Good Eats/Evil Eats Trophy Dispute (Solved: proven innocent)

Blonde-Boy01

Is it possible to unlock these two trophies so soon after one another? My friend, who achieved them like this, said this happened as a result of the checkpoint reloading unexpectedly, allowing both outcomes to be done within a short period. The same thing happened for him with the 'Good Eats / Evil Eats' trophies, though not quite as quickly. I personally believe this, as I've seen it happen before with different games that I've played, but just for the sake of it, I'm asking any of you here that have played the 2009 Ps3 game 'InFamous', think this makes sense. 

1BUJ16V.png

EDIT: Turns out it is 100% legit! Here's video proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1UrmZyOmM (Here's a backup of the same video in case original is lost: https://streamable.com/mfwd7f)

Explanation: The reason he did this was to test just how different the branching the choices were, since he was skeptical as to how meaningful the choices would be, without him having to play the entire game two times. After doing this for the first 2-3 choices of the story, he decided to just play the game normally and has since invested more than one playthrough in the game anyway. He wasn't even thinking about the trophy aspect of the situation, until I pointed it out to him much later.

Edited by Blonde-Boy01
Changed title and added video

even if he backed up his save prior to the mission i doubt anyone could pull off those 2 trophy's within that time frame.

as to what you need to do is up to you.

Edited by lordguwa

I'd played this game a while ago so my memory might be a little fuzzy so take my opinion with a grain of salt but I don't think we can restart from checkpoint just like that because I had to restart from a checkpoint after make a mistake choosing an evil karma decision for my good karma walkthrough and it sends me to the beginning of the mission. But hey, your friend might had a rare glitch occurred to him. 

Edit:

My bad, it's other way around it's evil karma walkthrough. 

nJxJ0MJ.jpg

Edited by pokwey
Add pic & correction

Don't you have to do the whole mission under that choice before you get to the end and pop the trophy? It just won't pop instantly after you make a choice, does it? Looks busted to me, but i'm no infamous expert.

Despite this, maybe it's possible to get to the end of the mission without popping a trophy, save it, reload the previous state and then do again on the different side, then pop 2 and then load 1 and pop 1. Can't tell, I'm no infamous expert, really.

Edited by TheYuriG

On 21/05/2019 at 2:02 PM, lordguwa said:

even if he backed up his save prior to the mission i doubt anyone could pull off those 2 trophy's within that time frame.

as to what you need to do is up to you.

Who said anything about backing up a save? Games have checkpoints. 

On 21/05/2019 at 2:56 PM, TheYuriG said:

Don't you have to do the whole mission under that choice before you get to the end and pop the trophy?

No. The choice only comes at the very end, so he could do one choice, instantly die or something, and then just instantly take the other choice. I don't personally own InFamous, but I played it a few times, which I why I'm so sure about this. 

On 21/05/2019 at 2:56 PM, TheYuriG said:

Despite this, maybe it's possible to get to the end of the mission without popping a trophy, save it, reload the previous state and then do again on the different side, then pop 2 and then load 1 and pop 1. Can't tell, I'm no infamous expert, really.

I get why you'd be confused lol, but he simply did one choice, either died or was reloaded to the previous in-game checkpoint, and then did the other choice. 

On 21/05/2019 at 3:16 PM, totallycrushed said:

Maybe two consoles

Reveal hidden contents

+_3cce7577dc5326fbfad13ba55fc00f76.jpg

I know the guy personally, and he only owns the one. This wasn't something he did on purpose. Edit: Actually it was on purpose, sorry I misremembered what he told me. Refer to my post from May 24, 2019  for more details.

Edited by Blonde-Boy01

I don't own the game anymore, but should be easy to check for someone who is willing to put in the work. Get the trophy, die and try to get the other. The main problem would be if the game puts a checkpoint right as you make the choice, which is actually not that unlikely, in which case this will be flaggable. Personally that wouldn't stand out as much to me if it wasn't also for the time between Evil Eats and Good Riot. Even some of the current fastest achievers, so presumably people who knew their way around the game and were intentionally speedrunning it, don't have a time as fast as that. Can't test it for myself, but just something to consider.

41 minutes ago, Rusty2366 said:

No. The choice only comes at the very end, so he could do one choice, instantly die or something, and then just instantly take the other choice. I don't personally own InFamous, but I played it a few times, which I why I'm so sure about this. 

I get why you'd be confused lol, but he simply did one choice, either died or was reloaded to the previous in-game checkpoint, and then did the other choice.

I don't think infamous makes checkpoints just before choices, but rather after then. If i remember this mission properly, you are inside a crowd with several civilians and you need to incite a riot against the cops, either on the bridge on a square, because you either want food or want to use the bridge to leave the city. If I still remember correctly, it's not a button press choice, but an action. You either do something with the civs or walk past them and do whatever you need to do alone, taking all the heat.

Obviously, I could be completely wrong with all of this, as I've played infamous several years ago. Maybe we should just hope someone with the game could come in and chime their knowledge at this point.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Maybe we should just hope someone with the game could come in and chime their knowledge at this point.

Next time I have enough free time, I'll have a go at testing it myself. It just doesn't make sense why he would have done anything "flaggable" because it's the only example I could find in his trophy collection, and he hasn't even unlocked the platinum so it's not like he was trying to get a platinum illegitamtley. It just doesn't make any sense for it to be anything else other than either some random bug/glitch or just some really lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) timing. 

Just now, Rusty2366 said:

Next time I have enough free time, I'll have a go at testing it myself. It just doesn't make sense why he would have done anything "flaggable" because it's the only example I could find in his trophy collection, and he hasn't even unlocked the platinum so it's not like he was trying to get a platinum illegitamtley. It just doesn't make any sense for it to be anything else other than either some random bug/glitch or just some really lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) timing. 

Even cheating trophies takes time and effort. Not everyone puts in all that is required to get them. There might be more cases of games you do not understand, can't really know without looking into everything.

Looking forward to your observation details.

59 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Even cheating trophies takes time and effort. Not everyone puts in all that is required to get them.

That's what I mean. Why would he put in the time and effort to cheat two super easy trophies and then not bother with any of his other (and way harder) InFamous trophies, and seemingly all his other games (while it's true that I haven't played every single one of his  played games personally, I'm familiar at least a little with how all of them should work). It just doesn't make any sense for it to be anything other than a legitimate fluke. Honestly, if you can think of any other explanation that makes clear sense, do tell me.

I'll come back here and let you know if I learn anything from my own testings.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2019 at 8:03 PM, TheYuriG said:

Even cheating trophies takes time and effort. Not everyone puts in all that is required to get them. There might be more cases of games you do not understand, can't really know without looking into everything.

Looking forward to your observation details.

@TheYuriG Lmao turns out it's SUPER easy. I made an alternate user (without making a actual new PSN ID). Here's video proof from my testing (sorry for the horrible picture quality):

Turns out I totally botched my friend's explanation too. He says he started playing with the intent of doing this sort of thing (refer to the video) to test just how different the branching the choices were without him having to play the entire game two times, but after the first 2 or 3 choices he gave up and just the game normally. 

Edit #1: I'll link to the video proof in the original post so it's quicker to reach. 

Edit #2: Here's a backup link in case something happens to the original upload: https://streamable.com/mfwd7f

Edited by Blonde-Boy01
  • Like 1