Trophy thoughts?

I8albert

19 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

I can confirm there are no online trophies. I've just got the Around the Globe trophy left to get now... The annoying thing is that as far as I can see, there's no way to track how far you've driven... So I have no idea how far doing everything in Career gets you towards it. Plus, I wouldn't even know if the trophy ends up glitched or something... Which I pray it doesn't as I personally know Codemasters last two games of F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 both had glitched trophies...

I think I worked it out that if doing legit, it would take about 9,785 laps if driving around the Oval circuit? Which would take about 76 hours? If I worked it out correctly. Don't quote me on it haha. 1f605.png

Also no need to worry about the Level 99 trophy. At first you level up every 5,000xp I think it was. Then eventually it's every 6,000xp, then I think it finished with every 7,000xp. By the end of finishing Career, I was in the high 80s I think, or maybe even Level 90.

Phew. at least we don't have to worry about the online servers being turned off making unobtainable trophies now.

13 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Plus, I wouldn't even know if the trophy ends up glitched or something... Which I pray it doesn't as I personally know Codemasters last two games of F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 both had glitched trophies...

Ah well that's a good news lol.

I'll start this game only when someone can confirm the trophy is not glitched or waiting for future updates, because anyway I have already plenty of games to play released in previous months (Borderlands 3, The Surge 2, Code Vein, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and also have to complete both journeys in TLOU)

15 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

I can confirm there are no online trophies. I've just got the Around the Globe trophy left to get now... The annoying thing is that as far as I can see, there's no way to track how far you've driven... So I have no idea how far doing everything in Career gets you towards it. Plus, I wouldn't even know if the trophy ends up glitched or something... Which I pray it doesn't as I personally know Codemasters last two games of F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 both had glitched trophies...

I think I worked it out that if doing legit, it would take about 9,803 laps if driving around the Oval circuit? Which would take about 65 hours? If I worked it out correctly. Don't quote me on it haha. 1f605.png

Also no need to worry about the Level 99 trophy. At first you level up every 5,000xp I think it was. Then eventually it's every 6,000xp, then I think it finished with every 7,000xp. By the end of finishing Career, I was in the high 80s I think, or maybe even Level 90.

Edit: Found a quicker car so I think it should take 57 hours. That's starting from scratch. So hopefully finishing Career put a decent dent in that.

Any luck finding out bud? Im after this trophy aswell.. ive messaged the Grid twitter to try find answers about if its possible to track this on consoles? As ive seen its possible to on steam.

Could you not just rubber band the around the globe trophy? Would make it far easier. 

Gonna start this when I get some free time over the weekend. Nice to know there's definately no multiplayer to worry about too. 

I'm still mad at codies for Dirt rally 2 though. Lol

21 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

This is a trophy that worries me since i thought this was going to be an online one but since you confirm there aren't any, can you tell me if this trophy is obtainabke by simply playing career or does it need to be done in freeplay

Coupon Car
Win an Event with at least 3 other racers using a loan car

And just like you and everybody else i hope 'around the globe' isn't glitched.

too bad there's no tracker

26 minutes ago, mika8276 said:

This is a trophy that worries me since i thought this was going to be an online one but since you confirm there aren't any, can you tell me if this trophy is obtainabke by simply playing career or does it need to be done in freeplay

Coupon Car
Win an Event with at least 3 other racers using a loan car

And just like you and everybody else i hope 'around the globe' isn't glitched.

too bad there's no tracker

Simply loan a car in free play. No online required.

• Like 1

I did some more working out, this time regarding distance covered in Career and... It's not 100% accurate as I'd have to go through all of the Career again to see the exact layouts and how many laps etc etc, but just as a guideline...

If they were all the shortest layouts and all set to three laps = 905.74 miles.

If they were all the longest layouts and all set to three laps = 2,208.54 miles.

So as of right now, including my runs around just the Oval Track. I'm probably sat at like... Between 4,000 and 5,000... So only another 20,000 to go! ?

For some reason, I've got a bad feeling that Career and Freeplay will have separate counters too haha. ?

Could really do with an in-game tracker right now! Haha.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:37 AM, zero7uk_ said:

Could you not just rubber band the around the globe trophy? Would make it far easier.

I guess that depends on how long you're willing to do it for haha. It would be easier on yourself but also make it take much longer. You can't leave the car to drive along the walls at the Oval Track at full speed either as it just completely slows you down unfortunately haha! But yeah, I guess you could do that but I have no idea how long that would take.

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake

9 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

What is currently the fastest car in the game? This grind for that trophy is going to be a pain.

The fastest car is like a Porsche / Audi hybrid car (not 100% sure on the name) And it goes at 260mph around the oval at Indianapolis.

22 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

I did some more working out, this time regarding distance covered in Career and... It's not 100% accurate as I'd have to go through all of the Career again to see the exact layouts and how many laps etc etc, but just as a guideline...

If they were all the shortest layouts and all set to three laps = 905.74 miles.

If they were all the longest layouts and all set to three laps = 2,208.54 miles.

