Trophy thoughts?

Guccitore

Again, another dev who doesn’t know how platinum trophies work. Will my platinum unlock upon level 30 or do I complete the 29 levels and then it pops?

• 2 weeks later...

Has more in common with hex tunnel than beat saber. It's quite fun. One or two levels it got frustrating when I kept dying. The levels are random with a new enemy or environmental challenge added each new level. I had to complete level 29 twice as the trophy didnt pop first time. 

• Like 1

On 7.4.2019 at 3:40 PM, Deadpool--Rik said:

Has more in common with hex tunnel than beat saber. It's quite fun. One or two levels it got frustrating when I kept dying. The levels are random with a new enemy or environmental challenge added each new level. I had to complete level 29 twice as the trophy didnt pop first time. 

Good to know. Did you have any tips for level 9? Have many problems with the directional bands.

• Like 1

Level 9 took me a lot of tries.  It's one of the longest levels I've played so far.  As far as advice for the moving platforms, look to the edge of the level. Sometimes you can ride the wall and that makes for easy passage.  If you happen to slide past the doors, occasionally you can hold back and edge sideways and move straight across and save the run.  If you get caught in the smaller rooms up against the edge, I have found several instances where you can just pass through the far edge of the wall.  Hope this helps.

Also ran into glitched out trophy on level 14.  Completed it twice, then restarted the game.  Finished once more and it popped.  Maybe that can help someone who runs into the same issue.  

13 hours ago, sui_staR said:

Good to know. Did you have any tips for level 9? Have many problems with the directional bands.

I struggled for ages on level 9, tried all the different movement options and settled on moving head. The moving floors became my bane, just keep trying and eventually you'll get a good run. I know that's cliche but it worked for me.

• 3 years later...

I could be wrong but it seems like level progress is determined by time spent, not distance travelled, so I started waiting for the clock to tick down before every checkpoint which seems to shorten the levels a bit. Again, could be wrong, but I didn't notice the progress counter ticking down any slower while I was standing still than when I was going full speed...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7.01.2023 at 9:27 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

I could be wrong but it seems like level progress is determined by time spent, not distance travelled, so I started waiting for the clock to tick down before every checkpoint which seems to shorten the levels a bit. Again, could be wrong, but I didn't notice the progress counter ticking down any slower while I was standing still than when I was going full speed...

You are totally right! Thanks for this! There is no need to "run" through the level. If you will do a "full" stop you will see (on your guns) that percentage of the level is increasing by itself. So, as you have mentioned: If you have enough time (also visible on guns display), just stop before crossing the blue "force field" (time reset) and wait until it is almost depleted and cross it "as late" as possible and continue the run. Due to this levels will be "shorter".

Level 9 is really tricky, have to admit! Died at 99% :D. Oh well... I have a lot of time now :D.

Edit:

Also a small tip if it was not mentioned already: left and right outside walls can not kill you, so feel free to use them to avoid obstacles.

Edit 2:
Just after writing it I passed lvl 9 :D.

Edit 3:

I just passed lvl 13 at 2nd try (1st - 23%) - NO TROPHY... Still showing 23% as my best run...

Will have to try again (same situation mentioned already).

Edit 4: 
Level 28 is annoying due to the amount of shooting non-scorchers (lol, I took this one from google translator :D)

Edit 5:
Plat after completing lvl 29 ;) Greetz to devs ?

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3