MGR:R keeps crashing

I've had no issues with the game before today. I've been playing through the fourth chapter and on three separate occasions this game has caused my PS3 to shut off out of the blue. Once during the elevator fight and twice during the part where you're hopping from Slider to Slider. The red light on the front of my PS3 keeps blinking until I press it. This has all happened over the course of an hour or so.

Anyone else have similar issues with the game and does anyone have any idea what I can do to prevent it? This is my first time experiencing something like this with my PS3. It's ruining what has otherwise been a very enjoyable experience so far.

32 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I don't think it's the game. That sounds like your PS3 is overheating.

I tried restoring the file system through safe mode as well as rebuilding the database.. no luck, the PS3 continues to crash. I'll try again tomorrow, if not I guess I'll switch to my spare PS3. What a pain.

26 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Pretty much this right here. I have the game and have no encountered the issues you’re currently having. Better backup all your data. 

Good idea, thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

I tried restoring the file system through safe mode as well as rebuilding the database.. no luck, the PS3 continues to crash. I'll try again tomorrow, if not I guess I'll switch to my spare PS3. What a pain.

Good idea, thanks for the reminder.

I hope you resolve your issues mate because the game is great in my opinion.

And if for some reason you're having problems with some trophy, feel free to grab links posted down. They helped me a lot.

5 minutes ago, X_Wizi_X said:

And if for some reason you're having problems with some trophy, feel free to grab links posted down. They helped me a lot.

As do I. The cutscene before the Monsoon fight was completely badass, best moment of the game so far. Cheers for the link, I'll keep it bookmarked for when I eventually start to make progress towards the platinum. Let's hope I can get this sorted soon ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@sepheroithisgod @kidson2004 @X_Wizi_X I swapped to my spare PS3 after I made this post and everything was going smoothly until tonight. Now the issue I am having is that the games audio will cut out, but everything else continues on as normal. However.. once I reach the next part (for example I'm currently fighting the final boss and once I reach the next stage of the fight) the game will get stuck in a black screen. It won't freeze outright but I can't even turn off the PS3 after holding down the PS button, my only option is to remove the disc and start over. I couldn't really find any information about this online so I'm asking if any of you have an idea what's happening now? Is it time to say goodbye to another PS3?

5 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

@sepheroithisgod @kidson2004 @X_Wizi_X I swapped to my spare PS3 after I made this post and everything was going smoothly until tonight. Now the issue I am having is that the games audio will cut out, but everything else continues on as normal. However.. once I reach the next part (for example I'm currently fighting the final boss and once I reach the next stage of the fight) the game will get stuck in a black screen. It won't freeze outright but I can't even turn off the PS3 after holding down the PS button, my only option is to remove the disc and start over. I couldn't really find any information about this online so I'm asking if any of you have an idea what's happening now? Is it time to say goodbye to another PS3?

Maybe it's the disc? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, panikooooos said:

Maybe it's the disc? 

Yeah maybe. I'll try again tomorrow and if the problem persists I guess I'll go and order a new game. I've never had an issue with a PS3 before this game and now I've encountered 2 separate problems in a space of a couple of weeks so it just might be the disc. Frustrating ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

Yeah maybe. I'll try again tomorrow and if the problem persists I guess I'll go and order a new game. I've never had an issue with a PS3 before this game and now I've encountered 2 separate problems in a space of a couple of weeks so it just might be the disc. Frustrating 1f620.png

I think @panikooooos is right mate. I played the digital version and never had a single freeze or audio problems. For example I had to buy 3 (3!) copies of FarCry 2. One digital and two on disc. The digital version on many occasions gives the famous singleplayer diamonds bug and one of my retail version had a lot of freeze and random crash, so I had to buy a third version on disc (to avoid the bug) to play it, finally, in a normal way

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2019 at 11:25 PM, X_Wizi_X said:

Do you remember what difficulty you played on for the Armstrong fight in Sam's DLC? I'm trying to no damage it on Revengeance but the last segment is incredibly difficult. He's too unpredictable, not to mention to camera issues you face with that bullshit fiery dash move. I'm not entirely sure if switching to Hard would be any easier, because you're damage output would be a lot less I'm assuming.

3 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Do you remember what difficulty you played on for the Armstrong fight in Sam's DLC? I'm trying to no damage it on Revengeance but the last segment is incredibly difficult. He's too unpredictable, not to mention to camera issues you face with that bullshit fiery dash move. I'm not entirely sure if switching to Hard would be any easier, because you're damage output would be a lot less I'm assuming.

Hi. If you mean the "You're hired" trophy I played on hard mode and you are right. I remember I watched something like 5-6 different videos on YT and when I tried to replicate their combat style I wasn't able to do almost nothing as those videos.

The fire/magma-combat section was completely different from videos and random for example. It took me more than a day of try and fail and in my case it was the worst part of the whole game.

Edit: someone said that playing that battle without patches will make it easier and pretty similar to those videos, but I had (have) the digital version so I couldn't try

Edited by X_Wizi_X

44 minutes ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Hi. If you mean the "You're hired" trophy I played on hard mode and you are right. I remember I watched something like 5-6 different videos on YT and when I tried to replicate their combat style I wasn't able to do almost nothing as those videos.

The fire/magma-combat section was completely different from videos and random for example. It took me more than a day of try and fail and in my case it was the worst part of the whole game.

Edit: someone said that playing that battle without patches will make it easier and pretty similar to those videos, but I had (have) the digital version so I couldn't try

Hey, I just beat him on Revengeance mode with no damage. Got the speed run trophy as well. It was absolute hell on earth. He spammed his fiery dash move three times but I managed to hold my nerve. Luckily for me he did one of his area of effect attacks allowing me to take of a good chunk of his health. You're at the mercy of the AI for most of it. If he does his fiery dash move and you are in a bad location it's almost guaranteed to spin out the camera resulting in you taking damage through no fault of your own. The minuscule window of opportunity to taunt him doesn't make things any easier. Glad that's over, nothing in the main game comes close to the difficulty of that battle!

Yeah, I agree, none of the videos I watched were of any help. They are all facing a different enemy than we are, he's completely buffed up in the 1.04 version. Sam's DLC in general is a completely different ball game when compared to the main game.

Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

Hey, I just beat him on Revengeance mode with no damage. Got the speed run trophy as well. It was absolute hell on earth. He spammed his fiery dash move three times but I managed to hold my nerve. Luckily for me he did one of his area of effect attacks allowing me to take of a good chunk of his health. You're at the mercy of the AI for most of it. If he does his fiery dash move and you are in a bad location it's almost guaranteed to spin out the camera resulting in you taking damage through no fault of your own. The minuscule window of opportunity to taunt him doesn't make things any easier. Glad that's over, nothing in the main game comes close to the difficulty of that battle!

Yeah, I agree, none of the videos I watched were of any help. They are all facing a different enemy than we are, he's completely buffed up in the 1.04 version. Sam's DLC in general is a completely different ball game when compared to the main game.

Yep, the camera sometimes is just too slow and doesn't follow the action, making the whole fight a mess. And yes, it was the hardest battle in the whole game.

Congrats mate! 

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 1