I need to get a 4k tvs with av ports for all of my consoles including consoles with av ports but can't find one hope to get answers for this issue

shai_sr12345

I hope that i can get answers for this but like the title says I can't find a 4k tv with 4 or more hdmi ports for some consoles and other stuff and also having av ports for retro consoles like ps2 at all.

Hope to get answers because i didn't find answers anywhere.

Thanks for everyone who will answer for the question i have.

You can use an HDMI switch and not have to worry about the number of direct HDMI ports on the TV. That's what I do in my living room - 5 HDMI devices connected to one port on my TV.

As an added bonus I only need to run one cable through a raceway from my entertainment center to the wall-mounted TV. No visible cables.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shai_sr12345 said:

I hope that i can get answers for this but like the title says I can't find a 4k tv with 4 or more hdmi ports for some consoles and other stuff and also having av ports for retro consoles like ps2 at all.

I have a HiSense TV that has all possible ports. Problem is anything connecting through AV or Scart usually has issues and doesn't work properly on a 4K TV. I bugged around TV forums and general advice was the better solution was to use converters into HDMI for older consoles as it's the safest option to obtain decent and reliable results. Forgtet about getting support for these connections from any TV manufacturer, they were scarcely tested and they won't help you if it doesn't work.

It will be difficult to find reasonably priced TVs with more than 4 HDMIports, use a switchfor more connections if necessary. I have 8 consoles connected to mine.

Edited by cris3f

since a hub has already been suggested, I wanted to toss in the idea of using a home theater instead...i have a sony one that has 4 hdmi ports...the tv itself has two and two av which I'm also able to connect to the home theater so it gives a total of 2 av and 5 hdmi and some bada$$ sound quality for all devices as well as a bonus...additionally, i'm able to switch channels for everything on one remote which makes it quite a practical setup...

Edited by ProfBambam55

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

So you need model suggestions that have:

4+ HDMI ports

composite connections

Is that accurate? What about component connections? Any HDR requirements?

Size or price range?

When I will get the 4k tv it's probably will included a hdr feature so that is not problem the price range i don't know at the moment

9 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

You can use an HDMI switch and not have to worry about the number of direct HDMI ports on the TV. That's what I do in my living room - 5 HDMI devices connected to one port on my TV.

As an added bonus I only need to run one cable through a raceway from my entertainment center to the wall-mounted TV. No visible cables.

Hii you can send me link to the hdmi switcher that you have does it safe to use because i don't won't that will do something wrong to my 4k tv when i will get one in the next few weeks (when I found a good one)

But the question is what about the av ports problem how the hdmi switcher will help me with that issue

15 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

When I will get the 4k tv it's probably will included a hdr feature so that is not problem the price range i don't know at the moment

Hii you can send me link to the hdmi switcher that you have does it safe to use because i don't won't that will do something wrong to my 4k tv when i will get one in the next few weeks (when I found a good one)

But the question is what about the av ports problem how the hdmi switcher will help me with that issue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Techole-Aluminum-Splitter-Switcher-Projector-Black/dp/B07KSYS2L4/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1N97TK9V0MU2H&keywords=hdmi+switch&qid=1578829091&sprefix=hdmi+swi%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-6

8 hours ago, cris3f said:

I have a HiSense TV that has all possible ports. Problem is anything connecting through AV or Scart usually has issues and doesn't work properly on a 4K TV. I bugged around TV forums and general advice was the better solution was to use converters into HDMI for older consoles as it's the safest option to obtain decent and reliable results. Forgtet about getting support for these connections from any TV manufacturer, they were scarcely tested and they won't help you if it doesn't work.

It will be difficult to find reasonably priced TVs with more than 4 HDMIports, use a switchfor more connections if necessary. I have 8 consoles connected to mine.

Hii what is the model of the HiSense TV because my fried have a HiSense TV but I don't think it have an av ports to begin with and also doesn't have 4 hdmi ports (ise only have 2) so I didn't bother to ask him.

But I understand you have a switch for older consoles where do you both the hdmi convert for the older consoles does it fix the problem of av ports for older consoles

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

since a hub has already been suggested, I wanted to toss in the idea of using a home theater instead...i have a sony one that has 4 hdmi ports...the tv itself has two and two av which I'm also able to connect to the home theater so it gives a total of 2 av and 5 hdmi and some bada$$ sound quality for all devices as well as a bonus...additionally, i'm able to switch channels for everything on one remote which makes it quite a practical setup...

I don't think in my country i have a place that selling a Sony one TV line what about the Sony master series does it simular to the Sony one series

But didn't understand how you have 5 hdmi ports if you saying you have 4 hdmi ports and the part of two and two av I didn't get whay you've saying I be happy if you can explain this to me again.

Thank you.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:38 PM, shai_sr12345 said:

You can use an AV to HDMI converter and also use an HDMI switcher box, if you have multiple retro consoles, you can use an AV switcher box too.

This is how I have mine set up. Switcher box 3 plugs into 2 which plugs into 1, which plugs into the AV to HDMI upscaler, which plugs into an HDMI switcher box, which plugs into the TVs HDMI port

edit: a vizio 4k tv is an option, they all have component inputs on them and composite audio

Edited by SnowxSakura

3 hours ago, shai_sr12345 said:

I don't think in my country i have a place that selling a Sony one TV line what about the Sony master series does it simular to the Sony one series

But didn't understand how you have 5 hdmi ports if you saying you have 4 hdmi ports and the part of two and two av I didn't get whay you've saying I be happy if you can explain this to me again.

Thank you.