So as of right now, including my runs around just the Oval Track. I'm probably sat at like... Between 4,000 and 5,000... So only another 20,000 to go! 1f602.png

For some reason, I've got a bad feeling that Career and Freeplay will have separate counters too haha. 1f605.png

Could really do with an in-game tracker right now! Haha.

I guess that depends on how long you're willing to do it for haha. It would be easier on yourself but also make it take much longer. You can't leave the car to drive along the walls at the Oval Track at full speed either as it just completely slows you down unfortunately haha! But yeah, I guess you could do that but I have no idea how long that would take.

The tracker is definitely needed. This is going to be an absolute ballache, and been ignored by the twitter page and on the forums for the game.

2 hours ago, Pee-Wee_88 said:

The fastest car is like a Porsche / Audi hybrid car (not 100% sure on the name) And it goes at 260mph around the oval at Indianapolis.

The tracker is definitely needed. This is going to be an absolute ballache, and been ignored by the twitter page and on the forums for the game.

It's CodeMasters. They have never given a shit about their community.

Honestly I wouldn't grind this. If there are 3 seasons of content, they distance may well come naturally if you just play it as it comes out.

Personally I'll just wait until the inevitable complete edition and play then.

15 hours ago, f40f50gt said:

I'm thinking of just using the Renault R26 and just do 99 laps around Indianapolis. I average about 43.5 seconds a lap. Unless there's any faster cars, I can reach about 218 mph.

11 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

What is currently the fastest car in the game? This grind for that trophy is going to be a pain.

1 hour ago, Pee-Wee_88 said:

Yep, the Porsche 917/30. It's listed under Invitational Category and then Group 7 Specials Class. It can hit 285mph if you change the gear ratio to longest. I haven't touched any other settings so I don't know if there's any more time to gain, but you can at least lap at 35 seconds.

I did try the Audi R8 1:1 since I remember seeing its power bar was full, but it wasn't as quick. (39 seconds.) Before that, I was also using the Renault R26. (40 seconds.)

5 hours ago, mika8276 said:

I suggested a tracker for this trophy at the official forum topic page

let's hope they listen

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43245-grid-modefeaturecontent-suggestions/?page=2

What cars are needed for the 'content tracker' trophy

is the 3000000$ f1 car one of them?

It was the last one I bought when I got the trophy but I had to get a bit more cash first. I then found out free play gives hardly anything, so personally I just ended up repeating the Fernando Alonso Showdown until I had enough haha.

12 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Yep, the Porsche 917/30. It's listed under Invitational Category and then Group 7 Specials Class. It can hit 285mph if you change the gear ratio to longest. I haven't touched any other settings so I don't know if there's any more time to gain, but you can at least lap at 35 seconds.

I did try the Audi R8 1:1 since I remember seeing its power bar was full, but it wasn't as quick. (39 seconds.) Before that, I was also using the Renault R26. (40 seconds.)

It was the last one I bought when I got the trophy but I had to get a bit more cash first. I then found out free play gives hardly anything, so personally I just ended up repeating the Fernando Alonso Showdown until I had enough haha.

Do the bonus cars from the ultimate edition count towards this?

Can you compare my list to the ones you own?

I made a topic here

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/80057-content-tracker-trophy-question/

Edited by mika8276

5 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Do we know if pressing restart after a race to redo it over again will continue counting the distance or is it best to just continue out and start a new race from the menu?

I wouldn't take the risk of pressing restart, we have no way of tracking it

Great to see a racing game thats got positive feedback catered towards the single player. Though due to devs releasing all kinds of dlc online requirement trophies, I think I may just hold out. 

I buy full price for my completion profile, but if its got online then I can hold out and buy it at next to nothing for my none completion. Wonder if its worth contacting the devs to find out?

4 hours ago, mika8276 said:

I wouldn't take the risk of pressing restart, we have no way of tracking it

Yeah thats ive been doing, until we get a tracker atleast. I'm also doing like 10 lap races 10 times at Indianapolis  instead of a max lap race, seems to not feel as bad because I get burnt out doing 99 lap races in 1 stretch aha

1 hour ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Yeah thats ive been doing, until we get a tracker atleast. I'm also doing like 10 lap races 10 times at Indianapolis  instead of a max lap race, seems to not feel as bad because I get burnt out doing 99 lap races in 1 stretch aha

Please let us know once you do unlock it - an estimate and recommended race settings that worked out best for you in the end.

I'm not overly optimistic about getting a PS tracker with the forum reply...

1 hour ago, Surgical_Assault said:

I know, 99 laps is long and boring

i'm doing 20 laps at a time with the Renault R26

I think it's going to be around 60 hours grind at the oval track and that discourages me

how many km is career anyway, i don't think i have driven 2000 km

3 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Literally how I've been doing it haha. 10 Lap races but 5 rounds. Then repeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mika8276 said:

I know, 99 laps is long and boring

i'm doing 20 laps at a time with the Renault R26

I think it's going to be around 60 hours grind at the oval track and that discourages me

how many km is career anyway, i don't think i have driven 2000 km

60 hours of just driving round and round?!

Guess I won’t be getting the plat ?

• Like 2