Downgrading to 1.00

mymicisdead-

1 hour ago, mymicisdead- said:

That sounds like downgrading digital version.

there’s more to doing the digital version, but it’s similar. Your disc should have 1.00 on it. Installing the disc gives you 1.00. It’s not more complicated than that. 

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

I was under the impression you cannot downgrade a digital version.  That would be how you downgrade the disc version.

some good info here if you’re curious:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For this particular game, you need to have the regular disc version to go all the way down to 1.00. Special Edition is past 1.00 as a result of having DLC in it and from what I've heard, the digital version was hard-patched, so even the base download can't go all the way to 1.00. There may be a way to get 1.00 anyway through an old download link and the PS4 methods for getting specific patches of a game, though I doubt anyone has those links, especially when you can get a regular disc version for literally $10.

• 4 months later...
On 07/05/2020 at 6:27 PM, GoldPickle1080 said:

I'm curious, why would somebody want to play ver 1.0?

I did it because there’s an easy way to unlock the A Guy Called Quest trophy by accessing the first version of the game.

Among the many bugs/exploits that existed upon launch was a “God Glitch” where players could edit the Story/Adventure mode levels and by doing this it was possible to use quest tweakers to activate/complete all of the quests. More information can be found in the trophy guide on this site.

EDIT: Didn’t realise this topic is for LBP2 and not LBP3.

Edited by Slim Vanilla

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2020 at 5:03 AM, Slim Vanilla said:

I did it because there’s an easy way to unlock the A Guy Called Quest trophy by accessing the first version of the game.

Among the many bugs/exploits that existed upon launch was a “God Glitch” where players could edit the Story/Adventure mode levels and by doing this it was possible to use quest tweakers to activate/complete all of the quests. More information can be found in the trophy guide on this site.

i looked into this and that quest is in lbp3 not 2. 

is there any other reason to downgrade part 2 that anyone knows of?

12 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

is there any other reason to downgrade part 2 that anyone knows of?

For LBP2, there's an exploit in 1.00 that lets you pretty much skip through the story and ace everything along the way.

I used this back when I got my plat for the game. Combined with the community levels that give you 99% of the prize bubbles, it pretty much takes most of the skill-based difficulty out of the platinum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

For LBP2, there's an exploit in 1.00 that lets you pretty much skip through the story and ace everything along the way.

I used this back when I got my plat for the game. Combined with the community levels that give you 99% of the prize bubbles, it pretty much takes most of the skill-based difficulty out of the platinum.

thanks. i got the digital version but maybe ill get the disc since i lost my original save. 

also i dont think the community level prize bubbles work. in part 1 i got them to work, but in part 2 all the prize levels i go to none of them seem to move the pin progress or pop the trophy. but it looks like with that glitch you can just hover to the bubbles in story mode guess?

Edited by melodicmizery

On 31/01/2021 at 2:17 PM, melodicmizery said:

Oops, I completely forgot to check which game forum this topic is for when I wrote this.

16 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

also i dont think the community level prize bubbles work. in part 1 i got them to work, but in part 2 all the prize levels i go to none of them seem to move the pin progress or pop the trophy. but it looks like with that glitch you can just hover to the bubbles in story mode guess?

The quote below is from my reply to the OP of another topic on the LBP2 forum here on PSNP where I “explain” the conditions of unlocking the 100% prize bubble trophies from community timesavers. In short, you cannot unlock the pin/trophy outside of story levels, collecting your last prize bubble must be done naturally in a story level after avoiding said prize when playing the community levels. This rule applies to both the base game and DLC trophies.

You're issue is likely caused because under normal circumstances story pins aren't supposed to be unlocked outside of their intended environment but all the other pin categories (general, create, share, secret etc.) can show up on screen when their requirements are met in different places. Seeing as you're at 100% progress with the pin but no trophy you'll want to start a new save for the prize bubbles, of course back-up your existing profile if you care about your progress with other trophies.

A workaround I did on my old account for the Base Game, Cross Controller and DC Comics prize bubble trophies is to collect the prizes from these community timesavers but the last prize(s) you get to achieve 100% pin progress must be collected in the story levels themselves (unlocking pins in the correct environment as previously mentioned). To begin, start a story level and take note of a prize you have not collected, collect the prizes from those community levels but avoid the noted prize, then go back to the story level and collect that prize and the pin/trophy should unlock.

Reminder to all that trophies rely on their associated pins to unlock, they don't follow their own requirements that match a specific pin.

Edited by Slim Vanilla
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 11:31 PM, Walt the Dog said:

i decided to try this for the hell of it and i cant get it to work im not sure why. at 1.34 in the video he attaches a object that i dont have in my inventory and they dont show how to get it. ive tried tinkering with a few other ways but i can never get anything to stick to sackboy when the box drops on him. the box itself will stick, but i can never get a emitter or hologram to stick. it never pulls into the pod. it would be cool if someone had a better quality tutorial. i saw one guy speedrun and he attached a scoreboard to the emitter but i still couldnt get that to stick either