RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

I feel a bit like @ThatMuttGuy even if I can understand how some trophy hunters can feel. Here are some thoughts to put a little in perspective:

1) CD Projekt has developed a card game which is quite interesting but card games are a rough environment (Magic, Hearthstone, Runeterra, etc.). We can understand that a company has to make difficult choices, for economic reasons. Moreover developers also have constraints from inside and they are not necessarily happy with orders coming from their hierarchy. I am pretty sure that the devs were not happy with that. So it seems completely childish and stupid to harass the developers. Seeing from outside, what image of trophy hunters are you giving to the gaming community and the developers? 

2) About Arena on ps4, most players interested in Gwent will move to GOG and do not care about trophies. As the developers said, Arena will not be okay since the matchmaking will get worse and worse (now psnprofiles say that less than 80 players are getting trophies during the last period). When I played match 7 or more on Arena, the matchmaking could already take till 3 minutes, so imagine in the current conditions. Then, the closure of the Arena mode seems normal.

3) For trophy hunters - I am speaking here to players not suffering from particular diseases - there are so many games to plat’, so take it easy, it is only one challenge which is gone, there are probably so much more outside. On my trophy list (apart FIFA games), it is the second game in which I was really interested to go missing after Top Spin 4. Yeah it feels bad man but it is also a part of your journey of trophy hunters and as life, it would be fake to believe it is perfect. 

In that sense, asking devs to give trophies seem i) a ridiculous idea and ii) unfair to other players / hunters. 

• Like 1

@AJ_-_808: please do not patronize with me (see your first sentence) as you already did with other players before in the topic, you do not have the monopoly of truth. For the record, I am Prestige 3 in the game, have more than 1000 wins, got "Apple of His Eye" on my second try (and have written incidentally the trophy guide here, do you believe it is nice to see the closure of a game only one month after your guide is released?). 

I said that I understand the reasons invoked above, it is a waste of time to write it again. 

1) It is true they have done the things badly by announcing very shortly the closure of consoles version, which is the bad point. But as I explained in my previous post, every player who played seriously the Arena and how the specific matchmaking works for this mode can understand why they close them (and could easily suspect it). I also agree for the final season.

2) Which trophies have they changed? (I am speaking about Gwent)

3) Do you know the history and the context of Gwent? (the beta version, problems of the game which is still not well-balanced at a e-sport level, how CD Projekt does not give all they have to give the chance the game deserved, that the developers have most probably the hands tight on Gwent and CDPR focus now on a "little" game named Cyberpunk 2077) CDPR is not EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda for their resources.

To be short, CDPR has a really bad communication and organization about Gwent and has not known from the beginning how much resources they want to spend on it. There are probably different persons struggling at the head about Gwent and at the end, the players pay the consequences, here the trophy hunters.

4) Some players said CD Projekt robbed them. BUT do not forget that Gwent is a free-to-play, and so  has micro-transactions. How much money you have spent on this game is up top you. 

5) Gwent is a mp game. As for all mp games, most of the trophy hunters know the mp trophies can be locked at some time (see Top Spin 4, Uncharted TLOU on ps3, etc.).

6) For players who appreciate the game, it is still possible to transfer the data, do not forget that. Inevitably, this has consequences on Arena and matchmaking since a lot of players have immediately moved to some GOG account.

• Like 2

They removed the Arena, but today I got a daily quest. Win 3 Arena rounds... ?

@djipps: They changed the requirement for the 5 fraction leader. They removed the leader cards a while ago, and then the trophy was unobtainable. They changed the requirement to get 5 leader skins. You must unlock at least one of each leader skin in the gift book. This is also a reason why a description of your guide cannot be used any more to get the trophy "Blitz" because you don't have access to the needed card.

Edited by pewiha

@pewiha: 1. Agree with the 5 leader cards there was a bug due to the change "vanity leader card" vs "ability leader card" (It is written in our guide). It lasted one month before being patched out.

2. For "Blitz", I do not see the issue in the current trophy description in the guide (what do you mean by :"you don't have access to the needed card"??): can you send me a private mp or write here/in the comments section of the guide? Thanks in advance

Edited by djippps

5 hours ago, djippps said:

@AJ_-_808: please do not patronize with me (see your first sentence) as you already did with other players before in the topic, you do not have the monopoly of truth. For the record, I am Prestige 3 in the game, have more than 1000 wins, got "Apple of His Eye" on my second try (and have written incidentally the trophy guide here, do you believe it is nice to see the closure of a game only one month after your guide is released?). 

I said that I understand the reasons invoked above, it is a waste of time to write it again. 

1) It is true they have done the things badly by announcing very shortly the closure of consoles version, which is the bad point. But as I explained in my previous post, every player who played seriously the Arena and how the specific matchmaking works for this mode can understand why they close them (and could easily suspect it). I also agree for the final season.

2) Which trophies have they changed? (I am speaking about Gwent)

3) Do you know the history and the context of Gwent? (the beta version, problems of the game which is still not well-balanced at a e-sport level, how CD Projekt does not give all they have to give the chance the game deserved, that the developers have most probably the hands tight on Gwent and CDPR focus now on a "little" game named Cyberpunk 2077) CDPR is not EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda for their resources.

