Is World of Warcraft still worth playing?

5 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

Ps+ and xbox live say hi

yeah no, you don't need to pay to play the game with ps+ and live

WoW, you need to buy the game then are required to pay a monthly sub, that isn't the same case with + and live

Edited by Exairesi

9 minutes ago, Exairesi said:

yeah no, you don't need to pay to play the game with ps+ and live

WoW, you need to buy the game then are required to pay a monthly sub, that isn't the same case with + and live

Are you sure? Last time i checked i can not play my multiplayer games without those subscriptions. 

Gottem

1 minute ago, SanhRim said:

Are you sure? Last time i checked i can not play my multiplayer games without those subscriptions. 

Gottem

not on ps3?

And even on ps4, that is one sub for every game, rather than one sub for just one game.

29 minutes ago, Kevitz said:

Paying monthly to play a game seems outdated, don't you think?

Whether or not you think the idea is outdated, it all comes down to cost to value ratio.  If you think that the game has enough content and entertainment to be worth the cost, then of course it is worth it, but nobody other than you can answer that.

22 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Whether or not you think the idea is outdated, it all comes down to cost to value ratio.  If you think that the game has enough content and entertainment to be worth the cost, then of course it is worth it, but nobody other than you can answer that.

Gotta love a good answer.

2 hours ago, Kevitz said:

Honestly it depends on what you're looking for. In the case of WoW you get a steady stream of quality content but you have to pay a monthly fee. They use the sub money to keep making more content. For WoW, the last expansion came out in August with a whole new continent, a bunch of dungeons, a raid, and some other cool features like island expeditions and warfronts. Even though it's only been 4 months the next update is coming out which adds a bunch more content as well as a new raid coming out next month. They even have the update after this one already planned and probably is coming in another 5 to 6 months. 

Now you could play a F2P MMO instead but they usually have less frequent content updates and are filled with micro-transactions. WoW has some mounts and pets you can buy but they are purely cosmetic. F2P games also make you grind a ton. WoW still has a grind but it's really quite tame compared to other MMO's.

World of Warcraft is not bad per say but since Activision started making it into a more "Profit possible environment" it's sunk into a bit of tar pit. getting these super rare drops then augment them into higher level..yeah it's just microtransactions.

The pro's about WoW these days is that you don't have to spend real money on the game as long as you buy in game tokens, think they go for a lot of gold but if you do dailies, raids and dungeons you can keep buying them.

PvP is shit unless you go super serious into ranked and Raids is meh during battle of azeroth.

9 hours ago, Kevitz said:

It's no more "outdated" than buying a game. Now to mobile gamers that are used to f2p games the notion of paying for a game or paying for access to servers could seem silly. For people that have been gaming for a few years paying for access to a server is just one way to monetize a game. There's no real "age" to bog standard payment and transactions.

The real question is whether you think that game justifies the cost. The trial demo period should  allow you to form your own opinion instead of people telling you their opinion of a game. Opinions are personal, not fact.