what age did you start playing your first ps3 & what was your impression of it?

SoftBall-Girl-8

HEY! Share your story on how it felt playing the ps3 and what was your first game; what did you think of it; and old were you??

I started when i was 8 :ninja:  my first game was pretty intense it was Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six: Vegas, i thought it was pretty cool until people started glitching :unsure:  but for it bein my first game i loved it & it kept my mind off some things in life :rolleyes:

Your turn!

• Like 1

Well i got my first Ps3 in 2008 just after my birthday so that would make me 13 

5 years wow it sure feels longer than that :P 

Anyway the first game i played was Motorstorm and i was super impressed ! it was such a step up and i was playing it on a projector 

so the screen was like 55'' it looked incredible ! then i played heavenly sword which was even better ! 

All in all i loved it of course :)

Well, now I feel like an old ♥. I was seventeen whenever I procured my first PS3. I got the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Rachet and Clank bundle, along with Grand Theft Auto IV separately. I raced home and loaded up Grand Theft Auto IV and was immediately taken aback by the graphics, sound quality and just the sheer step-up the PS3 was technologically. I bought Metal Gear Solid 4 whenever it was released a few weeks later and that left an indelible mark on me, and truly made me feel like the PS3 could ever outshine the peerless PS2. 

All in all, I was just on the cusp of manhood whenever the PS3 was first released, and after that initial year and due to my final year of school - subsequently followed by a three-year stint in University - I was unable to fully embrace or enjoy my PS3. I have really only started to fully show my PS3 love again over the past year-and-a-half. I, unfortunately, don't have the time or the desire to play games for hours at a time as much as I did when I was a teenager, so the PS3 will feel like a beautiful swansong to my formative years; the simple and last times of gaming in my room whilst listening to my crummy CD player and being yelled at to do my homework and/or chores. 

You play acoustic guitar, nice, so do I =), you also play shortstop, nice, I played right field =).

As for the topic, I was 13 years old and it was christmas morning, I had a lot of games, metal gear solid 4, little big planet, ratchet and clank a crack in time, but I knew I needed to play the reason to get the ps3, when I put uncharted 2 in those graphics were breathtaking, and it was just such a great experience playing online with other people.  I felt like a little kid again, and I hope I feel that way when I get the ps4.

Edited by drummerklg

I believe I was 13 or 14 when I first played. My first game was Call of Duty 4. I was amazed with the graphics and the sound quality, I called my cousin afterwords to tell him how cool it was :P

I got my first PS3 80gb phat boy in November of 2008 and i was 28 years old... since then i have sold it and bough two 160gb PS3s and have one in my man cave and downstairs in my living room... my first game was some cheap game that wasn't that fun... the best experience was when i got Fallout 3 and first walked out of the Vault... it was an amazing experience... January 2009.

I was 19/20 years old when I first purchased my 80GB Playstation 3 on November 4, 2008. After the drive home, I connected it and inserted Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and was greeted by a long install time, which was disappointing at first. Once the game finished installing I started playing and was stunned by how beautiful it looked. Since then, I've traded in my 80GB for a 120GB Slim and have been happy ever since.  :wub:

I got my PS3 on 2009, I was 19 back then...my first game was Need for Speed Undercover so I was like "meh" (I rarely play racing games), but then I got RE 5, then MGS 4, Uncharted and list just grew and grew ... I'll go with Sony all the way for the variety of games that they offer and ...

1. I only care about Nintendo for Legend of Zelda and in my opinion it's not worthy to get a system just for one game

2. Microsoft's Xbox is full with FPS and I really hate FPS, the only game that maybe cross my mind about Microsoft is Fable but....

3. Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives and more important, AWESOME exclusives for my beloved PS oh and how to forget PS Plus xD

22, Christmas 2009, got a 120GB slim, Ratchet and Clank ToD, Uncharted 1 and 2, LBP1, and the God of War Collection (the one with 1 and 2).  I think I liked Tools of Destruction the best.  Oh, and I also got Spyro on PSN, pretty cool, but the camera was one of those ones that makes me ill playing too much.

A lot of youngins around here!  I got my PS3 in the summer of 2008, at the age of 23.  After taking 4-5 years off from gaming during my college years, jumping into GTA IV, MLB: The Show, and Uncharted was AMAZEBALLS!  I was instantly re-hooked on games!  :yay:  :holy:

Edited by aro52

Well, now I feel like an old ♥. I was seventeen whenever I procured my first PS3. I got the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Rachet and Clank bundle, along with Grand Theft Auto IV separately. I raced home and loaded up Grand Theft Auto IV and was immediately taken aback by the graphics, sound quality and just the sheer step-up the PS3 was technologically. I bought Metal Gear Solid 4 whenever it was released a few weeks later and that left an indelible mark on me, and truly made me feel like the PS3 could ever outshine the peerless PS2. 

