Games With New Developers

DJ12302

Am I the only one who is mad at developers who sell their title to someone else??? Like the newest Sly game that I have been looking forward to. In the past there was crash and spyro, and I know there's more. They just ruin the game in my opinion. Do you agree?

I really don't think that it's necissarily a bad thing. For example, if the developers are bored with one particular franchise and the fans really want a new game from said franchise, they just might make it crap since they don't want to do it.

As for the Sly situation, i'm sure that Sanzaru will make it great since they quite obviously like the games since they remade the first three, and i'm sure that whilst doing so they learned a lot about sly and the gang and how they act and behave. Also Sucker Punch is keeping an eye on them so i wouldn't worry ;)

• Like 2

Most of the time it leads to trouble, I'll give you that. Valve pawning the PS3 version of Orange Box off to EA or whoever comes to mind. But look at games like Fallout: New Vegas. Obsidian did the development work on that, and despite being a buggy mess, it was far more enjoyable than Fallout 3 IMO.

I look at it in a case by case basis. The developers that sell their IP and don't even check to see how the new developers are treating it usually lead to crappy games, but when a developer, like Sucker Punch, makes sure the game is up to their standards the games generally turn out to be very good.

Parker

I really don't think that it's necissarily a bad thing. For example, if the developers are bored with one particular franchise and the fans really want a new game from said franchise, they just might make it crap since they don't want to do it.

As for the Sly situation, i'm sure that Sanzaru will make it great since they quite obviously like the games since they remade the first three, and i'm sure that whilst doing so they learned a lot about sly and the gang and how they act and behave. Also Sucker Punch is keeping an eye on them so i wouldn't worry ;)

Ya I wouldn't worry either, it'll be good.

I look at it in a case by case basis. The developers that sell their IP and don't even check to see how the new developers are treating it usually lead to crappy games, but when a developer, like Sucker Punch, makes sure the game is up to their standards the games generally turn out to be very good.

Parker

You make a good point, and I agree 100%. As long as the developer who acquires the game/franchise is quality minded, it can be a positive for fans of that particular game/franchise.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who is mad at developers who sell their title to someone else??? Like the newest Sly game that I have been looking forward to. In the past there was crash and spyro, and I know there's more. They just ruin the game in my opinion. Do you agree?

In the examples of Crash and Spyro, the development teams didn't own the rights to the titles. These were breakthru games done by the development companies and they had to sign "less than optimum" contracts to get the financial backing for the games.