CHOSEN CHAMPION?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the champion crown?

• Dragon-Archon
    • Fabiansc83
    • Jemmie
    • Kevvik
    • Kingofbattle8174
    • Ladynadiad
    • Leon Castle
    • Sealightbreeze
    • Warped Savior
    • xZoneHunter

I was hoping to finish KH DDD before KH3's release, but it seems the last trophy glitched on me: I completed all the requirements, but it won't unlock. The only other save I have is from ~10 hours earlier, meaning I have to do almost all of the post-game grind again -_- . In other news: KH3 is amazing and work on the guide has started :dance: .

51 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

The spreadsheet is up, but for some reason it is not viewable yet, just need to tinker with it.

I don't know anything about zoho, but in Google spreadsheets there's a blue button in the upper right corner of the screen that says "Share", which includes the sharing settings. Maybe zoho has something similar?

Also, the LP Ys isn't mentioned in the OP. Just in case: Ys games are still eligible for the LP bonus, right?

23 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I was hoping to finish KH DDD before KH3's release, but it seems the last trophy glitched on me: I completed all the requirements, but it won't unlock. The only other save I have is from ~10 hours earlier, meaning I have to do almost all of the post-game grind again -_- . In other news: KH3 is amazing and work on the guide has started :dance: .

I don't know anything about zoho, but in Google spreadsheets there's a blue button in the upper right corner of the screen that says "Share", which includes the sharing settings. Maybe zoho has something similar?

Also, the LP Ys isn't mentioned in the OP. Just in case: Ys games are still eligible for the LP bonus, right?

Updated to include the Let's play YS. 

I also fixed the sharing. I know how to do it from my tablet app. I created it though on a PC and the option wasn't working then. But fixed now. 

That at is a bummer on that game, any time you have to backtrack is a waste. Not as bad as losing all the saves though. I had my PS 1 memory card stolen and it had among other things my xenogears save. I was at least 150 hrs in. I have never gotten back to that point all these years later. I have it on my vita now but the jumping is so horrible. It wasn't good to begin with but it is even worse. 

11 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Updated to include the Let's play YS. 

I also fixed the sharing. I know how to do it from my tablet app. I created it though on a PC and the option wasn't working then. But fixed now. 

That at is a bummer on that game, any time you have to backtrack is a waste. Not as bad as losing all the saves though. I had my PS 1 memory card stolen and it had among other things my xenogears save. I was at least 150 hrs in. I have never gotten back to that point all these years later. I have it on my vita now but the jumping is so horrible. It wasn't good to begin with but it is even worse. 

The spreadsheet isn't working for me.  Not sure if it's the sharing or something else, but it's just giving an error instead of showing the spreadsheet.

And yay for Ys being included with me working on my last two Ys stacks.  I'm at the end of Lacrimosa of Dana so I'll soon be able to get all the remaining trophies except the one for beating on nightmare since I ran with doing an easy playthrough first.  That will be a nice bonus when I finish those ones off.  I also may be nuts enough to import Ys IX when it comes out later this year.  Then there are the bonuses I could get if I actually get to finishing all my Kiseki games this year.

11 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

The spreadsheet isn't working for me.  Not sure if it's the sharing or something else, but it's just giving an error instead of showing the spreadsheet.

And yay for Ys being included with me working on my last two Ys stacks.  I'm at the end of Lacrimosa of Dana so I'll soon be able to get all the remaining trophies except the one for beating on nightmare since I ran with doing an easy playthrough first.  That will be a nice bonus when I finish those ones off.  I also may be nuts enough to import Ys IX when it comes out later this year.  Then there are the bonuses I could get if I actually get to finishing all my Kiseki games this year.

For some reason the link had an extra word than it should have, once I redid the link it is working now.

So I just realized something funny.  It seems that Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is actually listed with a genre of RPG on here and I just finished that one up.  Had 1 Gold, 2 Silver, and 6 bronze trophies left in it.

So that would be 75-5-72.96+16 for a grand total of 13.04 points.

And also, that makes me realize that subtracting the completion rarity for a non-plat game or DLC could potentially result in a negative score.  Maybe it may make more sense instead multiply the rarity by 0.75 or 0.5 to account for the lowered base score?

1 hour ago, Warpedsavior said:

By the way, has it been decided whether or not time will be a factor regarding scoring?

No we are not computing time.

@ladynadiad

Congrats on being the first. It may notmbe much but points are points. If a game somehow results in a neg, you wont lose points. The lowest to go is zero. 

There are a bunch of odd games in the rpg genre. I am thinking of using a few myself.

17 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

So I just realized something funny.  It seems that Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is actually listed with a genre of RPG on here and I just finished that one up.  Had 1 Gold, 2 Silver, and 6 bronze trophies left in it.

So that would be 75-5-72.96+16 for a grand total of 13.04 points.

And also, that makes me realize that subtracting the completion rarity for a non-plat game or DLC could potentially result in a negative score.  Maybe it may make more sense instead multiply the rarity by 0.75 or 0.5 to account for the lowered base score?