All in all, I was just on the cusp of manhood whenever the PS3 was first released, and after that initial year and due to my final year of school - subsequently followed by a three-year stint in University - I was unable to fully embrace or enjoy my PS3. I have really only started to fully show my PS3 love again over the past year-and-a-half. I, unfortunately, don't have the time or the desire to play games for hours at a time as much as I did when I was a teenager, so the PS3 will feel like a beautiful swansong to my formative years; the simple and last times of gaming in my room whilst listening to my crummy CD player and being yelled at to do my homework and/or chores. 

lol no worries mate! :lol:

you started off with some good games!

You play acoustic guitar, nice, so do I =), you also play shortstop, nice, I played right field =).

As for the topic, I was 13 years old and it was christmas morning, I had a lot of games, metal gear solid 4, little big planet, ratchet and clank a crack in time, but I knew I needed to play the reason to get the ps3, when I put uncharted 2 in those graphics were breathtaking, and it was just such a great experience playing online with other people.  I felt like a little kid again, and I hope I feel that way when I get the ps4.

omg you do?! i just hate outfield :|  im sorry

lol and it sounds like a Christmas year! :yay:

I believe I was 13 or 14 when I first played. My first game was Call of Duty 4. I was amazed with the graphics and the sound quality, I called my cousin afterwords to tell him how cool it was :P

very cool! (: i didn't have any other family memebers & still dont but my dad to share my game experiences with ^^

i think around 8 or 9 playing Doom on the PC xD

o_o amazing

i cant ever play computer games lol :rolleyes:

I started playing when I was 18, I had been saving up to get one.

The first game I played (and the reason I got a ps3) was Metal Gear Solid 4. From there on it was pure love  :wub:

lol is that game good?? i've heard it a lot now a days

A lot of youngins around here!  I got my PS3 in the summer of 2008, at the age of 23.  After taking 4-5 years off from gaming during my college years, jumping into GTA IV, MLB: The Show, and Uncharted was AMAZEBALLS!  I was instantly re-hooked on games!  :yay:  :holy:

well you must play with a lot of youngins :P

I got my PS3 on 2009, I was 19 back then...my first game was Need for Speed Undercover so I was like "meh" (I rarely play racing games), but then I got RE 5, then MGS 4, Uncharted and list just grew and grew ... I'll go with Sony all the way for the variety of games that they offer and ...

1. I only care about Nintendo for Legend of Zelda and in my opinion it's not worthy to get a system just for one game
2. Microsoft's Xbox is full with FPS and I really hate FPS, the only game that maybe cross my mind about Microsoft is Fable but....
3. Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives and more important, AWESOME exclusives for my beloved PS oh and how to forget PS Plus xD

lol well said! & nice games :wub:

I was either 9 or 10  and it was NCAA Football 09. I was immediately blown away by the graphics compared to those of PS2 and the fluidity of the movement of the players.

no one like ps2 graphics :highfive:

got ps3 christmas 2011 , when i was 16. first game was infamous 2.   money well spent  :yay:

agreed! spent welll :highfive:

I was 19/20 years old when I first purchased my 80GB Playstation 3 on November 4, 2008. After the drive home, I connected it and inserted Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and was greeted by a long install time, which was disappointing at first. Once the game finished installing I started playing and was stunned by how beautiful it looked. Since then, I've traded in my 80GB for a 120GB Slim and have been happy ever since.  :wub:

gotta love the 120GM :wub:

Edited by SoftBall-Girl-8
  • Like 1

I got my Ps3 in 2010 and the first game I got was Batman: Arkham Asylum. I was 13 years old and I was just happy to finally have a console to play. Before then I just played Counter Strike Source on my PC. (It was really all I ever played on the PC back then, I had like 1200 hours on it and now I have like 2500)

So deep :wub:

I got my Ps3 in 2010 and the first game I got was Batman: Arkham Asylum. I was 13 years old and I was just happy to finally have a console to play. Before then I just played Counter Strike Source on my PC. (It was really all I ever played on the PC back then, I had like 1200 hours on it and now I have like 2500)

if im not playin my ps3/i've gotten in trouble i play sims 3 on my pc

its my back up now a days :ninja:

if im not playin my ps3/i've gotten in trouble i play sims 3 on my pc

its my back up now a days :ninja:

I haven't played The Sims in years. This guy I've been watching on YouTube doing a series on The Sims 3 makes me want to play it though, as well as given me plenty of ideas. But my laptop isn't so much of a gaming one unfortunately.

I haven't played The Sims in years. This guy I've been watching on YouTube doing a series on The Sims 3 makes me want to play it though, as well as given me plenty of ideas. But my laptop isn't so much of a gaming one unfortunately.

aww its a really great game, they've added so much expansions & online features now!

I was 10 and I remember my brother getting the console for $600 dollars bundled with motorstorm for his birthday and christmas present combined. I remember playing motor storm and lair and watching him play the club, cod4, uncharted, etc. I was more into my ds and wii/gamecube at the time so I didn't really bother about the ps3 until I was about 12 or 13 back in 09

I got my PS3 back in December 31 2009 this was my dad's birthday. My home was robbed a few months back and so was my PS2, so during his birthday he bought me a PS3 and I was 16 at the time. And it was the greatest gift I ever got, playing MGS4 was one of my most fondest memories and now that they're releasing HD remakes of PS2 games I'm happy to buy them again to enjoy them.