Commited to the Cause in 2019

Just earned that trophy and finally got my Platinum. Boy, it is tedious.

I don't even wanna look at the MP screen anymore, but I think I've played about 17~ hours of it.

• Saw a bunch of posts around internet saying that the game has a XP bonus for the first 20min of play time/day. Don't know where that is now, but I was earning around 6.5k XP per Wolfpack private match.

• All Rounder is a problem. Assassinate and Domination Games are a real pain to matchmake. Took around 3 days to find one, without boosting. The other modes are not so bad.

• Challenges are your best friend here, especially on late levels. Grab yourself a sheet, and note what challenges you wanna complete. Most of them gives 3k XP when you complete the Gold tier, so that's half a match you don't have to be playing.

Hope that's some help to anyone trying to earn it on 2019. As for me, won't even touch it again on my PS3 or buy DLC's. Great game, done with it!

• Like 3

Spanish player still playing AC Black Flag you can find in Community if the all round only still you need you should keep search I’m done the game long time in PS3 I hope I can help you but I can’t also the server game down and multiplayer not much fun 

good luck

Edited by SoundDreams

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Game Lab is still completely dead. Problem is it's difficult to group four strangers together in a game, especially when they all have to cooperate.

Ironically that is the first trophy I got from the entire multiplayer when I started playing the game earlier this year: I was helping a friend of mine with the MP trophies while getting them myself. I don't remember how I got it exactly, but it must've been because he invited me on a Game Lab session and we managed to complete it.

But seeing how you phrased your post, I guess you don't like (or don't want) to boost, so yeah, it's going to be pretty difficult finding other person playing that session casually.

• Like 1

Honestly a trick I've discovered when searching for specific game modes (such as game lab and that stupid Assassination mode which noone ever plays) .. either check the Boosting Sessions and see when people are more likely to connect (no need to join yourself, just pull a  "Hello there" during playtime, I doubt they would mind an extra player), or sacrifice 2 hours per day to search a game during the "rush hours". For example I found lots of Game Lab sessions around 8-10 PM GMT time (UK hour). Outside of that hour...no chance, I barely even found Manhunt matches. It's that sweet spot after dinner - before sleep where people connect.

It might be a pretty obvious solution but apparently this works the best. Surprisingly, the activity is pretty lazy during weekends. I assume people would rather play something else.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

6.500 per match??

Around that, yes, from my first match of the day to the last. Private Wolfpack, standard difficulty with 25 sequences. Wasn't so focused on getting the match challenges like Do Aerial Kill. They don't seem to add a ton of extra XP on your final score.

45 minutes ago, Thinger95 said:

Around that, yes, from my first match of the day to the last. Private Wolfpack, standard difficulty with 25 sequences. Wasn't so focused on getting the match challenges like Do Aerial Kill. They don't seem to add a ton of extra XP on your final score.

Uhhh, I focused on those challenges of doing specific things, locking with L1/L2, mostly waiting for the +400 bonus per kill for stealth approach and trying to get x2 hidden bonus or 1.5x acrobatic bonus while using smoke bomb 50 times and whatever challeges, and I made around 40-42 thousand points per 12-15 min matches. My best match was 46.000 in 10 minutes

49 minutes ago, Thinger95 said:

Private Wolfpack, standard difficulty with 25 sequences

I was playing this too. Were you really getting only 6500 per match??? You can't run like crazy to the targets, the point is slowly get close to the and make kills worth a lot of points.

7 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Uhhh, I focused on those challenges of doing specific things, locking with L1/L2, mostly waiting for the +400 bonus per kill for stealth approach and trying to get x2 hidden bonus or 1.5x acrobatic bonus while using smoke bomb 50 times and whatever challeges, and I made around 40-42 thousand points per 12-15 min matches. My best match was 46.000 in 10 minutes

I was playing this too. Were you really getting only 6500 per match??? You can't run like crazy to the targets, the point is slowly get close to the and make kills worth a lot of points.

Yea, I was playing just like you! Made around 42k points permatch, which translated to 6.5k XP/match. I was mostly focusing on Hidden bonus, as I felt that Acrobatic was too volatile.

Besides that, my main focus was the Challenges, like Use Poison etc. I felt that a more reliable source of XP.

Committed to the Cause is easy but tedious. Did it on PS3 very recently, not looking forward to starting it all again on PS4, which I have to do soon.

Do the modes for All Rounder have to be public or can I boost it with a second PS3 in private matches? It seems that I can use the weapons and abilities in private matches and they count, but what about the modes?

Edited by Stan Lee

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Do the modes for All Rounder have to be public or can I boost it with a second PS3 in private matches? It seems that I can use the weapons and abilities in private matches and they count, but what about the modes?

Abilities can be used in private, if counts. I guess the modes can be done in private matches, but I don't have any friends who plays AC mp, so I suffered through public.

1 hour ago, Thinger95 said:

Yea, I was playing just like you! Made around 42k points permatch, which translated to 6.5k XP/match. I was mostly focusing on Hidden bonus, as I felt that Acrobatic was too volatile.

Besides that, my main focus was the Challenges, like Use Poison etc. I felt that a more reliable source of XP.

Then I guess it's me not understanding you. How is 42k per match the same as 6.5k per match? I played on Saba island always and when you have to protect the chest the acrobatic challenge always popped and on that map there was a tree where you would sit and have the guy right below you and it counted as acrobatic

6 minutes ago, Thinger95 said:

Abilities can be used in private, if counts. I guess the modes can be done in private matches, but I don't have any friends who plays AC mp, so I suffered through public.

If I remember correctly modes need to be public, for abilities they can be private.

I played through all mp stuff twice and it wasn't that bad tbh, just the fact that you can do almost everything alone makes it very easy, yeah it takes a while but at least you don't waste time waiting on people to finally start a game like in ac brotherhood, I recently boosted brotherhood and it was tedious af, I'd rather play trough black flag mp 5 times than ever play brotherhood again. It was so hard to find dedicated players and even when we had there was always someone very fucking selfish that left after he got to 50, so yeah play trough brotherhood and then complain about black flag??

You can easily boost dlc and lab trophies in like 30 mins with a 4 man party.

I actually found Wolfpack on black flag really fun, It gets boring after 20 games but it's still better than other games modes or Wolfpack on ac 3 

Oh and for anyone going for a commited to the cause, try to complete as many challenges as you can, it really makes things faster and always play on the same map because it's easier if you get used to spawn points and stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Then I guess it's me not understanding you. How is 42k per match the same as 6.5k per match? I played on Saba island always and when you have to protect the chest the acrobatic challenge always popped and on that map there was a tree where you would sit and have the guy right below you and it counted as acrobatic

Points and XP are two different things. I scored 42k points, but earned 6.5k XP at the end of the match.

• Like 1