Re:Mind: Risk-taker

MarlexFTW

1 hour ago, syneidesis1 said:

You can load back into the main game by pressing square instead of x on the load screen, though the only one you could probably do is the ez code merits, unless you fancy taking on all the data fights+yozora with all pro codes on!

Ohh! Good to know, saves me from doing another playthrough then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, acasto said:

Just curious, for the bosses like Dark Inferno and the Limit Cut bosses, is it possible to fight them once, get their reward item then rematch them for a chance at a better score or is your first run all that counts?

You can fight them as much as you want, it'll update your score each time.

Edited by ZenaxPure
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Does someone know why, even with links ON, i can't summon Ariel ? As soon as i get hit by one of the Data Bosses, the link command is blocked ....

Probably not enough MP. Summons require a certain amount of MP to cast. Do you have MP slip on? If you have MP slip on it will bring your MP down lower and lower

3 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

Probably not enough MP. Summons require a certain amount of MP to cast. Do you have MP slip on? If you have MP slip on it will bring your MP down lower and lower

Nice, it's exactly that :) you simply need a full MP bar to cast Ariel, not gonna be easy ahah

• Like 1

Finished the trophy just now, popped at 365.750 points. Did almost a perfect score on the main story, then I killed all the data with STATUS, 0 DEFENSE, NO ITEM and NO HEAL off. Gave me 14.375 per data battle. I just got 20k for Luxord and 10k for Xion and Master Xehanort.

Was short of point so I Had to kill Yozora too. Got 12k for him.

Honestly, its challenging at times, but its not that difficult. I'm really not that great, I mashed X for the most part, you just need to be patient and farm Elixir !

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up having all codes for the base game, the dlc, and 8 of the data fights. That allowed me to do 5 data fights and the secret boss with no codes on at all. I assume most people won't front-load the challenge like that but it definitely goes to show that you can do any fight with all the codes just given some additional time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Can someone tell me where exactly the Darkubes boss battle starts in San Fransokyo? I’m at the part where I need to rescue the Big Hero 6. Is that already part of the boss fight? It’s been a while since I played this game. I don’t want to accidentally beat it without the pro codes on.

39 minutes ago, Baker said:

Can someone tell me where exactly the Darkubes boss battle starts in San Fransokyo? I’m at the part where I need to rescue the Big Hero 6. Is that already part of the boss fight? It’s been a while since I played this game. I don’t want to accidentally beat it without the pro codes on.

After you complete the objective where you need to locate each Big Hero 6 member with the AR device and help them all out, there will be a specific cutscene where Hiro communicates with Sora that the Darkubes have all converged into a single location, and it'll display that they've all shifted atop one of the tall buildings.

At this point you'll once again have control of Sora and I believe this is the final moment to prepare your pro codes. It's also good to have a savepoint before the rescue part just in case. Hope I could help! ? And good luck with your Risk-taker run, you can do it!

Edit: I've included a video that displays the cutscene before the boss so you can have a good visual reference of it. Happens at 1:14:25:

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

After you complete the objective where you need to locate each Big Hero 6 member with the AR device and help them all out, there will be a specific cutscene where Hiro communicates with Sora that the Darkubes have all converged into a single location, and it'll display that they've all shifted atop one of the tall buildings.

At this point you'll once again have control of Sora and I believe this is the final moment to prepare your pro codes. It's also good to have a savepoint before the rescue part just in case. Hope I could help! ? And good luck with your Risk-taker run, you can do it!

Edit: I've included a video that displays the cutscene before the boss so you can have a good visual reference of it. Happens at 1:14:25:

Thanks!

These mid world bosses are annoying because you get plunged into them without a save point anywhere close. I had to restart almost all mid world bosses. I actually needed to do it just now for Darkubes too ?.

So far it’s easier than I expected it to be. You still do enough damage to take down the bosses fast enough. I did turn on Shotclock for Lump of Horror and Skoll. So currently 1000 points below maximum score.

Edit: Alright. That’s Darkubes done. One of the easier fights.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Thanks!

These mid world bosses are annoying because you get plunged into them without a save point anywhere close. I had to restart almost all mid world bosses. I actually needed to do it just now for Darkubes too 1f601.png.

So far it’s easier than I expected it to be. You still do enough damage to take down the bosses fast enough. I did turn on Shotclock for Lump of Horror and Skoll. So currently 1000 points below maximum score.

