Sideways Style Easy Method

NZBigC

9 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Really? I never had many problems with the drift zones, compared to certain jumps or speed runs... or the goddamn floating chips xD

That one chip where you had to drive a couple of minutes to get to that cliff side, only to miss it and have to drive all the way back to try again... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

That one chip where you had to drive a couple of minutes to get to that cliff side, only to miss it and have to drive all the way back to try again... 

i know the one you're talking about in the desert area. have to take the long way back to get back to that jump :(. didn't enjoy that plus i'm sure countless others will possibly be in agreement.

On 31/7/2019 at 0:52 AM, lordguwa said:

i know the one you're talking about in the desert area. have to take the long way back to get back to that jump :(. didn't enjoy that plus i'm sure countless others will possibly be in agreement.

Oh yeah, that... and probably others, sadly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/07/2019 at 11:48 PM, NZBigC said:

If you struggle to put together a good drift run for many of the different drift runs like myself, I figured out a way to easily beat them.

All you have to do is do a complete spin out for 4k to 6k, reverse 20m to 30m (obviously do not go past the starting line), then do another spin out for 4k to 6k just after where you did your previous spin out. Rinse and repeat ...

Hope this helps!

Hi there!

While I understand what I'm reading, I don't understand how you can do that in this game because as soon as a part of your car is going backward, you can't score anymore, meaning it's impossible to increase it when spinning out. If you did a video example, I guess it would be very helpful to share it. Thanks!

21 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Hi there!

While I understand what I'm reading, I don't understand how you can do that in this game because as soon as a part of your car is going backward, you can't score anymore, meaning it's impossible to increase it when spinning out. If you did a video example, I guess it would be very helpful to share it. Thanks!

I deleted the game as soon as I got the platinum so I don't have it anymore and cannot make a video.

I will try to explain it a little better

When you start, drive about 100m and then hit the brakes and completely spin your car around. This should give you between 4-6k. Reverse to the 70m mark, then drive to about 110m mark (10m further than your last spin out) and do another spin out for another 4-6k (possibly more if you are fast enough and still have the x2 or x3 bonuses). Keep doing this until you have the required amount, and then safely drive on over the finish mark to get the 3 stars.

• 3 weeks later...

So... as I still didn't understand this easy method, I mastered all the drift zones using a good car, actually both : Lamborghini Huracan (16/30) and Mazda RX-7 (14/30).

Also tried a bit with BMW M5 (the one you need to score 350K on a drift event for a :bronze:), but score is too low to rise up.

@Lance_87 was right, while I don't consider being myself being a flawless (gaming) driver, I did them all after understanding each section and having a bit of luck to maintain my score (multiplier) and escape from traffic cars. I also happened to beat my other PS friends quite a few times too.

The most difficult one I'd say is Keep on Drifting, with the underground parking and narrow road with walls, I scored 45 470 (needed 45K) on this one and this activity has a very annoying bug, it happened to reset my score several times near the end while I'm of course still inside this drift activity area. Otherwise I could have top my score one or two times.

Anyway, I'm on my way to :platinum:, I don't think I'll have problems with remaining speed traps and speed runs, then ?% with Speedcross extension.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This is the only thing in the game that's proving a challenge for me and it's starting to get really annoying. Many of the sections of road are too tight to do what OP suggested and I like doing them legit. But I can't seem to find a car and setup that works right. The ones I have completed have been in a fully upgraded Nissan 350Z Fairlady (the derelict), but I don't think it goes fast enough to put up big numbers. Yet other cars I've tried don't start drifting easily enough with a tap of the brakes.

Does anyone have any specific cars that they found it easy in? Or was there any specific stuff you looked for like cards that had brake perks? I've tried messing with the live tuning to give more front end weight and a bigger drift angle but it's not made much difference. 

Also struggling with these, using a fully upgraded huracan. Only managed to get three stars on one drift zone so far. I feel like there's something I'm just not getting. Only things I have left are these and the Dusty Trail speed run, which has been driving me absolutely crazy.

20 hours ago, EIdain said:

Does anyone have any specific cars that they found it easy in? Or was there any specific stuff you looked for like cards that had brake perks? I've tried messing with the live tuning to give more front end weight and a bigger drift angle but it's not made much difference. 

I found it much easier after swapping to a Mazda RX-7, so trying that might be worth looking into.

I didn't really particularly look for any special speedcard perks.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mareepx said:

I found it much easier after swapping to a Mazda RX-7, so trying that might be worth looking into.

I didn't really particularly look for any special speedcard perks.

Did you fully upgrade it to 390+? Cause I think I tried it without upgrades and sold it again. Maybe if it performs better once upgraded I'll give it another try. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

Did you fully upgrade it to 390+? Cause I think I tried it without upgrades and sold it again. Maybe if it performs better once upgraded I'll give it another try. Thanks for the suggestion.

I tackled getting three stars on activities after i finished the main story, so I bought the quick upgrade speedcards which if i remember correctly took it up to about 360 performance rating.

• Like 1

Okay so I did all of the ones I can see on the map in-game (in the Mazda RX-7). But I think I'm missing some still according to the guide on here, is there something I need to do in the game to unlock the ones I'm missing?

I've already beaten the story. But the activities section of the menu says there's still 16 I'm missing?

EDIT: Nvm figured it out, I have to drive around the map and find all of them. 

Edited by EIdain

I found that speed isn't always key, even though more speed means more points. For those courses that I couldn't complete I used the Honda NSX type-r with level 16 stock cards. It wasn't as quick but I had more control over the car to make slick corners. 

Also I made sure I did the tough courses at night, because there is less traffic to worry about. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TommyG-LT said:

If anyone still struggling to get 3 stars, I would also recommend using Mazda RX-7 (buy lvl16 stock upgrades) and you're good to go. Managed to get most of the tracks on first try. 

It's much easier than fully upgraded M5 or other powerful cars. 

I agree, this is exactly what I did and found drift zones much easier as a result.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-02 at 2:49 AM, FinalFan said:

Hi there!

I can confirm the method doesn't work. The game just doesn't allow it. On races with herpin bend, it is just impossible : you don't have space.

Anyway, after you get used to drifting and change your drifting settings/parameters, it becomes really easy. Of course there are some challenges, but after 15-20 tries you get around 

Some of these can be infuriating at times, especially with the infamous traffic that just stops right in your path! (how dare they)

I found my derelect Nissan Fairlady maxed at 399 to be an absolute beast of a drift car. Not too fast, small to drift between obstacles and loads of power to spin my tail end out at low speeds. I can't recommend it enough!  

Also if people are struggling even with a maxed setup, just try something else for a bit and go back to it later. I know it's crap to hear at the time of wanting the trophies and 100% but there was one particular drift in which I needed 75k for 3 stars but couldn't for the life of me get above 55k for an hour! I came back to it the next morning and the first run I tried I smashed 88k.

Good luck ? 

Edited by s_cubasteve
Text copied twice
  • Like 1