Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

54 minutes ago, Roundtoad said:

Yup. TTOffline is the way to go for those who don't (or can't) play the Auction House mini game. For every 10 games I usually open the vault 4 times, and each open is a guaranteed 10 Tokens or 5K MT (forced to quick sell the GO card if you already have it). The games take between 3-5 minutes depending on your strategy and cards, It is slow, it is messy, and the AH will still net you more MT for less time, but if 2K just reintroduced Heat Check packs as a possible vault reward, everyone still reading this thread would have less anxiety LOL.

I've done some AH trading but not a lot. Just anxious with committing MT to cards for trading over buying Heat Checks while they're available and at "lowish" prices. They've gone up 2-3k in price each week after GOAT packs were first released.

one question about the spotlight rewards...

i noticed that some of the reward cards are unobtainable because they were a part of the moments challenges (or something like that) and since that was on rotation every week, there are now many  cards that cannot be gained ( ruby reward Coby White). 

my question is....is there any chance that somewhere down the line (i'm talking like a year from now) they also remove some of the spotlight challenges and those cards become unobtainable as well....

my plan is to use the action house up to the moment where i can fill the rest  of the cards with spotlight rewards and then make a big break from the game (i'm so tired and sick from the AH grind) and then maybe a year later, return and just play those spolight challenges and get the final cards that way. 

Just finished domination completely, and I only have 95 cards left!! I’m heading to the finish line thankfully!! I have GOAT Durant and GOAT Yao on the AH rn so I’m hoping to use those proceeds to buy a bunch more heat check cards. It’s been encouraging to see the supply of heat checks seems to have increased a little. 

1 hour ago, Malex595 said:

i noticed that some of the reward cards are unobtainable because they were a part of the moments challenges (or something like that) and since that was on rotation every week, there are now many  cards that cannot be gained ( ruby reward Coby White). 

my question is....is there any chance that somewhere down the line (i'm talking like a year from now) they also remove some of the spotlight challenges and those cards become unobtainable as well....

my plan is to use the action house up to the moment where i can fill the rest  of the cards with spotlight rewards and then make a big break from the game (i'm so tired and sick from the AH grind) and then maybe a year later, return and just play those spolight challenges and get the final cards that way. 

I’d imagine they wouldn’t take the spotlights out , not at this point at least. With 2k21 out, the devs most likely won’t be updating/changing much about 20, so you’ll just have to try to save and be lucky and you MAY be able to snag one of the cards from the AH to do the spotlight challenges if possible 

Guys, I will explain what's your problem. If one of you need Heat Check cards (that are very rare now) and the other one is sniping them to make profit, then none of you will ever finish this. Let me explain closer. If a guy who is missing this HC card has to pay 9k (to buy it from one of you) instead of 3k, he will waste 3 times more time to get his Ultimate Collector and that means he will block about 2000 cards that you might use to complete your collections. You have to cooperate. Try to swap your cards using AH or something like that and ofc don't lock cards to get Tokens.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, Malex595 said:

Do you mean the Spotlight Player Challenges or Spotlight Sims?

With Sims, come back whenever you can be bothered. There's about ~80 cards there that won't expire.

If you haven't done any of the Spotlight Player ones, I'd suggest getting those done ASAP, as you need cards from the packs. Andre Iguodala series is near impossible to finish atm as Andrew Bogut is practically extinct. I've seen 2 on the market this week going for 220k+.

On a positive note, Heat Checks have come down in price. Been buying them today for 7k.

29 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

Do you mean the Spotlight Player Challenges or Spotlight Sims?

With Sims, come back whenever you can be bothered. There's about ~80 cards there that won't expire.

If you haven't done any of the Spotlight Player ones, I'd suggest getting those done ASAP, as you need cards from the packs. Andre Iguodala series is near impossible to finish atm as Andrew Bogut is practically extinct. I've seen 2 on the market this week going for 220k+.

On a positive note, Heat Checks have come down in price. Been buying them today for 7k.

Do you know if there is any other way to acquire Bogey? I checked the Deluxe Iggy Pack and assumed he would be there with everyone else, but nada.

17 minutes ago, Roundtoad said:

Do you know if there is any other way to acquire Bogey? I checked the Deluxe Iggy Pack and assumed he would be there with everyone else, but nada.

Unfortunately it's only through the AH. Him and Elton Brand are left off the Iggy packs for some reason. Udonis Haslem is left out of the Dwyane Wade packs.

Don't understand why. I bought them and completed their challenges ASAP when I realised that, but that was back in July.

• Like 1

On 14.09.2020 at 11:55 AM, Malex595 said:

dude, most players lock in their sets to get tokens or additional cards. so swapping cards as you say is not as easy as you suggest 

Then enjoy finishing this if you keep blocking cards away from each other. I didn't lock a single team (but one by accident when I was selling my cards away), didn't finish half of domination and most of Spotlight, still was able to complete GOAT without expensive cards. You don't need these few cards and tokens. You need to lock 25 teams to get single Opal from Token Rewards? Am I right? It's really not worth. And if you lock sets, then don't whine about skyrocketing prices. You are one of the reasons of increasing prices.

You better find a group of 3 people and start swapping cards. Remember if it is hard for you to complete this now, it will only become harder and harder over the time. I've spent like 2,5m MTs to reach 2500 cards and the other 2,5m to get remaining 400 cards.