If you're just 1000 points below the max score this far into the game, I can say with confidence that you're at a very comfortable position here on out, nice work so far! ? The more points you have before the Re:Mind section, the more leniency you can have with the Data Org. In the base game, you can reap a total of 165,000 points out of the around 365,000 necessary for the A-rank.
From my playthrough I definitely did turn off quite a few codes for Skoll and Lump of Horror, but also Davy Jones, a couple other base game bosses, and a few of the Data Org fights even.
But after all that, I still had about 3 bosses out of the DLC untouched when I unlocked the trophy. Considering I had 3 fights left when I got Risk-taker after not using all codes throughout the game, you'll definitely be in a much better position since you've only had shotlock enabled for two base fights so far.

The base game definitely isn't that bad when it comes to racking up points, but the part where most people find it tricky is with the Data Org. However, since you've already beaten the Data Org normally before, you're in a good spot as you'll quickly pick up on the muscle memory and their fight patterns again, so doing it with the codes should feel like a natural progression.
But as a good tip, Luxord is definitely the easiest of the bunch. And from memory, Ansem and Larxene weren't too bad either, so I recommend starting off with these three.
If you find you need to do more of the Data Org to get more points, I'd leave Vanitas as one of the last ones since I find him to be one of the hardest fights with all pro codes; his desperation move especially is very complex and with all codes on, it's more trouble than it's worth. ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

If you're just 1000 points below the max score this far into the game, I can say with confidence that you're at a very comfortable position here on out, nice work so far! ? The more points you have before the Re:Mind section, the more leniency you can have with the Data Org. In the base game, you can reap a total of 165,000 points out of the around 365,000 necessary for the A-rank.
From my playthrough I definitely did turn off quite a few codes for Skoll and Lump of Horror, but also Davy Jones, a couple other base game bosses, and a few of the Data Org fights even.
But after all that, I still had about 3 bosses out of the DLC untouched when I unlocked the trophy. Considering I had 3 fights left when I got Risk-taker after not using all codes throughout the game, you'll definitely be in a much better position since you've only had shotlock enabled for two base fights so far.

The base game definitely isn't that bad when it comes to racking up points, but the part where most people find it tricky is with the Data Org. However, since you've already beaten the Data Org normally before, you're in a good spot as you'll quickly pick up on the muscle memory and their fight patterns again, so doing it with the codes should feel like a natural progression.
But as a good tip, Luxord is definitely the easiest of the bunch. And from memory, Ansem and Larxene weren't too bad either, so I recommend starting off with these three.
If you find you need to do more of the Data Org to get more points, I'd leave Vanitas as one of the last ones since I find him to be one of the hardest fights with all pro codes; his desperation move especially is very complex and with all codes on, it's more trouble than it's worth. ?

I’m trying to get as much points as possible in the base game because my plan was to skip Yozora, Master Xehanort, Xion & Young Xehanort in Limit Cut. At the minimum I want to skip Yozora. But missing 500 points for Lump of Horror & Skoll seemed the better idea because those bosses are pretty tough and it wasn’t worth the time and effort to beat them with all pro codes on. 

I might turn off some pro codes for the upcoming Ansem, Xemnas & Young Xehanort fight in the base game. That will be hard with all pro codes on, although I can’t quite remember the fight. I’m thinking of grinding some Defense & Attack Boosts before I go to Limit Cut though, just to make it as easy as possible.

As for muscle memory in Limit Cut. All I did was spam attack and Ariel to blast through it easily ?. So I probably need to learn the attack patterns. The only boss fight I learned was Luxord, and although he is supposedly the easiest one, he took me by far the most attempts to beat. 

• Like 1

I know this isn't on topic, but I was so thankful for this dlc. It turned a game whose platinum was a joke, and whose combat was bad, into a super thrilling, very hard trophy run with BEAUTIFULLY designed boss fights and some really exciting story. A year later and I still look back with pride on finishing this 100%. It saved this game in a lot of ways for me

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’m trying to get as much points as possible in the base game because my plan was to skip Yozora, Master Xehanort, Xion & Young Xehanort in Limit Cut. At the minimum I want to skip Yozora. But missing 500 points for Lump of Horror & Skoll seemed the better idea because those bosses are pretty tough and it wasn’t worth the time and effort to beat them with all pro codes on. 

I might turn off some pro codes for the upcoming Ansem, Xemnas & Young Xehanort fight in the base game. That will be hard with all pro codes on, although I can’t quite remember the fight. I’m thinking of grinding some Defense & Attack Boosts before I go to Limit Cut though, just to make it as easy as possible.

