trophy thoughts?

Burgins

13 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Is this getting a physical copy? I got the other Star Ocean game on PS4, but unfortunately never completed it. I've always had a loose interest in the series, so I could give it another go with this game. 

It's digital only, it's the same for the Switch too.

I'm also extremely disappointed that there aren't physical copies of this game because it really deserves it. Square Enix have done much good and they have a lot of emotional and epic tales in their back pocket. I would love for others interested in having physical copies to bug them on social media and through their channels so they know the demand is there.

For example Resonance of Fate for PS 4 and Romancing Saga for Switch are getting English-language physical copies in South-East Asia. 

As for the trophies, I love the game but I don't know if I have a desire to replay it multiple times for the platinum. Multiple playthroughs kind of sucks the magic and emotional impact out of an experience. But as you say it doesn't seem as obnoxious as other Star Ocean trophy lists.

Edited by Cosmokeeper

On 04/12/2019 at 5:08 AM, ShonenCat said:

A remaster of the first Star Ocean? I can totally get behind this! :D I heard one of the games on PS3 has one of the most miserable platinum journeys imaginable. Hopefully none of that seeps it’s way to this one 1f605.png Wish there was physical copy of this, but what can you do?

You must mean Star Ocean IV Last Hope International , that was originally first releaeed on 360 and then ported to the PS3 as a more complete version i think. That sure looks like a super grinding and time-consuming plat to achieve , no wonder it's ultra rare , around 1% . I believe it's the only Star Ocean on last gen (360/PS3) , maybe not counting digital store ports from previous gens, not sure if there's any tbh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sigma999 said:

You must mean Star Ocean IV Last Hope International , that was originally first releaeed on 360 and then ported to the PS3 as a more complete version i think. That sure looks like a super grinding and time-consuming plat to achieve , no wonder it's ultra rare , around 1% . I believe it's the only Star Ocean on last gen (360/PS3) , maybe not counting digital store ports from previous gens, not sure if there's any tbh. 

Pretty sure Second Story was ported to PS3 as well but I believe you're right that it's the only Star Ocean that was released specifically for last gen

• Like 1

Pretty much we've seen one star ocean, per generation, since the SNES:

Star Ocean: SNES

Star Ocean 2: PS1

Star Ocean 3: PS2

Star Ocean 4: PS3

Star Ocean 5: PS4

I know that these are not "exclusively" linked to their generation, but it's been a pretty steady, one-game-per-generation policy from Tri-Ace.

But anyway, getting back to trophies, gamefaqs is reporting a minimum of 3 playthroughs to get the plat in this game (due to the way voices and pictures are added to your collections). Is this true?

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Pretty much we've seen one star ocean, per generation, since the SNES:

Star Ocean: SNES

Star Ocean 2: PS1

Star Ocean 3: PS2

Star Ocean 4: PS3

Star Ocean 5: PS5

I know that these are not "exclusively" linked to their generation, but it's been a pretty steady, one-game-per-generation policy from Tri-Ace.

But anyway, getting back to trophies, gamefaqs is reporting a minimum of 3 playthroughs to get the plat in this game (due to the way voices and pictures are added to your collections). Is this true?

Iirc voices and pictures for the characters are only added to the gallery once you beat the game, and since you can't recruit everyone in 1 playthrough, it takes a few. 

• Like 1

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Iirc voices and pictures for the characters are only added to the gallery once you beat the game, and since you can't recruit everyone in 1 playthrough, it takes a few. 

Well, it wouldn't be Star Ocean if you didn't have to play it 3 times, right? LOL.

I'll still get it, of course. My Tri-Ace trophy cabinet requires it!

• Like 1