PS3 Update 4.45

HeySumbode

FbQnxjJ.png
-Image links to the tweet-

Final Edit:

Update from mochuuu (New PS3 Update by June 27th 2013)

We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week. A new PS3 system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Edit 4:

Update from mochuuu

Hello all,

Wanted to follow up and let you know that we are still activaly examining the issue in which certain users experienced problems booting their PS3 after the firmware update.

Thank you for your patience, but I don't have any more news to share at this time. Please continue to watch this thread for updates, and subscribe to it to recieve emails for further updates.

Edit 3:

From Morgan Haro (mochuuu) Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms (SCEA)

Hey everyone,

We are aware of reports that the recent PlayStation 3 system software update (version 4.45) has caused the XMB to not display on a small number of PS3 systems. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating the cause of the problem. We will announce when the system update is available for download as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

When we have updates, I'll add them to this thread. In the meantime, you can go to this open community thread to add your feedback:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Problem-after-update-to-4-45/td-p/40712247http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Problem-after-update-to-4-45/td-p/40712...

Replies are blocked so as to make it easy for you to subscribe to this thread to receive updates from PSN Staff when we update this thread. Click the 'Options' above and click 'Subscribe' to track this thread. Please check your notification settings under 'My Settings' to determine when you will receive emails from subscribing to threads in Playstation Community Forums. The default option is 'immediate', but can be set to be 'daily' or 'weekly'.

Q&A:
=====================================================
Q1. I updated my PS3 to version 4.45, and now the XMB is not being displayed and I cannot play anything on my system. Why?
We are currently conducting investigations to determine the cause of this problem. We will announce further information, including additional updates, when ready.

Q2. Version 4.45 has been taken off line, but if users have already updated to the new version and they are experiencing problems, what can they do?
We kindly ask PS3 users to wait for further details. We will announce when ready.

Q3. Were you not able to predict that such an issue may occur? Do you perform appropriate verification tests before releasing updates?
SCE constantly performs appropriate verifications tests for system software updates, and strives to improve and offer quality service.
We are currently conducting investigations to determine the cause of this problem. We will announce further information, including additional updates, when ready.

Q4. How many users were affected by this update?
We are currently confirming the number.

Q5. I read in the web that the PS3 system with 500GB HDD were affected. Is this true?
We are currently conducting investigations to determine the cause of this problem.

Q6. Have you already found a solution to this problem?
We kindly ask PS3 users to wait for further details. We will announce when ready.

Q7. How are the customer service teams responding to consumer inquiries right now?
=====================================================

Edit 2:

Never mind, 4.45 got pulled. If your console was affected please use the PlayStation Support Forums, as solutions might come faster from there.

Edit 1:

Note: PS3 Update 4.45 is live, some users are currently experiencing some issues with it. Hold off if you are not sure.

US PlayStation Suport Forums Here

OP

This is just a heads up to a future PS3 update. If i get any info as to when it goes live before anyone here, i will adjust the title and bump the thread to signal that 4.45 is live...

Edited by HeySumbode

Main Features Revised in System Software Version 4.45

You can now select whether to show a notification when you earn a trophy while playing a game. You can adjust

the setting under [settings] > [system Setting] > [Trophy Notifications].

For detailed information including limitations of usage, visit the SCE Web site for your region.

I for one enjoy hearing the "ding" when i obtain a trophy; but hey, i'm not everyone and i'm sure this update will be useful for some.

Doesn't it do that already ?

For messages and friend requests, yes.

Edited by Tamer
  • Like 1

Main Features Revised in System Software Version 4.45

You can now select whether to show a notification when you earn a trophy while playing a game. You can adjust

the setting under [settings] > [system Setting] > [Trophy Notifications].

For detailed information including limitations of usage, visit the SCE Web site for your region.

I for one enjoy hearing the "ding" when i obtain a trophy; but hey, i'm not everyone and i'm sure this update will be useful for some.

For messages and friend requests, yes.

So instead of showing you the trophy images and sound 

it just comes up you have earned a trophy ?

I'm already having problems with the update.

All I'm getting is my blue background & nothing else :shakefist:

I pull my core to see it would work,but it's still the same blue background.

I just read someone on another site saying the update locked up their system. Definitely going to wait on updating myself. Is there an option to turn trophy notifications up super loud, this is what I need :)

• Like 1

Hmm if its done right, could be a nice advancement...... kinda like a page that shows all the new info/trophies achieved by my friends or whats going on recently with everyone, like the "recent status updates"  in forums Home.

I'm already having problems with the update.

All I'm getting is my blue background & nothing else :shakefist:

I pull my core to see it would work,but it's still the same blue background.

Sony at it again, breaking PS3s..... 

So far, can anyone confirm if it currently is safe to download? I can hold off the update if it means I can avoid any problems with my PS3.

It is for the best to not update since I was surfing other forums to confirm that other users are being affected. I updated and nothing happened so I suggest being safe than sorry.