Re:Mind: Risk-taker

MarlexFTW

On 2/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Got back at the game after literally not touching a game for a week after data battles/Yozora, I think I'm slowly losing interest in gaming, not mentioning hunting. This trophy is proving to be an annoying pain as expected. Already wasted a good amount of time on the first boss in Toy Box world, healing while casting magic with Grand Chef equipped is unreliable at best and the combat system is stripped of almost all of its most useful features with Pro codes active. Just for people enjoying punishment for no tangible benefit.

Honestly looking back this risk taker trophy made me appreciate the game even more, actually having to learning all the mechanics and execute them instead of just spamming your way through.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I get back at the game every now and then, in small bursts because I find this trophy nauseating. I sit at nearly 300000 points, I'm at the data battles, I've cleared Luxord with 21k points and the others with 13750 points, I'm missing Xemnas, Xion, Master Xehanort and Yozora, I probably have some room for improvement on some of the data battles already cleared, but overall it's a nightmare. I'll probably spend several hours farming strength boosts now for the final push.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:10 PM, offdutysuperhero said:

Honestly looking back this risk taker trophy made me appreciate the game even more, actually having to learning all the mechanics and execute them instead of just spamming your way through.

I haven't played ReMind yet but I remember being disappointed at how easy KHIII was at launch. Hearing this is awesome because that's what I loved about the first and second games — having to master the mechanics to make any progress.

• Like 1

It's done, I didn't even had to farm, I've tweaked the pro codes for a few data battles and scored 17k points, then did Xemnas an Xion with 13k and 15k, Master Xehanort with 11k and then I redid Dark Inferno and the final fight in the base game to improve the scores, the trophy popped after the final fight.

Not the hardest trophy I've done, it's not even close to the skill required for Ninja Gaiden plats, but the combat system makes some data battles infuriating as f*ck. My finger hurts from the spamming.

• 1 month later...

In case you are planning to max your stats in post game, I strongly suggest not to force yourself beating Skoll and some other base game bosses with all pro-codes on. In fact, it would take a useless effort since you'll be able to beat fairly easily the limit cut replicas with just no battle items pro code off using hi-potions, still granting you more than 23k per fight. At that point you'll widely compensate the point you lost in some of the most difficult base game bosses (tipically Skoll, Kingdom of corona boss), also considering that they give you much less points up to max 10k per fight, resulting in a minor loss anyway.

So do yourself a favor and turn off occasionally no battle items pro code and use Hi-potions.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I have just made a start on this trophy. Only defeated the Rock Titan so far. There is a long way to go. 

Thanks to all those above for the clarity and good advice. Now to get it done.