had to chase her father off the Vita after over another 90 mins on Farming Sim!

He is 6 years older than I am :D

So the moral of the story - 3DS is for kids, Vita is for grown ups - according to my niece (who would be 8 and 11/12s now ;) )

• Like 2

I have to agree. The 3DS has lots of games, but from what I have played of them, most are utter garbage - just fired out to fill space on a shelf.

On the other hand the Vita the games - even the poor ones - look much better and the control for just about everything is much more precise.

3 weeks ago my niece (aged 8 & 5/6s apparently :D ) was playing ome one of those huge selling dog games on her 3DS and we had a conversation about games. After she heard of my Vita she spend 2 hours playing Farming Sim (she was utterly in love with it "oh my god its like you are really in the game...". Her father told her it was time for bed and she said "Can I have one of these for my birthday Daddy?" He said "You have the 3DS", she responded with

"Yes Daddy, but thats a kids toy and I am not going to be a kid any more..."

Whilst I was sorry to hear a child say that she wasnt going to be a kid any more, I could understand the reasoning behind it - leaving behind the cute coloured 3DS of childhood for the more grown up sleek black Vita.

On the other side of that coin I wondered why at 40 I owned a Vita.... but that was soon resolved when I had to chase her father off the Vita after over another 90 mins on Farming Sim!

He is 6 years older than I am :D

So the moral of the story - 3DS is for kids, Vita is for grown ups - according to my niece (who would be 8 and 11/12s now ;) )

LOL that story was funny :lol:

I may get one for just the PS1 game alone :holy:

Recommendation: Decide for yourself  opieop.png

He is, he's just asking opinions to make a better informed decision. I'd much rather ask someone who actually owns and uses a product about it over just looking at it on the internet.

Parker

He is, he's just asking opinions to make a better informed decision. I'd much rather ask someone who actually owns and uses a product about it over just looking at it on the internet.

Parker

Agree 100%

I have a 3DS XL (haven't played it in a long time)

But that will change soon (Animal Crossing:New Leaf on June 9 :awesome:  )

I also have a 3DS XL.

I only ever play handheld systems in the evening / just before bed and I personally feel the 3DS has better games for playing for a little bit (such as Pokemon, Animal Crossing).

I'm glad I went for the 3DS. I am interested in a Vita but just don't think I will use it much.

At the end of the day, it is your choice :)