Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

4 hours ago, izzyrules said:

I was lucky and got one early one before I was even really trying for the crowns. So unfortunately i can't really give any hints as to how to measure him. I honestly didn't have much luck measuring the large ones either, due to the floor being so uneven where he spawns at in the elder's recess. I just went by the eye test, and if he looked on the bigger side I'd hunt him. 

One thing I do remember is that it was in an investigation for both Tigrex and Brute Tigrex. And I do remember seeing him with the Tigrex and the Brute was noticeably smaller. That was really my only clue that it could be a gold.

Also, maybe its just me, but i'm having INCREDIBLE luck with the 3 silver/1 gold hunts. My last 4 gold crowns have come from those types...

That's how I was able to get the mini crown for the Lunastra.

Damn it, none of my Brute Tigrex investigations are silver and gold.  Too many bronze rewards mixed with the two.

On 3/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, danceswithsloths said:

Well, to each their own, if you feel that is better for you guys then go ahead and stick with it, but I have gotten 3-4 crowns out of a single run of the event quests before.

Did 4 investigations and 2 of the 4 gave me Gold Crowns. Definitely made me feel better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

"Rotten Canzone" is Great Girros, Odogaron, Tigrex, Fulgur Anjanath, and Acidic Glavenus.

Unless I'm overlooking it, it doesn't look like there's a Hoarfrost Reach quest on the event calendar, which is a bit concerning...

There is definitely not a Hoarfrost reach quest listed in the week of 3/19 to 3/26... that is concerning.

Well crud, here's hoping they're just making us wait a little bit longer?

Thanks for the info on this week's quest, I've updated my comment earlier in the thread.

Edited by danceswithsloths

The Rotten Vale is this week?  I thought it was the Elder's Recess next.  Ah well.  All I need is a large Tigrex from there.

And yes, no Hoarfrost Reach worries me.  I need a large Viper Kadachi and Shrieking Legiana.  Those aren't dropping for me.

In the meantime.......FINALLY.

I finally got the mini crown for the Brute Tigrex.  50 successful hunts and I got it.

I am so studying that video I captured.  Cause that Brute Tigrex did NOT look that small whatsoever.

EDIT

And now I can scratch the regular Tigrex off my list.

He was the first monster available in the event quest.  Got it on my first try and returned from the quest.

2 crowns in one night.

4 more to go.

Edited by lightning_kf

6 hours ago, Xyilit said:

If they will follow their own pattern the Elder's Recess Quest will have 3 iceborne monsters and 2 old monsters. Am I the only one who thinks the 3rd monster will be brute tigrex?

Wishful thinking IMO, I'm expecting something like Lavasioth and Banbaro as the other two.

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Wishful thinking IMO, I'm expecting something like Lavasioth and Banbaro as the other two.

Brachydios, Seething Bazelgeuse, Azure Rathalos, Another Old Monster and i think the only options left for the last Monster  (if the pattern stays the same we will have three iceborne monsters) is the Stygian Zinogre or the Brute Tigrex ... I really hope for the brute tigrex xD

Do onyone have tips for the scarred yian Garuga? I have killed about 40 but can't get the large crown. I run out of investigations and i am at a point where i dont have the possibility to lure one out in the guiding lands. Have you any tips or remember where you got your crown? I am so close to that platinum but that scarred Yian Garuga drives me crazy :/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

75 and I ran out of Shrieking Legiana investigations.

Screw this, man, I hate this game's RNG so much.

I'm done.  I'll just wait for the Elder's Recess event quest and get the large Brachydios on my first attempt.

you scare me.... i need the large shrieking legiana, too...

4 hours ago, Xyilit said:

you scare me.... i need the large shrieking legiana, too...

Bad RNG, for me at least.

Capcom NEEDS to give us a Hoarfrost Reach event quest.

Cause this grind is making this no fun anymore.

EDIT:

Well, I got a crown.  A much smaller Shrieking Legiana from before and an even bigger Legiana.

Even when I'm joining hunts, I still can't even get the large gold crown for the monster that I want.  :facepalm:

Edited by lightning_kf

On 3/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, Xyilit said:

Brachydios, Seething Bazelgeuse, Azure Rathalos, Another Old Monster and i think the only options left for the last Monster  (if the pattern stays the same we will have three iceborne monsters) is the Stygian Zinogre or the Brute Tigrex ... I really hope for the brute tigrex xD

My guess is that the 3rd Iceborne monster in Elder's Recess will be Banbaro.  Brute Tigrex can spawn in Elder's Recess but the MR requirement for the event is 24.. and all Brute Tigrex investigations or events have a minimum MR requirement of 70.  The reasoning is that you cannot spawn him in guiding lands due to the region level being too low until you're MR70+.

Stygian Zinogre can also spawn in Elder's but given that he is a threat 3 monster and not in the thumbnail for the event.. I find it unlikely he will be in it.  The pictures have generally always featured the highest threat monsters in the event.  The only thing left of Iceborne monsters that can spawn in Elder's that haven't been featured is.. Banbaro who is a threat 1 and would likely not be in the thumbnail similar to how Nightshade Paolumu was handled in the Wildspire event.

Edited by Elegy

FINALLY got the large Viper Tobi crown, after killing about 25 today. And I swear, the one that gave me the crown was no bigger than about a dozen others that I had fought. Oh well, glad I got it. Just need the large Seething Bazel now.

13 hours ago, Elegy said:

My guess is that the 3rd Iceborne monster in Elder's Recess will be Banbaro.  Brute Tigrex can spawn in Elder's Recess but the MR requirement for the event is 24.. and all Brute Tigrex investigations or events have a minimum MR requirement of 70.  The reasoning is that you cannot spawn him in guiding lands due to the region level being too low until you're MR70+.

Stygian Zinogre can also spawn in Elder's but given that he is a threat 3 monster and not in the thumbnail for the event.. I find it unlikely he will be in it.  The pictures have generally always featured the highest threat monsters in the event.  The only thing left of Iceborne monsters that can spawn in Elder's that haven't been featured is.. Banbaro who is a threat 1 and would likely not be in the thumbnail similar to how Nightshade Paolumu was handled in the Wildspire event.

.....i hate it... but you are right ....

9 hours ago, izzyrules said:

FINALLY got the large Viper Tobi crown, after killing about 25 today. And I swear, the one that gave me the crown was no bigger than about a dozen others that I had fought. Oh well, glad I got it. Just need the large Seething Bazel now.

Good for you.  I am having the worst luck with these Hoarfrost Reach monsters.

Especially the Shrieking Legiana.  80 of them killed and still nothing.

Edit:

Well?  I got the large Viper Kodachi.

That, at least, calmed my nerves.  3 more to go.

Gonna make that icy canary extinct before the Elder's Recess event quest comes around.

Edited by lightning_kf