To those who are new from Zero, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and now on the remaster collection of Yakuza 3

DaveMcDamage

• 3 months later...

Yakuza 3 has been my least favourite of the series so far, the combat was a pain in the arse, and it had a few technical issues too which is a bit out of the ordinary compared to my experience with 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and 4. The story of Yakuza 3 was a bit weak in my opinion too, it felt like they didn't have much inspiration of the story, but they still had to just release another Yakuza game because reasons. Thankfully Yakuza 4 was a return to form in my opinion and i loved it.

I'm making a dent in Yakuza 5 right now and i'm loving it just as much as 4 and i'm glad it continues playable stories for the other characters that were introduced there too.

• Like 2

I swear to God, every damn fight in this game sucks on Hard Mode. I am now in the middle of the Hitman missions and, oh my God, i've never experienced so much boredom and pain in a Yakuza game until now. I'm even scared of walking on the streets, 'cause even a random fight against 2 enemy makes me feel tired of playing...

I really hope that the combat in Yakuza 4 is better than this.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 26/11/2019 at 8:54 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Trophy unlocked for long f**king title thread eh? Mwahahahahar!

Anyway. You new guys  who are finally getting to play Yakuza 3, and like me, probably started with Zero and the Kiwami remakes of Yakuza and Yakuza 2 as your first Yakuza gaming experiences, had some amazing gaming from the series and couldn't wait to finally play Yakuza 3, 4, 5 and then end the saga with Yakuza 6. Well thanks to the remaster collection that is now possible.... Woot!

Anyhoo. You probably like a trophy or two and no doubt had a sneak peak at the trophy guide for the PS4 Yakuza 3 remaster and noticed you can cut down on playthroughs by playing hard mode first to unlock legend mode. I super recommend you do not do this

Just a few moments ago I finished my first ever playthrough of Yakuza 3 remaster, but unlike the first three games for PS4, Y3R was a total dogs**t experience. Now what I am talking about here is hard mode and how it was handled by the devs. Usually hard modes means it takes longer to kill the enemies and less time to kill you right? Well in Y3R its not like that. What hard mode does is basically make every standard enemy block, lets say, 6-7 of your combo hits. This isn't once in a while, this is every f**king fight from the get go and trust me, in the 69 hours it took for my first playthrough on hard, 68 of them were f**king boring.  Its not even that hard mode is difficult, its just really f**king boring, forces your to use the same two-three moves out of a massive list and just kills that Yakuza experiences you got from the other PS4 games in the series when playing on hard or legend.

When you complete the game you then unlock premium mode and on premium mode it switched the difficulty to normal. I just spent 30 awesome minutes kicking arse and enjoying all that combat than I did in the entire first playthrough. 

So if you really want that 100% completion for Yakuza 3, please consider your first playthrough being put on normal. You will enjoy every fight like you did in Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2, and then when you beat all substories you unlock the golden gun which is supposed to be really useful in hard and legend modes if your want speed that up.

The mini-games will still kick your arse with the rng calculator anyway, so even if you piss through hard and legend, at least you had a damn good time on normal mode and then ripped all your pubes out when going for the mini-game completions. I already ordered my nutsack wig off Ebay for these mother f**kers. 

Some may agree and disagree. But always remember.... 

Angry gingers are right about this kind of s**t. 

Just to say thanks for saving my sanity with this.

For those interested in how it might compare, my normal 100% playthrough (including non-trophy stuff) took 79 hours and the two subsequent playthroughs took four hours each with all the weapons and skill upgrades. Well worth it.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had just finished Kiwami 2 after playing Zero and Kiwami, so Yakuza 3 Remaster 2009 mechanic hit me hard (Especially the first boss), yet still enjoy the story in the game and the Revelation system almost makes up for Mini games hurt me, especially the Bowling and Crane game.

Hopefully Yakuza 3 will one day see a Kiwami Remake using the Dragon Engine, so more people can enjoy this title.

Edited by Artemisthemp