NZBigC

Sideways Style Easy Method

10 posts in this topic

If you struggle to put together a good drift run for many of the different drift runs like myself, I figured out a way to easily beat them.

All you have to do is do a complete spin out for 4k to 6k, reverse 20m to 30m (obviously do not go past the starting line), then do another spin out for 4k to 6k just after where you did your previous spin out. Rinse and repeat until you have gotten the amount required for that run, and then drive on over the finish line. I was able to get 3 stars on the last 12 or so drift runs that I could not do 'legit' on the first go. 

Hope this helps!

OR... just get a good car like the RX-7.

8 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

OR... just get a good car like the RX-7.

This method is for those that are not good at drifting (no matter what car you use) which is implied in the very first sentence. If it was as easy as simply using an RX-7, I doubt this trophy would be the second rarest in the game.

Posted (edited)

Really? I never had many problems with the drift zones, compared to certain jumps or speed runs... or the goddamn floating chips xD

Edited by Lance_87

9 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Really? I never had many problems with the drift zones, compared to certain jumps or speed runs... or the goddamn floating chips xD

That one chip where you had to drive a couple of minutes to get to that cliff side, only to miss it and have to drive all the way back to try again... 

17 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

That one chip where you had to drive a couple of minutes to get to that cliff side, only to miss it and have to drive all the way back to try again... 

i know the one you're talking about in the desert area. have to take the long way back to get back to that jump :(. didn't enjoy that plus i'm sure countless others will possibly be in agreement.

On 31/7/2019 at 0:52 AM, lordguwa said:

i know the one you're talking about in the desert area. have to take the long way back to get back to that jump :(. didn't enjoy that plus i'm sure countless others will possibly be in agreement.

Oh yeah, that... and probably others, sadly.

On 30/07/2019 at 11:48 PM, NZBigC said:

If you struggle to put together a good drift run for many of the different drift runs like myself, I figured out a way to easily beat them.

All you have to do is do a complete spin out for 4k to 6k, reverse 20m to 30m (obviously do not go past the starting line), then do another spin out for 4k to 6k just after where you did your previous spin out. Rinse and repeat ...

Hope this helps!

Hi there!

While I understand what I'm reading, I don't understand how you can do that in this game because as soon as a part of your car is going backward, you can't score anymore, meaning it's impossible to increase it when spinning out. If you did a video example, I guess it would be very helpful to share it. Thanks!

21 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Hi there!

While I understand what I'm reading, I don't understand how you can do that in this game because as soon as a part of your car is going backward, you can't score anymore, meaning it's impossible to increase it when spinning out. If you did a video example, I guess it would be very helpful to share it. Thanks!

I deleted the game as soon as I got the platinum so I don't have it anymore and cannot make a video.

I will try to explain it a little better

When you start, drive about 100m and then hit the brakes and completely spin your car around. This should give you between 4-6k. Reverse to the 70m mark, then drive to about 110m mark (10m further than your last spin out) and do another spin out for another 4-6k (possibly more if you are fast enough and still have the x2 or x3 bonuses). Keep doing this until you have the required amount, and then safely drive on over the finish mark to get the 3 stars.

So... as I still didn't understand this easy method, I mastered all the drift zones using a good car, actually both : Lamborghini Huracan (16/30) and Mazda RX-7 (14/30).

Also tried a bit with BMW M5 (the one you need to score 350K on a drift event for a :bronze:), but score is too low to rise up.

@Lance_87 was right, while I don't consider being myself being a flawless (gaming) driver, I did them all after understanding each section and having a bit of luck to maintain my score (multiplier) and escape from traffic cars. I also happened to beat my other PS friends quite a few times too.

The most difficult one I'd say is Keep on Drifting, with the underground parking and narrow road with walls, I scored 45 470 (needed 45K) on this one and this activity has a very annoying bug, it happened to reset my score several times near the end while I'm of course still inside this drift activity area. Otherwise I could have top my score one or two times.

Anyway, I'm on my way to :platinum:, I don't think I'll have problems with remaining speed traps and speed runs, then 💯% with Speedcross extension.