I'm talking about a home theater system...my receiver has multiple ports so the tv only needs a couple...

look at the ports on the back of this one...a cheaper version with fewer ports can be found here...or a mid range one...mine came as a kit with all the speakers and obviously not only sony makes them so I'd recommend shopping around if this was something that interested you...

as for the port breakdown, i'll try to be simple:

many tvs have 2 hdmi ports...a stereo like above needs to run to the tv so you get minus one hdmi port on the back of the tv...1 available remaining tv port + 4 stereo ports = 5 hdmi ports...you get 2 av ports on an average tv that you can run to the receiver as well...so not only do you have all devices connected at once but you also get great sound...it also has a headphone jack which is awesome for quiet times...in my case, when my kids go to bed or when I'm up at 4:00 and don't want to bother anyone...

if you buy a sony tv, you only need one remote for everything which is kind of nice...using a receiver like this could increase your tv options and make it easier to upgrade your setup in the future...

side note: a 7.2 receiver with 6 ports didn't exist when I bought mine...think I might upgrade now that I see it...looks pretty sweet...

edit: another thing I just thought of...if you invest in a good set of speakers, when your receiver is out of date like mine is (I realize now), it's possible to just replace the receiver with a newer one and connect your old speakers to it...same goes for the tv...it gets old, no need to search for one with 4+ hdmi ports again...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'm talking about a home theater system...my receiver has multiple ports so the tv only needs a couple...

look at the ports on the back of this one...a cheaper version with fewer ports can be found here...or a mid range one...mine came as a kit with all the speakers and obviously not only sony makes them so I'd recommend shopping around if this was something that interested you...

as for the port breakdown, i'll try to be simple:

many tvs have 2 hdmi ports...a stereo like above needs to run to the tv so you get minus one hdmi port on the back of the tv...1 available remaining tv port + 4 stereo ports = 5 hdmi ports...you get 2 av ports on an average tv that you can run to the receiver as well...so not only do you have all devices connected at once but you also get great sound...it also has a headphone jack which is awesome for quiet times...in my case, when my kids go to bed or when I'm up at 4:00 and don't want to bother anyone...

if you buy a sony tv, you only need one remote for everything which is kind of nice...using a receiver like this could increase your tv options and make it easier to upgrade your setup in the future...

side note: a 7.2 receiver with 6 ports didn't exist when I bought mine...think I might upgrade now that I see it...looks pretty sweet...

edit: another thing I just thought of...if you invest in a good set of speakers, when your receiver is out of date like mine is (I realize now), it's possible to just replace the receiver with a newer one and connect your old speakers to it...same goes for the tv...it gets old, no need to search for one with 4+ hdmi ports again...

OK thank you so much for the help.

But i don't think that i can afford for a home theater now (maybe in the future when I could) but i can buy some av converter and will be fine with that.

But you think that I can buy a hdmi Splitter and connecting to the av converter that I was found instead for getting an hdmi cable or that i can connect the hdmi splitter to hdmi port in the TV that I will get and ether way will have more hdmi ports for some devices that are required hdmi connecting like the TV streaming box that I have or soundbar that i think i will get in the future

The av converter that I get recommended for in other forum: https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B01L8GG6PW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?keywords=rca+hdmi+converter&qid=1578845890&sprefix=Rca+hdmi+&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRDRURE5VSlpDNzkyJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzA0NjMzREhVOVE1M1lHNlhBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMTU2OTYzUFM0WFNPU09UTEU4JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thank you for the help

?
On 12/01/2020 at 11:47 AM, shai_sr12345 said:

Hii what is the model of the HiSense TV because my fried have a HiSense TV but I don't think it have an av ports to begin with and also doesn't have 4 hdmi ports (ise only have 2) so I didn't bother to ask him.

But I understand you have a switch for older consoles where do you both the hdmi convert for the older consoles does it fix the problem of av ports for older consoles

Thank you.

Mine is no longer available, but was the most powerful model at the time. Entry level models will not usually have 4 HDMI ports. Check HiSense site of your country to check which models are available in your country. It's not as good as a LG OLED but quite good (only TVs I saw that were better than the one I bought were OLEDs or really high end Samsungs) and price is usually half or a third of a comparable LG, Sony, Panasonic, Philips or Samsung model. HDR isn't perfect, sound not very good either, but most TVs have lousy sound anyway.

Someone else has already inserted pictures of HDMI converters. There's converters available for most consoles even ones with weird connectors like the Nintendo ones.

Or check a monitor, although monitors usually have just 2 HDMIs (perhaps a display port too), rarely speakers and good monitors in big sizes are not cheap at all.

• 1 year later...

This thread helped a lot when connecting my consoles to TV. Thanks for the advice. From myself, I can add that such a connection system also works with a projector. I also select the correct screen for the projector so that the picture is more saturated. The main thing in this business is to organize cable management beautifully and functionally.

Edited by Willerix

Can I also add that for the older consoles that naturally produce RGB through Scart, you can't beat owning a OSSC or retrotink 5x. They aren't cheap But a good investment. Check the image below, The PS2, MVS, Saturn and DC are all running through the OSSC at the same time. The OSSC is the little white box above the PS5. I also have a Core engine, Super Famicom and Megadrive 2 hooked up under the tv Via Scart. The DC is VGA, The PS2 and MVS are component going through a component switch box, The Saturn is Scart. This setup has run successfully though a 1080p Hisense, 4k Samsung and now a 4K Sony. All through one Hdmi.

edit: Also if you are going to be playing XBSX/PS5/PC, you're going to want to buy a TV that has HDMI 2.1 for future proofing. So a new tv? Or switchbox setup? I'd save for a new tv and just use a HDMI switch box, If you're not fussed with RGB on retro then a regular Composite to HDMI. 

May be an image of indoor

Edited by Z1MZUM