To be short, CDPR has a really bad communication and organization about Gwent and has not known from the beginning how much resources they want to spend on it. There are probably different persons struggling at the head about Gwent and at the end, the players pay the consequences, here the trophy hunters.

4) Some players said CD Projekt robbed them. BUT do not forget that Gwent is a free-to-play, and so  has micro-transactions. How much money you have spent on this game is up top you. 

5) Gwent is a mp game. As for all mp games, most of the trophy hunters know the mp trophies can be locked at some time (see Top Spin 4, Uncharted TLOU on ps3, etc.).

6) For players who appreciate the game, it is still possible to transfer the data, do not forget that. Inevitably, this has consequences on Arena and matchmaking since a lot of players have immediately moved to some GOG account.

That wasnt patronizing, nor am I claiming a "monopoly of truth", or whatever that means.  I've stated the facts surrounding their announcement and spoken against a couple of people who seem content with telling others how online games, dev resources and trophies work (hint: we are aware of how things work, thanks) and for people to move on.

Irregardless of how bad the matchmaking might have been, they could have easily included their intentions with their announcement.  Matchmaking still works fine on console, so why remove the next season and ranked, also unnannnounced?  After the success of Witcher, CDPR isnt such a sad struggling company that they couldn't afford a proper service shutdown.

Players that paid money into this, just to see it change/shutdown were wronged and do have a valid complaint. Being F2P doesn't invalidate that. Telling them to just transfer (not that that's been going well, mind you) is laughable 

For the record, you being prestige 3/1000 wins/etc and a guide writer is completely irrelevant to this situation and does little more than make you look snobbish. Your entire post comes across as holier-than-thou.

We agree that the reasons for the shutdown are reasonable, but the way they did it was not, and their communication does indeed suck. 

Please stop telling people to "move on" or "transfer platforms".  People have a right to air their grievance regarding this.  If it gets something changed, great. If it doesn't, oh well.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pewiha said:

This game sucks now. I cannot win any game, I play each time against at least prestige 1 or higher player....

There is nearly a small chance to get the win. This is really annoying.

@AJ_-_808: after that: you dare to say the matchmaking is okay?

On my own, I have played two days in a row against the same player. So yes the matchmaking on consoles really suck now even outside Arena.

I am not telling anyone to do sth or others, I am only saying there are opportunities to enjoy the game since trophies are not everything in video games, sorry for tell you that. And yes, you have patronized before (other players had the same feeling). I gave my level /wins /guide writer only 1) to show you I have known the game for a while now 2) to make you feel a bit like you considered other players in the topic before. Your viewpoint can be valid but also the viewpoint of other players.

I understand your viewpoint but you should be nicer with other people (players, developers, etc.). Even pro players streamers are nicer with casual players than you have been in the topic... 

Finally I maintain this kind of attitude gives a bad image of the trophy hunters community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pewiha said:

This game sucks now. I cannot win any game, I play each time against at least prestige 1 or higher player....

There is nearly a small chance to get the win. This is really annoying.

This is one of the many reasons to play such PvP-Games at Release.

Edited by Sikutai

@AJ_-_808: Please do not think you understand my whole point. it is funny since I do not give a shit about prestige (again you are not taking other players seriously by what are you are saying). if you have played Gwent long enough, you would have known it means nothing serious. Anyway, you are just wanting to discredit all opinions which are not favorable to you and you do not want to understand them. leave you here in your lost « derailed » crusade ??? 

4 hours ago, pewiha said:

I cannot see anyone helpful advices in this post for this game.

It is ridiculous, that I cannot find my alt, even for testing purposes.

You can get the misc trophies from doing the player invite, been over a week since ive been on as im finishing off Smite: HotG, I think you still gain exp from those matches....can not remember 

15 minutes ago, TheBritishBaron said:

You can get the misc trophies from doing the player invite, been over a week since ive been on as im finishing off Smite: HotG, I think you still gain exp from those matches....can not remember 

You do not gain xp from player invites, but yes, you can still do misc trophies and some contracts.

So... the shop is now selling 40 premium base kegs for $69.99 and 40 ultimate premium kegs for $99.99 on ps4.

Insult to injury? Or possibly a sign that other features might get re-enabled for a little while?

Also, i logged in and had 5 premium kegs in my inventory.  Did anyone else get these? Possibly as an apology of sorts from CDPR?

They clearly seem to have the ability to turn certain things on and off at a whim

Edited by AJ_-_808

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So... the shop is now selling 40 premium base kegs for $69.99 and 40 ultimate premium kegs for $99.99 on ps4.

Insult to injury? Or possibly a sign that other features might get re-enabled for a little while?

Also, i logged in and had 5 premium kegs in my inventory.  Did anyone else get these? Possibly as an apology of sorts from CDPR?

They clearly seem to have the ability to turn certain things on and off at a whim

Just logged in to check, no packs to buy with real money, and I have 0 kegs in my inventory. No idea what could have happened there.