Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

Before the events i was missing around 10 crowns. Now i only need 2 crowns from viper and it will be done :D. I could do it with out events but i had enought after farming brute tigrex and silver rathiana.
One tip from me:
You can try join investigations with time almost running out. I got few crowns with this - maybe 2 for elder dragons. And i did nothing in them. Sometimes i didint have enought time to get to the corpse of the monster. Got mini lunastra like this.
I reallly enjoy easy crowns from the events.

6 hours ago, Hanashiteru said:

Before the events i was missing around 10 crowns. Now i only need 2 crowns from viper and it will be done :D. I could do it with out events but i had enought after farming brute tigrex and silver rathiana.
One tip from me:
You can try join investigations with time almost running out. I got few crowns with this - maybe 2 for elder dragons. And i did nothing in them. Sometimes i didint have enought time to get to the corpse of the monster. Got mini lunastra like this.
I reallly enjoy easy crowns from the events.

Man I tried doing the join investiations as they are ending but havent gotten any through that method. I stilll need both Luna crowns and Large brute tigrex and the hoarfrost crowns(will wait for event quest). 

Are there any crown hunting rooms going on or is there currently a dedicated discord server for iceborne crown hunting?

If not, anyone interested in sniping crowns together? Would be way more efficient to have multiple people spamming investigations at the same time and then hunting possible crown monsters together.

Currently I'm sniping for:

-Lunastra Mini
-Velkhana Big
-Veil-Vaal Mini Big
-Namielle Mini
-Ruin-Nergi Big
-Brute-Tigrex Mini Big
-Goldian Big
-Silverlos Mini

Edited by Narutofreak1412
  • Like 1

Does anyone happen to know if investigations with 5 gold rewards can give crowns? I got one for Brute Tigrex and I'm wondering if it's worth save scumming to farm the mini. My understanding is that base game investigations in High Rank required at least one gold and one silver, but I'm not sure if that also applies in Iceborne.

Edit: Turned out not to be relevant, I ended up getting the mini from a BSSGG investigation.

Edited by Xylobe

12 hours ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

Are there any crown hunting rooms going on or is there currently a dedicated discord server for iceborne crown hunting?

If not, anyone interested in sniping crowns together? Would be way more efficient to have multiple people spamming investigations at the same time and then hunting possible crown monsters together.

Currently I'm sniping for:

-Lunastra Mini
-Velkhana Big
-Veil-Vaal Mini Big
-Namielle Mini
-Ruin-Nergi Big
-Brute-Tigrex Mini Big
-Goldian Big
-Silverlos Mini

I am struggling with lunastra as i cant do it solo and people online keep carting as well. I can add you and we can do it together if you are interested

Okay seriously.  First off, why are people crown hunting the master rank Lunastra?  Go.  For.  The high ranked one.  She's much easier, especially with master rank armor and weaponry, and a hell of a lot less stressful to deal with solo......especially when the game randomly drops you away from camp......and she's either right in front of you or right behind you as you scramble to down a cool drink.  Unless you want master rank armor, be my guest, but the crowns?  High rank is the way to go.

Go on an expedition in either the Wildspire Waste and Elder's Recess.  Kill as many monsters or find as many monster tracks as you can under HIGH RANK.  Eat something with the researcher buff to increase the amount of investigations you get and check to see if a good Lunastra investigation appears.  Both of my crowns came from the high ranked one, easily.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lightning_kf said:

Okay seriously.  First off, why are people crown hunting the master rank Lunastra?  Go.  For.  The high ranked one.  She's much easier, especially with master rank armor and weaponry, and a hell of a lot less stressful to deal with solo......especially when the game randomly drops you away from camp......and she's either right in front of you or right behind you as you scramble to down a cool drink.  Unless you want master rank armor, be my guest, but the crowns?  High rank is the way to go.

Go on an expedition in either the Wildspire Waste and Elder's Recess.  Kill as many monsters or find as many monster tracks as you can under HIGH RANK.  Eat something with the researcher buff to increase the amount of investigations you get and check to see if a good Lunastra investigation appears.  Both of my crowns came from the high ranked one, easily.

I tried doing this but I am getting shitty rewards under luna high rank investigations. Hmm i shall try with the researcher buff now. Thanks for the tip

3 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

I understand it's really not the point because he's struggling with it. But I got both Lunastra crowns from Master Rank, because it's simply not fun hunting the monster overpowered.

Maybe another tip that could help if you've got a tempered Nergi or Kirin investigation: just follow Kirin around the Coral Highlands and grab his tracks along the way or wait in camp in the Elders Recess for 10 minutes, put your Ghillie Mantle on, gather all tracks and spikes that Nergi left there and repeat to your hearts content.

