Pandaswithbombs's Trophy Goals for 2020

pandaswithbombs

You did 8 platinums in 10 years and want to do 7 in only one ?

That's a big change in your way of playing !

Looks like you don't really want to force you to play a game more than what you appreciate...

So with your goal for 2020 you will have to force yourself to do some stuff you won't do in your traditional way of playing ... won't it bore you ? =/

Good luck with this ;)

You have a point! Somethings have changed though.. I haven't really focused on trophies until the past 2 or 3 years. I also travel for work and either can do remote play or play on my vita while I'm stuck in a hotel. I also have a more committed schedule to gaming and streaming to play more. Also Im not sure if it's cheating but most of my "platinum games" I'm almost done, theyre not fresh starts with the exception of Dragon Ball Kakarot. I can usually get quite a few trophies done during the weekend and edit videos that night for the guides. 

But thanks!

Edit: You mention that I'll have to do some things I don't want to to get trophies, just want to point out that one of my platinums are the Assassin's Creed Unity platinum, so I grabbed those 3-400 chests. xD

Edited by pandaswithbombs

Doubling  your Plat count shouldn't be difficult especially since you have a head start on some of those games. I, myself went from like 5 plats between 2011-2015 and got 5 more in 16, 5 in 17, 8 in 18 and 10 last year. It really does depend on your dedication to do things more for trophy than for fun. I got a plat on RDR2 but I found the MP a slog and incredibly frustrating just to get to level 50.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to match my previous year but unlikely as I expect I'll have less time to play (new kid coming lol). 

Current targets: Finish plats for Shadow of Tomb Raider (just need to finish Deadly Obsession run), LEGO Star Wars TFA (finished story, now need to clean up), play The Order 1886, Final Fantasy VII Remake and maybe I'll pick up a few other games to grind through.

Good luck.

24 minutes ago, pandaswithbombs said:

Good luck! How long do you think FF7 Remake will be? I know the Lego games aren't terrible (in most cases). I should revisit The Order 1886! Good luck!

The LEGO games can be somewhat grindy specifically to get the minikits. I found the Harry Potter and the Hobbit ones to be a bit time consuming but I enjoy them as a nice change of pace because they are never hard, just takes some time. I've also owned The Order 1886 for like 2+ years (got it really cheap I think) but never got around to playing it...so finally installed it so its staring at me on the home screen lol.

My guess for  FF7R timing (if you believe Square-Enix's claims about added content and it being a "full game") is 40-50 hours for a full plat run. I don't know what kind of trophies or side content/collectibles/exploration or missiable trophies will be included. The long 80 hour jrpg type games are kind of a thing of the past mostly and for something that is more action based, I'd expect a good reduction to actual playtime. The leaked demo video was about an hour an was through the first boss fight I believe (something that took maybe 10 minutes or less if you skipped through dialogue in the original) which shows some promise that the game is a bit more drawn out. 

So hopefully story is 20-30 hours played at a "normal" (IE: taking time to listen to dialogue, mild side exploration, etc) with an additional 10 hours of side activities/collectables/mini-games. Any NG+ replayability would be greatly appreciated. Honestly, I'm just super hyped. I haven't looked forward to something this much in a long while.

That's a decent  goal, best of luck with it! Games shouldn't  be too hard to nail down (the only worrysome one would  have been Playstation All-Stars, but you got the onlinery done).

Double best of luck on your twitch and youtube target, that's  where the main wishes should focus xD 

Just now, Copanele said:

That's a decent  goal, best of luck with it! Games shouldn't  be too hard to nail down (the only worrysome one would  have been Playstation All-Stars, but you got the onlinery done).

Double best of luck on your twitch and youtube target, that's  where the main wishes should focus xD 

Thanks, I was able to reach affiliate before 2020, so I'm hoping to keep pushing on that. My YouTube is mostly where I post trophy guides for videos. With the videos though I need to stick to making a whole guide, I wrote one for Naughty Bear, however there's quite a few trophy videos that are just one trophy for one game and I probably won't keep going for a while - so that's my biggest thing. 

There is a TON on your profile that you can start and finish.

I would definitely set some easy goals at first. Then as you continue to work and complete your games, expand your horizon a bit.

