what age did you start playing your first ps3 & what was your impression of it?

SoftBall-Girl-8

I got my PS3 back in December 31 2009 this was my dad's birthday. My home was robbed a few months back and so was my PS2, so during his birthday he bought me a PS3 and I was 16 at the time. And it was the greatest gift I ever got, playing MGS4 was one of my most fondest memories and now that they're releasing HD remakes of PS2 games I'm happy to buy them again to enjoy them.

aww sorry to hear about the robbery

but glad you're here now! :P

I was 10 and I remember my brother getting the console for $600 dollars bundled with motorstorm for his birthday and christmas present combined. I remember playing motor storm and lair and watching him play the club, cod4, uncharted, etc. I was more into my ds and wii/gamecube at the time so I didn't really bother about the ps3 until I was about 12 or 13 back in 09

what made you start playing the ps3??

• Like 1

o.o man i feel late....well i've been playing since i was 5 actually I still remember that duck hunt lol but i didn't get my own ps3 until last year(I have to buy my own stuff now) but totally worth it so much games for me to choose from now

:lol:  duck hunt!?

lol yes worth the monney as long as its your own ps3 :highfive:

Edited by SoftBall-Girl-8

aww sorry to hear about the robbery

but glad you're here now! :P

what made you start playing the ps3??

I'm not entirely sure. I remember playing xbox about a year before and remembering achievements and ps3 trophies caught my interest. After that ps3 was my console until mw2 came out and all my friends had it on xbox so i basically only played xbox then and after that I had been going back and forth but once the ps4 was announced 100$ cheaper with better specs I completely switched to playstation

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure. I remember playing xbox about a year before and remembering achievements and ps3 trophies caught my interest. After that ps3 was my console until mw2 came out and all my friends had it on xbox so i basically only played xbox then and after that I had been going back and forth but once the ps4 was announced 100$ cheaper with better specs I completely switched to playstation

okie dokie :)

I'm a late bloomer in the gaming world,after retiring a few years ago(now 65).I started playing after trying to help my wife with her Zelda game.I wasn't much help to her but she managed to complete that Nintendo game and many more since then.The first PS3 was the 80gb bought because she could play her PS2 games on it(system left behind by son when he moved out).My first game was Metal gear solid 4,connected Ps3 to my sound system,hooked to gaming ever since.Works great.Still using it today for backup and grandkids toy.Only had to reset to factory settings once.

Bought a 250 gb a couple years ago for myself. 

I'm a late bloomer in the gaming world,after retiring a few years ago(now 65).I started playing after trying to help my wife with her Zelda game.I wasn't much help to her but she managed to complete that Nintendo game and many more since then.The first PS3 was the 80gb bought because she could play her PS2 games on it(system left behind by son when he moved out).My first game was Metal gear solid 4,connected Ps3 to my sound system,hooked to gaming ever since.Works great.Still using it today for backup and grandkids toy.Only had to reset to factory settings once.

Bought a 250 gb a couple years ago for myself. 

interesting :)

Got mine 4 years ago on christmas (totally unexpected though), it came with Prototype which I had already finished twice on pc but loved it so played it a few more times, only got into trophy hunting 2 years ago though, and today it's an addiction, and my wishlist is bigger than my wallet :(

I was about 16 when I first played my PS3, it was late in the night and the game was Uncharted. My first impression was that everything looked amazing, my next impression was worry about how I was going to re-wrap and put it back under the Christmas tree 

Edited by CaptStoneHill

Had mine for 5 years so that would've made me 14. RE5 was first game I played and I dazzled by it until I met some annoying people then my experience died.

aww on re5 i went solo when some on co-op would be annoying :blah: :blah:

Got mine 4 years ago on christmas (totally unexpected though), it came with Prototype which I had already finished twice on pc but loved it so played it a few more times, only got into trophy hunting 2 years ago though, and today it's an addiction, and my wishlist is bigger than my wallet :(

aww xD im sure most people's wishlish is bigger than their wallets

your not alone :rolleyes:

I was about 16 when I first played my PS3, it was late in the night and the game was Uncharted. My first impression was that everything looked amazing, my next impression was worry about how I was going to wrap it back up and sneak it back under the Christmas tree ;)

lmao good job! xD

what happened the next morning :huh:

I was about 16 when I first played my PS3, it was late in the night and the game was Uncharted. My first impression was that everything looked amazing, my next impression was worry about how I was going to wrap it back up and sneak it back under the Christmas tree ;)

lmao good job! xD

lmao good job! xD

I was 15 years old (I guess), and when my mum bought me a PS3 I was really excited because it was my first Sony console (I used to buy only Nintendo ones). My first impression was how real the graphics seemed (it still impresses me). It's certainly the best video game I've ever owned. 

• Like 1

I was 15 years old (I guess), and when my mum bought me a PS3 I was really excited because it was my first Sony console (I used to buy only Nintendo ones). My first impression was how real the graphics seemed (it still impresses me). It's certainly the best video game I've ever owned. 

same here :rolleyes:  im still impressed by the new graphics today :highfive:

My 15th birthday is when I got my first Playstation 3. Heavenly Sword, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and L.A.I.R. were the first few games I played on this magnificent console.

nice

i dont think i've ever played Heavenly Sword :|

Edited by SoftBall-Girl-8

If it launched in UK in 2007 (got it day one) if I remember correctly, I was 17, I mostly played Virtua Fighter 5 on it :) It was pretty cool and I was like the only person around (my area of course..) that had one at that time lol  It also played PS2 games so I was still busy with some of them as well.

Edited by TakahashiDemon