MarlexFTW

Re:Mind: Risk-taker

33 posts in this topic

Did you pick Critical by choice or is that the only option? I was reading elsewhere beginner is a good choice. Information is pretty scarce atm.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can chose the difficulty, Begginer is easier obviously. As for the "PRO Codes" you need to activate them just before the major boss fights in each world,you don't need to have them activated  the whole game. If you press square in the Merits menu it tells you which boss counts. Max points for the mid bosses are 5000 and 10000 for the major ones, so I'm not sure if you need every code activated at once to get the the maximum amount every time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone state if Critical mode reaps bigger point bonuses or anything? Also, kinda sucks you only need these on during bosses. Imagine having to play the entire game with all those on. Now thats a challenge!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Can anyone state if Critical mode reaps bigger point bonuses or anything? Also, kinda sucks you only need these on during bosses. Imagine having to play the entire game with all those on. Now thats a challenge!

I don't think so.... I'm playing in critical and can conferm the 5000/10000 thing

I think I'll have to do another playtrough because in critical I didn't keep all the malus active for all bosses

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ZexionPonty92 said:

I don't think so.... I'm playing in critical and can conferm the 5000/10000 thing

I think I'll have to do another playtrough because in critical I didn't keep all the malus active for all bosses

 

Do you have to do it in one playthrough or can you play three or four or even more NG+ and collect the points? What I'm asking is: Do the points stack?

 

It sounds harder for me to activate all the codes at the same time instead of just activating a few or half of them and then play more NG+.

I know this way is time-consuming but 'm not very good at this game. I'm not sure if that's working though.

 

Edited by anotherfangirl
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

 

Do you have to do it in one playthrough or can you play three or four or even more NG+ and collect the points? What I'm asking is: Do the points stack?

 

It sounds harder for me to activate all the codes at the same time instead of just activating a few or half of them and then play more NG+.

I know this way is time-consuming but 'm not very good at this game. I'm not sure if that's working though.

 

I've just finished getting it myself. But you have to do the PRO codes in a single playthrough across base game, remind and limit cut. For the base game you'll want to have every single code on but on beginner and NG+ that presents very little challenge, and worst case scenario you can just spend some time grinding out defense up and str up synthesis mats as those should bypass the default stat and zero defense codes. Remind you'll want them all on as well but when you get to the limit cut ep I turned off the code for no battle items so I could use potions and when needed turned off the no form change and no kupo coin. Ideally you just want to get about 20k points per data boss and you'll get the trophy at 360k or so (my final amount was 364k) and still have 4 data battles (including xion and master xehanort) left over as leeway in the case you need to turn off even more codes to do the previous battles.

 

Overall it's not too bad as you have some room for error but it's still quite challenging

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thrasher429 said:

I've just finished getting it myself. But you have to do the PRO codes in a single playthrough across base game, remind and limit cut. For the base game you'll want to have every single code on but on beginner and NG+ that presents very little challenge, and worst case scenario you can just spend some time grinding out defense up and str up synthesis mats as those should bypass the default stat and zero defense codes. Remind you'll want them all on as well but when you get to the limit cut ep I turned off the code for no battle items so I could use potions and when needed turned off the no form change and no kupo coin. Ideally you just want to get about 20k points per data boss and you'll get the trophy at 360k or so (my final amount was 364k) and still have 4 data battles (including xion and master xehanort) left over as leeway in the case you need to turn off even more codes to do the previous battles.

 

Overall it's not too bad as you have some room for error but it's still quite challenging

 

Hold on, you have to do data battles with these on penalties on? Yikes.

Edited by Griffon234
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.1.2020 at 4:13 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Did you pick Critical by choice or is that the only option? I was reading elsewhere beginner is a good choice. Information is pretty scarce atm.

Yeah, that was by choice. Can't recommend it. Thought it would be a neat challenge, but it's just plain not fun. I got to The Carribean and I was stuck on Marshmallow and the Monster Inc. Boss for quite some time. I'll restart the whole thing on Beginner and do another Critical run some other time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 0:09 PM, Thrasher429 said:

I've just finished getting it myself. But you have to do the PRO codes in a single playthrough across base game, remind and limit cut. For the base game you'll want to have every single code on but on beginner and NG+ that presents very little challenge, and worst case scenario you can just spend some time grinding out defense up and str up synthesis mats as those should bypass the default stat and zero defense codes. Remind you'll want them all on as well but when you get to the limit cut ep I turned off the code for no battle items so I could use potions and when needed turned off the no form change and no kupo coin. Ideally you just want to get about 20k points per data boss and you'll get the trophy at 360k or so (my final amount was 364k) and still have 4 data battles (including xion and master xehanort) left over as leeway in the case you need to turn off even more codes to do the previous battles.