You should be able to get a lot of investigations for Elder Dragons that way. I surely was and I had plenty of Lunas too.

One thing to note though is that you will have to fight the tempered version of Luna...but as long as you have master rank armor and weaponery this should be fairly easy I think.

Both of my crowns for her dropped in a single day that way. Good luck hunting!

4 hours ago, Vengo182 said:

Maybe another tip that could help if you've got a tempered Nergi or Kirin investigation: just follow Kirin around the Coral Highlands and grab his tracks along the way or wait in camp in the Elders Recess for 10 minutes, put your Ghillie Mantle on, gather all tracks and spikes that Nergi left there and repeat to your hearts content.

You should be able to get a lot of investigations for Elder Dragons that way. I surely was and I had plenty of Lunas too.

One thing to note though is that you will have to fight the tempered version of Luna...but as long as you have master rank armor and weaponery this should be fairly easy I think.

Both of my crowns for her dropped in a single day that way. Good luck hunting!

In a similar vein, if you don't have either of those investigations, there's a High Rank event called "Tracking the Delivery" that has 24 tempered elder dragon tracks to farm. It will next be available on the 26th, the same day that Ballad of the Hoarfrost goes live, and that had been my plan to get the large Lunastra crown if I didn't luck into one just now.

• Like 1

In case someone is still missing crowns from previous event quests: After the hoarfrost crown event week, they will put the desert one and the coral one together again (starting at 3rd april). Also, expect to get new infos about the upcoming updated spring festival in the dev diary that will stream tomorrow, as they will most likely put all previous crown quests in that event as usual.

Edited by Narutofreak1412
  • Like 1

Got to seriously thank @lightning_kf for telling me to just get the Luna crowns on HR. After wasting countless hours on MR and guiding lands I finally managed to get both crowns today on HR. I initially had trouble getting good Luna investigations to pop by grinding wildspire waste expeditions in high rank and I also wasted time trying to keep re loading those shitty investigations to try and the Luna crowns to drop. Once I got a one gold and 2 silver type of Luna investigation, I got both crowns in 1.5hrs or so. 

3 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Got to seriously thank @lightning_kf for telling me to just get the Luna crowns on HR. After wasting countless hours on MR and guiding lands I finally managed to get both crowns today on HR. I initially had trouble getting good Luna investigations to pop by grinding wildspire waste expeditions in high rank and I also wasted time trying to keep re loading those shitty investigations to try and the Luna crowns to drop. Once I got a one gold and 2 silver type of Luna investigation, I got both crowns in 1.5hrs or so. 

You're welcome.

Post-release monsters are not necessary for trophies.

Deviljho and Lunastra are not needed for base game trophies, but are needed for Iceborne trophies.

Stygian Zinogre, Rajang, and Furious Rajang are not needed for either Iceborne or base game trophies.

It's interesting that Raging Brachy has a set size like Zorah, Xeno, Safi, kulve, and Shara.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Wow.  I'm hellbent on taking down the Raging Brachydios and holy hell that thing's strong.  Especially one attack that always gets me.

EDIT

Never mind.  Finally took one down.  The armor looks sweet and some of the weapons are very tempting.  Blast element is my least used among all of them but I'm willing to change that.  The special mantle for it though is what worries me.

2ND EDIT

Took an entire evening/night session of trial, error and random teams but I got the Immortal Reactors I needed to fully complete my Raging Brachy armor and the long sword (God damn the long sword looks beautiful).  I need one last part to fully clothed my cat but that will be for another time.

Edited by lightning_kf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

Would anyone be willing to help with both Scarred Yian Garuga crowns? I have no investigations for it at all. 

Unfortunately I don't either... Investigations for that monster seem to be extra hard to get for some reason. There are some event quests that feature it, but their chances for crowns aren't nearly as good I think.

Wow.  It only took me 4 successful hunts of a Furious Rajang to get what I wanted out of it, with extra Rajang parts at my disposal in case I wanna get an alpha or beta armor piece?  Especially with random teammates?

Maybe I should've gone after Furious Rajang first instead of the Raging Brachydios.  In no way am I saying that Furious Rajang was easy cause he wasn't.  One or two attacks will catch you off-guard especially if you use range weapons.  But the time it took me to get what I needed out of the Furious Rajang, including the Rajang Heart, was way less than with Raging Brachy.  Maybe it's because you can catch it as opposed to being forced to kill it.

Edited by lightning_kf