As for muscle memory in Limit Cut. All I did was spam attack and Ariel to blast through it easily 1f605.png. So I probably need to learn the attack patterns. The only boss fight I learned was Luxord, and although he is supposedly the easiest one, he took me by far the most attempts to beat. 

If you at the very least want to skip Yozora, you're doing very well so far, so definitely don't worry about him. He's only an absolute last resort if you really miss out on a ton of points. In retrospect I turned quite a few codes off for the base game bosses and some Data Org members, and even then I still didn't have to go through Yozora with the codes, nor Xion and Master Xehanort, so I'd say you're all set. ?

Turning off some pro codes for Young Xehanort and Xemnas is a good idea, I did the same as well, alongside Saix, and I believe Marluxia too. I did turn off some codes for quite a few of the members.
I'd still recommend giving Luxord a go with all codes considering you did beat him before, even if it took a while. If you still have trouble, definitely make use of the food you can create (the ones that give you temporary buffs), their effects last during the Data Org fights and they don't lower your pro code score, so it's a good thing to keep mind of.

If you find you have trouble for the other fights, then I'd suggest turning off the battle item restriction as having tons of potions can make sure you have enough HP (it should be enough to negate the HP slip).

28 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I know this isn't on topic, but I was so thankful for this dlc. It turned a game whose platinum was a joke, and whose combat was bad, into a super thrilling, very hard trophy run with BEAUTIFULLY designed boss fights and some really exciting story. A year later and I still look back with pride on finishing this 100%. It saved this game in a lot of ways
for me

I agree. A lot of complaints I'd seen of KH3 was it's lack of difficulty. Heck, I don't even think it had critical mode at first. The Data Org was such a great implementation into this game. There's so much challenge and detail that's been put into their fights and you really feel the progression when you slowly learn their battles more and more. Dodging and parrying their attacks feels so awesome.
They're very difficult bosses when having pro codes enabled, but they're all completely fair and that's what I love. Whenever I die to them, I always know it's due to my own fault like with KH2's Data Org. It's never a situation where you blame the game. Alongside this, the Risk-taker trophy is definitely a great feat.
Being able to actually see Final Fantasy characters in it was nice as well. ?

The Re:Mind dlc added some much needed difficulty that the base game lacked. It's great they added some more challenges, Yozora especially.

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Shrooba said:

If you at the very least want to skip Yozora, you're doing very well so far, so definitely don't worry about him. He's only an absolute last resort if you really miss out on a ton of points. In retrospect I turned quite a few codes off for the base game bosses and some Data Org members, and even then I still didn't have to go through Yozora with the codes, nor Xion and Master Xehanort, so I'd say you're all set. 1f609.png

Turning off some pro codes for Young Xehanort and Xemnas is a good idea, I did the same as well, alongside Saix, and I believe Marluxia too. I did turn off some codes for quite a few of the members.
I'd still recommend giving Luxord a go with all codes considering you did beat him before, even if it took a while. If you still have trouble, definitely make use of the food you can create (the ones that give you temporary buffs), their effects last during the Data Org fights and they don't lower your pro code score, so it's a good thing to keep mind of.

If you find you have trouble for the other fights, then I'd suggest turning off the battle item restriction as having tons of potions can make sure you have enough HP (it should be enough to negate the HP slip).

In the meantime I’ve finished the game with 143.500 points, but I haven’t fought Dark Inferno yet. I used Shotlocks again in the Ansem, Xemnas, Young Xehanort fight although that wasn’t necessary at all. I didn’t remember that fight had checkpoints. I somehow first beat Xemnas in 20 seconds by stunlocking him with a fire/firaga combo with Micky Clasp and Magic Combo Thrift. Such a strong combo, I also used it to destroy Demon Tide. 

Anyway. At first I wasn’t happy with this DLC at all. I thought and still think it is way overpriced. But I’m now playing KH in a way I’ve never done before. I usually just spammed attack and even on critical mode that’s enough. Now I’m actually learning the attack patterns in the Boss Battles and I have to say it’s a lot of fun! I’m actually looking forward to Limit Cut. But first I need to grind to Lvl. 99.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baker said:

In the meantime I’ve finished the game with 143.500 points, but I haven’t fought Dark Inferno yet. I used Shotlocks again in the Ansem, Xemnas, Young Xehanort fight although that wasn’t necessary at all. I didn’t remember that fight had checkpoints. I somehow first beat Xemnas in 20 seconds by stunlocking him with a fire/firaga combo with Micky Clasp and Magic Combo Thrift. Such a strong combo, I also used it to destroy Demon Tide. 

