“Surrounded” + NEW TROPHIES every week?

Mythologuy

6 hours ago, Anxiety said:

This is going to probably drive me nuts. But yeah it’s kind of stupid how they sort of just chuck you In there, you have like five seconds to plant traps. Once they start releasing the patches, upgrading rings etc I’m sure it will be 100% easier. 

Yep, my patience has run out right now, I get 30,000 points no problem, highest as of right now is 40,048, that's where it just goes all bad haha. It's probably just like in the game, later will probably be easier, with upgrades of the ring and other things. I'm just going to wait, hopefully that's the case, if not, I know I'll get it eventually.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Guys, can you also confirm, on what difficulty you play it. Does challenges tied to the base game difficulty (survival, for example) or it is fully independent mode with its own skills, difficulty, etc.? Thanks for the reply to all

Its completely separate 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Guys, can you also confirm, on what difficulty you play it. Does challenges tied to the base game difficulty (survival, for example) or it is fully independent mode with its own skills, difficulty, etc.? Thanks for the reply to all

Fully independent, you pick Challenge Mode from the main menu, not linked to any saves. You get a set amount of items like bombs, molotovs, etc, start with set weapons, also no healing items. It is pretty lenient in getting hit when almost no health, you just have to play it smart, don't let the timer hit zero, keep killing enemies for a score, with the sub challenges, a real pain. This will probably be the hardest of the 12 Challenges, watch.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Fully independent, you pick Challenge Mode from the main menu, not linked to any saves. You get a set amount of items like bombs, molotovs, etc, start with set weapons, also no healing items. It is pretty lenient in getting hit when almost no health, you just have to play it smart, don't let the timer hit zero, keep killing enemies for a score, with the sub challenges, a real pain. This will probably be the hardest of the 12 Challenges, watch.

You think? I'm not sure this is gonna be the hardest, honestly. Especially when we even don't know what they prepared for us in the next 11 challenges. 11 more! It's so strange, really, that they made such a simple trophy list for base game, but with all that DLC stuff added so many annoying things, like survival, gold medals..Brr..Hate gold medals in any game, except for NFS. I understand, that this is free DLC, which no one should complaint about, still it's just grinding based on game mechanics, nothing more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

You think? I'm not sure this is gonna be the hardest, honestly. Especially when we even don't know what they prepared for us in the next 11 challenges. 11 more! It's so strange, really, that they made such a simple trophy list for base game, but with all that DLC stuff added so many annoying things, like survival, gold medals..Brr..Hate gold medals in any game, except for NFS. I understand, that this is free DLC, which no one should complaint about, still it's just grinding based on game mechanics, nothing more. 

They are pulling a Naughty Dog on us.... fucking bastards.

• Like 1

I wonder, do we need to complete every sub-challenge for a gold medal to achieve "Lost & Damned" trophy. If this is necessary, the things could become even more complicated. Otherwise, as the discription of " You Done Good, Kid" trophy says, earning even bronze medal would be enough, though it'll give you less points to upgrade your rank, i suppose. Guess, for now it is  clearly unknown about how many points you'll need for Founder Rank. 

Ended up getting the Silver with a score of 76,080, ended up running out of ammo. I didn't realize you could choose the rings and start unlocking, thought you had to get a gold or something first. Well when I unlocked the Boost of Stamina, I got the silver right away. I ended up getting at least 1 medal for all sub-challenges to go for the trophy. At least it isn't all gold for sub-challenges, even though I have a gold for explosion kills. I should be able to get a gold score soon, especially since you can equip 2 rings and I have the extra ammo on another ring unlocked now.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Schivorer said:

So when one challenge is over and the next one will be unlocked can you still play the first challenge or do you need to wait for 11 weeks until the first one is playable again?

They will always be there.

6 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

There is gonna be, at least, 3 more hordes challenges. Yay!)

4 horde

4 races

4 vs human (I think)

=12 weeks

I just want my 100% back.... ?

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

They will always be there.

4 horde

4 races

4 vs human (I think)

=12 weeks

I just want my 100% back.... 1f622.png

We're all in a same boat, mate. I also had no idea they'll add some shitty challenges trophies when game released two month ago, but they did. A little bit disappointed, still i understand their decision, because those trophies are gonna hold players attention such as you, me and all others on this website, which is what they need to declare, that people are still playing their game. Besides, a bunch of players really don't care at all about trophies and they just glad the game gets something new. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

We're all in a same boat, mate. I also had no idea they'll add some shitty challenges trophies when game released two month ago, but they did. A little bit disappointed, still i understand their decision, because those trophies are gonna hold players attention such as you, me and all others on this website, which is what they need to declare, that people are still playing their game. Besides, a bunch of players really don't care at all about trophies and they just glad the game gets something new. 

100 players, 20 TOPS are trophy hunters and of those only 3 want trophies added for everything and or super hard stuff.