Edited by SaviorKIA

7 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

do you need the entire sets of cards to complete those challenges?

can you for example have most of them and plan to do, say 10 challenges per Spotlight Player and thus gain 2 cards instead of four per each Spotlight Player Challenge?

haven't done almost any of those yet, so have no idea what are re restrictions for each challenge

do you need the entire sets of cards to complete those challenges?

can you for example have most of them and plan to do, say 10 challenges per Spotlight Player and thus gain 2 cards instead of four per each Spotlight Player Challenge?

haven't done almost any of those yet, so have no idea what are re restrictions for each challenge

Just pasting the Jeremy Lin guide as an example.

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k20-myteam-jeremy-lin-spotlight-series-guide/

Player requirements do vary per series, but usually, the only time you need the entire set is for the final game. You should be able to get fairly far in most series with the lower level cards, with exception of Iggy and Wade due to Bogut and Haslem being required very early and either extinct or very expensive.

Reason I say to do these ASAP is others might be trying to complete these too so you can still sell them back when you're done. Judging by the bidding war I saw on Bogut, there are people still trying to complete these.

Edited by kevinyang82

7 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

Then enjoy finishing this if you keep blocking cards away from each other. I didn't lock a single team (but one by accident when I was selling my cards away), didn't finish half of domination and most of Spotlight, still was able to complete GOAT without expensive cards. You don't need these few cards and tokens. You need to lock 25 teams to get single Opal from Token Rewards? Am I right? It's really not worth. And if you lock sets, then don't whine about skyrocketing prices. You are one of the reasons of increasing prices.

You better find a group of 3 people and start swapping cards. Remember if it is hard for you to complete this now, it will only become harder and harder over the time. I've spent like 2,5m MTs to reach 2500 cards and the other 2,5m to get remaining 400 cards.

I did lock away my sets earlier as the cards were almost discard prices when I bought them, so wasn't a big deal. I'm 4 PD token players away from obtaining the fireball so that's a few free cards there.

Since 2k21 released, I haven't locked anything away. Plan to resell the Heat Checks when I'm finally done, but will probably keep my Premium Sets if I can buy some of the expensive GOAT cards just from HC sales.

I'm down to 155 cards to go, but the cheapest is about 6k for Amethysts or Diamonds.

i think i should be fine even without most of those player spotlight rewards...some of those challenges do seem tough, so it's not worth the effort IMO. 

Another question, at this point, there is no way of getting career highlights collection, right? from what i saw, those were only available through locker codes a couple of months ago? 

Yeah Career highlights were either reward or locker code only

Im on around 2300 and keen to get this finished, but sadly wasn't thinking of the wider goal and have locked any full sets ive made

Im sat with 850k MT and happy to coordinate with someone try and get this done by swapping cards etc

The market prices rocketed but have started to slowly stop rising, so im hoping they do start to come back down a little

Im gutted that when the market crashed pre 2k21 release i was still concentrating on making MT rather than just spending a ton of it buying cheap cards, i may have been close to done if i had

Edited by HedleyNEUK

The sets that i've locked are the series 1 and series 2 teams -i'm not sellling those anyway. and to get the tokens and then opening Lights Out packs uing the AH with the duplicate cards are making some MT, it's all wotht it - i dont mind spending 8-9k on cards in the AH now.

Sellling diamond shoes has helped huge too, buying cheap and then flipping them works out to be great. Has dried up lately though,.

so many methods have become obsolete. i have made decent MT for about a month buying only silver cards from series 1 for under 1k and then selling them from a profit of 1-4k. Not a lot, but buying and selling 50 of those at a time was really good for my MT balance at the end of the day...

so many methods have become obsolete. i have made decent MT for about a month buying only silver cards from series 1 for under 1k and then selling them from a profit of 1-4k. Not a lot, but buying and selling 50 of those at a time was really good for my MT balance at the end of the day...

I do this too, but in between waiting for my cards to sell, I grind the hell out of Triple Threat Offline - I don't know if 2K bumped the chances of opening the vault, but it has been opening far more frequently lately (could just be me), and when it does open it's either 10 tokens or 5k MT, so can't go wrong with the extra coinage. 

Prior to 2k21 releasing, my method was buying 20 stack of contracts and them splitting them up to sell back. Make a fair bit, but now that's obsolete.

Now I'm mostly running TTOffline, finishing up Spotlight Sims, and selling any duplicates I get from the login packs.

Wish they changed the login packs each week, but looks like we're stuck with Flash 7, Leap Year Deluxe and Kevin Durant Prime packs every week now.

2 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

No one grinding TTOnline like me? You get plenty of MT and packs by winning too.

Offline is good, but the vault doesnt open for me as much (myabe only 20% of the time)

I was playing online, but I don't have the best TT players plus I'm not very good in the online modes. Well, I do only use my 3 taller GO cards with Diamond Contracts.

Some nights I can go 0-10 as I'm matched up against GOAT Durant, LeBron and Yao.

I'm only on 600ish wins on Offline, so I'm trying to finish the 1000 wins there.

Edited by kevinyang82

21 hours ago, Malex595 said:

i think i should be fine even without most of those player spotlight rewards...some of those challenges do seem tough, so it's not worth the effort IMO. 

Another question, at this point, there is no way of getting career highlights collection, right? from what i saw, those were only available through locker codes a couple of months ago? 

If you get the Nets playbook, you can use Quick Through STS which make majority of the challenges a piece of cake.

Only ones I found troublesome were Dirk 19 rebounds as he is slow and cannot jump, and Dwight Howard 9 blocks.