• Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker)
    • Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison)
    • Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker)
    • Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy)
    • Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann)
    • Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston)
    • Tenth Doctor (David Tennant)
    • Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith)

I haven't seen any doctor's from Classic Who, besides the first 5 (via watching The Five Doctors a long time ago) so I would have to say Chris. David and Matt just weren't dark enough for me. Chris wasn't overly dark, but he wasn't all happy and cheery either.

I have not seen the old Episodes so I will have to say Tennant is my favorite by far. I felt he had the perfect mix of silly fun and dark serious moments which made me fall in love with the doctor even more than I already was. I will be watching the old seasons to kill time until the next new episode. That I feel is the worst part of being a Whovien is the long wait for new episodes we must endure.

I always go with the 10th Doctor (Tennant) because, at the time I got into Who, he was just the sort of character I needed to watch. They say that it's usually your first Doctor that becomes "yours" but 10 was my second and still my favorite.

I find it amusing that my second-favorite (or sometimes a tie for favorite) is the 5th Doctor, played by Peter Davidon, who happens to be Tennant's father-in-law. Both Doctors had a very similar personality type: emotional, angsty, and a pot boiling under the surface. If anyone hasn't seen "The Caves of Androzani" has done themselves a disservice to Classic Who. For those who have, they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Eight is also great (audios really flesh out his character), Two is decent as well, but Four was the one Doctor I never could understand. Slightly odd on this one as Baker is a real favorite among fans.