I just really hate seen the 100% unless is for a sizable expansion (HZD, TW3, BB, etc).  Hell, I would have played the challenges anyway cuz of the sweet bike skins but oh well....

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

I'm on just over 100K, I seriously don't get how these people are getting over a million, one tiny mistake and you get overrun. I do the same exact thing several times, or I change things up, but it all ends a bit different. All the videos are good, but I seriously think it's luck on how the enemies swarm you correctly or not. I'm just going to get the gold for the 2 trophies during the next challenge, then worry about this when I upgrade my rings later, since there is a trophy for gold on every challenge. For sub-challenges, I have gold for barrel explosion kills and silver for the other 3.

Edited by Nitemares-----

41 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I'm on just over 100K, I seriously don't get how these people are getting over a million, one tiny mistake and you get overrun. I do the same exact thing several times, or I change things up, but it all ends a bit different. All the videos are good, but I seriously think it's luck on how the enemies swarm you correctly or not. I'm just going to get the gold for the 2 trophies during the next challenge, then worry about this when I upgrade my rings later, since there is a trophy for gold on every challenge. For sub-challenges, I have gold for barrel explosion kills and silver for the other 3.

Just follow the last video I posted and do it exactly as him (same amount of laps).  If the horde comes from a different location (happened to me) then go the other way.

The point is to fight them on that final edge part of the map, as they will all flow 90% from the same direction.

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

Just follow the last video I posted and do it exactly as him (same amount of laps).  If the horde comes from a different location (happened to me) then go the other way.

The point is to fight them on that final edge part of the map, as they will all flow 90% from the same direction.

Just got it with a score of 291,662

Global Rank 87

I used the video you shared to do all the work, then when it came to the high combos, I used the trick ZachSmoke put up in the other thread, by going to a certain roof, the freakers can't reach you, oh a couple do go up there, but it's like they don't know what to do and jump down right away. Instead of dodging frantically gambling if you're going to get screwed, get your high combo that way, but you still have to aim your items, cause you can kill yourself easily.

So now that headache is out of the way for now. I have gold for 2 sub-challenges, for explosions and high combo, silver for the other 2.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

Of course it had to be challenges... 

SIE Bend Studios probably looked at Assassins Creed: Odyssey and other AAA games with New Game Plus and said “Hey, we can do the same thing they’re doing so why not make the same type of content because everybody else has gotten into it.” 

People think a 50 - 100 hour game isn’t long enough, so they have to pack in more DLC that’s going to add another 10 - 20+ hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

Just got it with a score of 291,662

Global Rank 87

I used the video you shared to do all the work, then when it came to the high combos, I used the trick ZachSmoke put up in the other thread, by going to a certain roof, the freakers can't reach you, oh a couple do go up there, but it's like they don't know what to do and jump down right away. Instead of dodging frantically gambling if you're going to get screwed, get your high combo that way, but you still have to aim your items, cause you can kill yourself easily.

So now that headache is out of the way for now. I have gold for 2 sub-challenges, for explosions and high combo, silver for the other 2.

Sweet!  I hope these challenges become easier as we get more upgrades and levels.

Saw someone on YT saying add breakers, screamers and reachers into the horde.... the damn fool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Sweet!  I hope these challenges become easier as we get more upgrades and levels.

Saw someone on YT saying add breakers, screamers and reachers into the horde.... the damn fool.

Well, there are 3 more horde challenges coming, so who knows, what they gonna throw on us later...

Yeah 30k is where I mentally and psychically break it seems.  To lose all that score ahh.   And bc you're trying to figure out if he's sprinting or not has been my demise too often is a silly reason to have a run fall.  If anyone says this is easy at the moment is out of their mind.  Good Luck.

HI. I just wanted to ask how to unlock the trophy "i make this look good". I have played with Deacon and Rikki, and with both of them i have reached the gold medal 4 times. I did all the challenges and i have reached trust lv2. I bought the skin for the bike called Dakar (45$), equipped at the menu, while i was playing with Rikki, but no trophy. I think its maybe glitched on me or i didnt understand what to do. If someone could give me an advice about how i can unlock the trophy, it would be great. Thanks?

33 minutes ago, atriplehrkogabe7 said:

HI. I just wanted to ask how to unlock the trophy "i make this look good". I have played with Deacon and Rikki, and with both of them i have reached the gold medal 4 times. I did all the challenges and i have reached trust lv2. I bought the skin for the bike called Dakar (45$), equipped at the menu, while i was playing with Rikki, but no trophy. I think its maybe glitched on me or i didnt understand what to do. If someone could give me an advice about how i can unlock the trophy, it would be great. Thanks?

I was just experiencing this, I had Rikki equipped and a custom bike skin too. 

However after getting gold twice it still hadn't popped. I just redone a run with Boozer and i now have the trophy. It could be a little buggy but the only other thing that was different was that i actually beat my high score so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

• Like 1