Plenty of potential on your account. I wish you best of luck.

I will wish you luck as well.  I'm curious if you've considered how many games you intend to purchase this year.  You've only completed less than 5% of the games on your account (pardon my math if it's off).  You could coast through 2020 with nothing new purchased and still have lots to wrap up next year!

Yeah, I have an excel spreadsheet of all the online trophies for my currently owned and already-on-my-profile games. I'm trying to work on those before starting offline trophies of older games but I unfortunately don't get to use my PS3 as much. Trying to reduce the number of 'unobtainable' platinums as much as possible. 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:18 AM, pandaswithbombs said:

Just wanted to post my goals - hopefully you guys can participate and comment on games I'm playing, etc. 

Overall Goals:

Raise Platinums to 15 (+7)

• Currently at 8 (1/9/2020)

100% Games to 20 (+11)

• Currently at 9 (1/9/2020)

Games to Platinum

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (70%)
  • Naughty Bear (80%)
  • Dragon Ball Kakarot (0%)
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare (11%)
  • Titanfall 2 (36%)
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse (85%)
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (76%)

Games to 100%

• Marvel's Spider-Man (90%)
  • Battlefield 1943 (90%)
  • Infamous: Festival of Blood (57%)
  • Fat Princess Piece of Cake (95%)
  • Shakedown Hawaii (28%)
  • Far Cry 5 (53%)
  • Assassin's Creed 3 (70%)
  • Anthem (67%)
  • inFamous (66%)
  • Fallout 4 (61%)

Guides to Write

• Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
  • Dead Island
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior (In Progress)
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
  • CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
  • Rage (In Progress)

Twitch Goals

• Reach 100 followers
  • Reach 5 subscribers
  • Stream more games (Mostly COD:MW Now)

Youtube Goals

• Reach 500 Subscribers

Wish me luck!

Just wanted to post my goals - hopefully you guys can participate and comment on games I'm playing, etc. 

Overall Goals:

Currently at 9 (1/13/2020)

100% Games to 20 (+11)

Currently at 9 (1/9/2020)

Games to Platinum

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (1/13/2020)

Naughty Bear (80%)

Dragon Ball Kakarot (0%)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare (11%)

Titanfall 2 (36%)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (85%)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (76%)

Games to 100%

Marvel's Spider-Man (90%)

Battlefield 1943 (90%)

Infamous: Festival of Blood (57%)

Fat Princess Piece of Cake (95%)

Shakedown Hawaii (28%)

Far Cry 5 (53%)

Assassin's Creed 3 (70%)

Anthem (67%)

inFamous (66%)

Fallout 4 (61%)

Guides to Write

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Dead Island

Sniper Ghost Warrior (In Progress)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

Rage (In Progress)

Twitch Goals

Reach 100 followers

Reach 5 subscribers

Stream more games (Mostly COD:MW Now)

Youtube Goals

Reach 500 Subscribers

Wish me luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, pandaswithbombs said:

Overall Goals:

100% Games to 20 (+11)

Games to Platinum

Naughty Bear (80%)

Dragon Ball Kakarot (1/28/2020)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare (80%)

Titanfall 2 (36%)

Games to 100%

Battlefield 1943 (90%)

Shakedown Hawaii (28%)

Far Cry 5 (53%)

Assassin's Creed 3 (70%)

Anthem (67%)

inFamous (66%)

Fallout 4 (61%)

Guides to Write

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Dead Island

Sniper Ghost Warrior (In Progress)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

Rage (In Progress)

Twitch Goals

Reach 100 followers

Reach 5 subscribers

Stream more games (Mostly COD:MW Now)

Youtube Goals

Reach 500 Subscribers

Wish me luck!

Overall Goals:

100% Games to 20 (+11)

Games to Platinum

Naughty Bear (80%)

Dragon Ball Kakarot (1/27/2020)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare (80%)

Titanfall 2 (36%)

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus (69%)

Games to 100%

Battlefield 1943 (90%)

Shakedown Hawaii (28%)

Far Cry 5 (53%)

Assassin's Creed 3 (70%)

Anthem (67%)

inFamous (66%)

Fallout 4 (61%)