Or score each as a full game (100 point) but with a 0.75 or 0.50 multiplier for the final total as applicable.  That would make the negative score harder to achieve.

Don't you love how we think of these things just as the event starts?

Just now, fabiansc83 said:

So, according to this page Hatoful Boyfriend is a RPG, but Gravity Rush not? Just my luck 1f605.png

I know, right?  Though the rules do say we can make a case for a game we feel would fit and isn't labeled as a RPG.  Heck, some less popular RPGs don't even have any genre labels.  While I haven't played Gravity Rush or its sequel, what I do know of them would make me okay with giving a thumbs up for you towards allowing it to count.

And speaking of making cases for games, @kingofbattle8174, what about games that have no genre labels?  Should we get thumbs up for those too?

47 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Or score each as a full game (100 point) but with a 0.75 or 0.50 multiplier for the final total as applicable.  That would make the negative score harder to achieve.

Don't you love how we think of these things just as the event starts?

Well, I sure wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't seen it in action.  I think no matter what is decided, a game or DLC that is completed should count for a minimum of a point.

• Like 1

I rolled a high initiative and managed to draw blood.

My first game is Heroes Trials. 

100 base + 68 trophies - 91.5 rarity = 76.5 + 38.25 less than a month bonus= 114.25.

I would say if for some reason on here it is not genre, if another credible site has as such should be ok. Just put where you got it in the info incase someone disputes it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Remember you just need atleast two other players to give you a thumbs up if you have a game you think should count but does not.

Yeah, don't worry, i'll follow the rules. Fortunately i have plenty of labeled RPGs to play this year, GR2 it's taking a little more time than i expected ?

28 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

While I haven't played Gravity Rush or its sequel, what I do know of them would make me okay with giving a thumbs up for you towards allowing it to count.

While i know it's a platformer, GR have at least some elements of the genre, like: side missions (a lot), epic bosses, a good story with great cutscenes, a lot of dialogue, money farming and customisation. I'm playing it for the "gorgeous vistas" from the bingo event. Thanks for the thumbs up.

I'm currently at 27% of the base game.

Edited by fabiansc83

My First Game is

L022059.png

If I'm not mistaken it's 80 + 5 = 85

My percentage was around 80% before Friday so it was 100 - 20 = 80... let me know if that was right as I'm not good with Math.

In Tales of Hearts I defeated Creed the 1st time still need to kick his ass with my sword 2 more times on Super Hard and Unknown(in all Tales of but Tales of Symphonia, I play as a Swordsman/woman)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

My First Game is

L022059.png

If I'm not mistaken it's 80 + 5 = 85

My percentage was around 80% before Friday so it was 100 - 20 = 80... let me know if that was right as I'm not good with Math.

In Tales of Hearts I defeated Creed the 1st time still need to kick his ass with my sword 2 more times on Super Hard and Unknown(in all Tales of but Tales of Symphonia, I play as a Swordsman/woman)

Also rarity, which is 13.42

100+5-20-13.42= 71.58

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UItimate_Battler said:

Can i join the contest? RPGs are my favourite.

I think the OP has already closed sign ups since the event has started. But you can always drop in to talk about the RPGs everyone is playing.

Also i, personally wouldnt class gravity rush an RPG. It has some RPG elements, but it's more of an adventure/action game inbmy opinion. That being said, the RPG genre is very broad and I'm sure everyone has a different take on what's an RPG to them.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

@ladynadiad @Dragon-Archon thanks for the thumbs up 1f44d.png

@kingofbattle8174 it's settled then? gravity rush games are allowed in this event? i have to do all the math then (didn't finish it yet anyway):popcorn:

I personally do not see anything, but I do not know enough about the game to judge, so I am fine leaving it to those who have the knowledge with the series and let it stand. Is it going to hamper your progress since the servers have already been closed for it?

17 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I personally do not see anything, but I do not know enough about the game to judge, so I am fine leaving it to those who have the knowledge with the series and let it stand. Is it going to hamper your progress since the servers have already been closed for it?

The servers are closed, but the platinum it's still obtainable.

But, i made my mind, since xZoneHunter didn't see it as a RPG and i think i have to respect his opinion too, i think i'm going to let it be and stick with my other games. Will it count for the Bingo event so it's not that bad ? 

So i'm going to start this event with Tales of Zestiria later.

Good luck with your games, i'll catch you later  :dance:

Edited by fabiansc83

OK, first one done...

L091bde.pngspacer.png

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age :platinum:

I absolutely love this series, I think its the best RPG series out there.  I was hoping to have it done before the end of the month for the New Years' Event to make my score more respectable but the last two days of the month didn't cooperate.  So, I'll use it here instead.

I was 70% done so the score should be this...

100 + 21(trophies) - 19.57(rarity) - 15(completion penalty) = 86.43 points

We'll see what comes next. I'm curious who the crazy person who thinks I can win this was. 

• Like 4