Not bad, but not like I remember

Asmund

It's nice to see old nostalgia with a face lift, I appreciated the game for what it was, but seems like they added a ton of fluff into it to try and flesh out what was a short game back in the day. Environment was a bit buggy and there were transitions that instead of looping you back to the start as intended would just let you smash into a pitch black room of nothingness trying to stumble your way back out or in most cases ruining that run.

Minor hiccups aside I was aiming for a fast completion time because I was a beast at this game back in the day,  but I don't recall there being random bits of money laying around that you were required to collect for objectives, at least not that I recall, wish I knew that going into it I would've at least prepped more and saved a ton of time in the career section instead of derping around trying to spot cash floating about, overall I'm not upset with a 6 hour platinum but still no one likes to take a hit on time over unexpected game mechs, re-learning how to wall ride and what angle is allowed was a mess but everything else was all muscle memory and my 10 year old self took over smacking down beautiful combos right off rip. This was a nice change of pace anyways, wish they'd do an HD for the underground series ?

I played a lot of Tony Hawk growing up. Even watch the X Games back when Tony himself was pretty active in the skating profession.

I just wish Tony Hawk's Underground would make it on the PS4. The PS4 can basically powercycle through PS2 games given it's much more powerful, and I don't see why it shouldn't be re-released.

• Like 2

What RoboModo did to TH was a butchering. And it started with the plastic board shit.

With THPS HD, the physics are all fucked up and reverts do not work like they should and they never improved with THPS5 from what I heard.

Glad they got capped so we don't have to deal with this shit anymore.

• Like 1

Tony Hawk was the man in Gleaming the Cube. I mostly watched my youngest brother rock out this game, then go outside and do the same things on his skateboard.

I was pretty terrible at this game and it reminds me of some of the bad parts of Jak II so I’ll probably stay away from this one.

But good for Tony, keeping his IP alive and generating revenue!

I've seen some arguments stating that the Unreal Engine was not appropriate for a game like Tony Hawk's PS (I can't remember, just that part), but I know nothing about those technical details. If someone can explain why it would be nice.

Edited by Katt

This was a massive letdown but hey, I see THPS3 DLC, I purchase. Rolling down Canada & Los Angeles brought back so many memories, but considering how subpar the game is those memories quickly became tainted. THPS5 was more enjoyable to me than THPSHD but it was still shite, lol. Fuck Robomodo.