 

Overall it's not too bad as you have some room for error but it's still quite challenging

I hit 360K and didn't get it so I wonder what amount you actually need. 361/362/363K just seem like such random numbers. (Thankfully I had one data boss left to push me up to 370K)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I hit 360K and didn't get it so I wonder what amount you actually need. 361/362/363K just seem like such random numbers. (Thankfully I had one data boss left to push me up to 370K)

Did you have every modifier on the whole game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Did you have every modifier on the whole game?

For the majority of the game I had default stats turned off. I also turned cure back on for some late-game fights because I wasnt good enough to do them without cure lol. I'd recommend having default stats turned on for the early game though since even with it turned off you'll be basically default stats anyway, it only matters mid-late game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does default stats even work? I would have figured it would have put you to Lv.1 stats but it doesn't seem to? My health bar remains the same, so I'm trying to figure out if it changes anything (and yes, it is on as I have been getting max points so far).

 

But I calculated what is possible from the Base Game + Remind story, with max points and it's 175000 (assuming the max points for the "superboss" included in the game is 20k at max), so I feel getting the rest with 8-9 of the Org. XIII members is possible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DEMON said:

How does default stats even work? I would have figured it would have put you to Lv.1 stats but it doesn't seem to? My health bar remains the same, so I'm trying to figure out if it changes anything (and yes, it is on as I have been getting max points so far).

 

But I calculated what is possible from the Base Game + Remind story, with max points and it's 175000 (assuming the max points for the "superboss" included in the game is 20k at max), so I feel getting the rest with 8-9 of the Org. XIII members is possible.

Health is given by specific fights, not through levels, so you keep it. I think stats from armor and accessories also still count?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madbuk said:

For the majority of the game I had default stats turned off. I also turned cure back on for some late-game fights because I wasnt good enough to do them without cure lol. I'd recommend having default stats turned on for the early game though since even with it turned off you'll be basically default stats anyway, it only matters mid-late game.

 

Did you have Default Stats off for the Data Org too? Kinda curious, what kind of points did you get through the story instead of the 5k/10k by having Default Stats off? Because Default Stats is genuinely awful.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, madbuk said:

I hit 360K and didn't get it so I wonder what amount you actually need. 361/362/363K just seem like such random numbers. (Thankfully I had one data boss left to push me up to 370K)

Hm, interesting that it doesn't give it at 360k then as yeah anywhere between that and 364k where it did for me is a strange number in terms of spacing out the rankings

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

 

Did you have Default Stats off for the Data Org too? Kinda curious, what kind of points did you get through the story instead of the 5k/10k by having Default Stats off? Because Default Stats is genuinely awful.

I’d need to check for the story bosses (I think it was about 8K for 10K bosses with only default stats off. For data fights I kept default stats off. My settings for data fights were:

 

Luxord: Everything on (including default stats) apart from Kupo Coin, 23500 points.

YX/Xigbar: Everything on apart from battle items and default stats, 20K

Xion/Xehanort: Everything on apart from no cure, battle items, default stats, no formchanges, no defense, about 9-10K

The rest: Everything on apart from battle items, no defense and default stats, 17500.

 

To make up for having no ability to cure I had 8 hi-potions equipped, so you have 8 potential heals during bosses still. The trouble is that there’s no leat bracer for items.

5 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Do the battle portals count for points?

Apart from the Dark Inferno one, no.

Edited by madbuk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I’d need to check for the story bosses (I think it was about 8K for 10K bosses with only default stats off. For data fights I kept default stats off. My settings for data fights were:

 

Luxord: Everything on (including default stats) apart from Kupo Coin, 23500 points.

YX/Xigbar: Everything on apart from battle items and default stats, 20K

Xion/Xehanort: Everything on apart from no cure, battle items, default stats, no formchanges, no defense, about 9-10K

The rest: Everything on apart from battle items, no defense and default stats, 17500.

 

Thanks for that homie

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Takutolover said:

Can EZ and Pro work together?

 

Only if you beat Yozora, but in the end, you can't actually do the requirements for either at that point as I don't believe that save can backtrack unless I'm missing something.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DEMON said:

 

Only if you beat Yozora, but in the end, you can't actually do the requirements for either at that point as I don't believe that save can backtrack unless I'm missing something.

You can load back into the main game by pressing square instead of x on the load screen, though the only one you could probably do is the ez code merits, unless you fancy taking on all the data fights+yozora with all pro codes on!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.