Final Fantasy VII

BigPete7978

So today Final Fantasy VII was released on Steam with achievement support and everything included with the PC version that was released not too long ago. So that got me thinking, wouldn't this be an awesome release for the PSN as well? There are many gamers who haven't even played the game before, and to add it on to the PlayStation Network with trophy support as well as other things would be awesome IMO. Would you like to see this?

Yes I know the PSOne Classic is already on the PS Store, but I think this would be a great addition as well if it was ever implemented. 

I'm indifferent on this but I'm sure some would enjoy it if it did ever happen. I think if it did happen though, that remake everyone keeps asking for won't ever happen but that really wouldn't bother me.

Edited by Hikari_Symphony
  • Like 1

Sorry for that :P

Anyways I don't know why companies don't do that more often. They don't need to make them in HD or anything like that but imagine if Square put the first 9 final fantasies on 1 PS3 disc and all they added was trophy support. Charge 39.99 for it and what RPG gamer wouldn't buy it. Hell even make 2 separate collections 1-6 and 7-9+tactics and charge 29.99 for each one and people would still buy it.

There fans want it, it would cost them next to nothing but they would make a killing (look at that stupid Mario Bros collection that was 4 NES games with no extras and it cost 40$)

• Like 1

Killzone 1 was in the store for a certain ammount of time as a ps2 classic and then got re-released as an HD remake with trophies. So that might happen to FFVII as well.

Didn't even think of that. Definitely a possibility. I just purchased the game on Steam, and I would purchase it again on PSN. One of my favorite games of all time. 

Sorry for that :P

Anyways I don't know why companies don't do that more often. They don't need to make them in HD or anything like that but imagine if Square put the first 9 final fantasies on 1 PS3 disc and all they added was trophy support. Charge 39.99 for it and what RPG gamer wouldn't buy it. Hell even make 2 separate collections 1-6 and 7-9+tactics and charge 29.99 for each one and people would still buy it.

There fans want it, it would cost them next to nothing but they would make a killing (look at that stupid Mario Bros collection that was 4 NES games with no extras and it cost 40$)

Nothing wrong with wrestling catchphrases lol. And yes tons of people would buy the games with single releases or collections, it honestly wouldn't matter. 

So today Final Fantasy VII was released on Steam with achievement support and everything included with the PC version that was released not too long ago. So that got me thinking, wouldn't this be an awesome release for the PSN as well? There are many gamers who haven't even played the game before, and to add it on to the PlayStation Network with trophy support as well as other things would be awesome IMO. Would you like to see this?

Yes I know the PSOne Classic is already on the PS Store, but I think this would be a great addition as well if it was ever implemented. 

sony isnt releasing the ffvii hd remake because they are already hard at work making another ff7 for ps4.....

Don't be so sure about it, adding trophies to old games is not as easy as most people think, you have to work on a code that wasn't destined to have them on the first place. And you have to pay all those people working on it.

Still, at one point SONY declared they had the intention to include trophies on older games, it might happen some time. 

Don't be so sure about it, adding trophies to old games is not as easy as most people think, you have to work on a code that wasn't destined to have them on the first place. And you have to pay all those people working on it.

Still, at one point SONY declared they had the intention to include trophies on older games, it might happen some time. 

Sega, Namco and Midway did it and I think SE would make a lot more off of their collection than those 3 combine. I am not saying it wouldn't be work, but the sales would justify it in the end.

I would absolutely Platinum this game if they ever patched it to have trophies. Especially considering I already did it when the game was first released on PS1, haha. When I ran out of things to do, I used a GameShark to play around in the DeBug room as well. I would love me some FFVII trophies. :o

I'm indifferent on this but I'm sure some would enjoy it if it did ever happen. I think if it did happen though, that remake everyone keeps asking for won't ever happen but that really wouldn't bother me.

I'm with you on this one. But is the remake not happening really the worst thing? Some things are better left as they are. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this game all pretty like but imagine the time and money it would take. Square has their doubts it wouldn't be "cost effective" but with the number of people asking for it for so long, I'd say it's a huge surprise they haven't. Personally I've been saying I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the first games they support with their new cloud feature that hosts the older games. If X/X2 are a huge success, I wouldn't be surprised to see them revisit their older games truth be told.

• 3 weeks later...

I would LOVE this. FF7 is in my Top 10 of All Time.

I did just beat the game (again) about a month ago, but I wouldn't mind going through it again. The only thing that really kinda drags is the Battle Square fighting, but it's nothing too difficult.

• 3 weeks later...