Anyway. At first I wasn’t happy with this DLC at all. I thought and still think it is way overpriced. But I’m now playing KH in a way I’ve never done before. I usually just spammed attack and even on critical mode that’s enough. Now I’m actually learning the attack patterns in the Boss Battles and I have to say it’s a lot of fun! I’m actually looking forward to Limit Cut. But first I need to grind to Lvl. 99.

Whoops... after reading this first part it clicked in me that you meant the trio fight in the keyblade graveyard and not the individual fights against them in the Data Org. I wanted to quickly mention this because I accidentally completely skipped the detail where you were referring to the base game fight against the three. Just wanted to clear up my mistake there as it would've looked like I said I struggled with base game Saix earlier which was not my intention. ? He's definitely the easiest fight in the entirety of KH3 with how OP Roxas is.

Anyway, as for your current progress, I do think your move of turning off a pro code for the trio fight in the base game was good as well, because the beginning is really tricky with all three of them. Even if it's only one or two codes, anything that gives you more options during that part makes it a ton more manageable. Funny how you mention the checkpoints mid-fight; when it's the solo Data Org fights they usually progress to harder attacks as the battle goes on, so you'd think with ALL THREE of them there they'd just unleash everything at once and make it easy for themselves, but they never do. I know, video game logic and that'd be too unfair, but those three really didn't work out their plan it seems! ? I figure they'd have a much easier time beating Sora if they went all out.

At any rate, if you only turned off the shotlock restriction with Lump of Horror, Skoll, and then this, then you're not missing out on too many points. 143,500 points is a really solid point to be at for the base game! You do get a lot more points from the Dark Inferno and Data Org fights than you do the other bosses, so the rate now will be pretty fast and exponential.

As a good tip, and something that's seemingly missable; the Armored Xehanort fight in the Re:Mind section (before the Data Org episode) can actually give you points as well. I think you only get 10,000, but every bit counts. I believe it's the part when you fight him with Sora and Kairi, but keep the codes on before that just in case.

But with that said, good luck with the lvl 99 grind, and make sure to stock up on some cooked food from here on out as it'll really come in handy. You got this. ?

Edit: On the note of the Data Org, I stumbled upon this cool speedrun of it, it's really cool if you wanna check it out, and I thought it'd be interesting:

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

On 28-4-2021 at 0:32 AM, Shrooba said:

Whoops... after reading this first part it clicked in me that you meant the trio fight in the keyblade graveyard and not the individual fights against them in the Data Org. I wanted to quickly mention this because I accidentally completely skipped the detail where you were referring to the base game fight against the three. Just wanted to clear up my mistake there as it would've looked like I said I struggled with base game Saix earlier which was not my intention. 1f605.png He's definitely the easiest fight in the entirety of KH3 with how OP Roxas is.

Anyway, as for your current progress, I do think your move of turning off a pro code for the trio fight in the base game was good as well, because the beginning is really tricky with all three of them. Even if it's only one or two codes, anything that gives you more options during that part makes it a ton more manageable. Funny how you mention the checkpoints mid-fight; when it's the solo Data Org fights they usually progress to harder attacks as the battle goes on, so you'd think with ALL THREE of them there they'd just unleash everything at once and make it easy for themselves, but they never do. I know, video game logic and that'd be too unfair, but those three really didn't work out their plan it seems! 1f605.png I figure they'd have a much easier time beating Sora if they went all out.

At any rate, if you only turned off the shotlock restriction with Lump of Horror, Skoll, and then this, then you're not missing out on too many points. 143,500 points is a really solid point to be at for the base game! You do get a lot more points from the Dark Inferno and Data Org fights than you do the other bosses, so the rate now will be pretty fast and exponential.

As a good tip, and something that's seemingly missable; the Armored Xehanort fight in the Re:Mind section (before the Data Org episode) can actually give you points as well. I think you only get 10,000, but every bit counts. I believe it's the part when you fight him with Sora and Kairi, but keep the codes on before that just in case.

But with that said, good luck with the lvl 99 grind, and make sure to stock up on some cooked food from here on out as it'll really come in handy. You got this. 1f44d.png

Edit: On the note of the Data Org, I stumbled upon this cool speedrun of it, it's really cool if you wanna check it out, and I thought it'd be interesting:

Well I got it. It wasn’t nearly as hard as I expected it to be. Managed to skip Yozora, Master Xehanort and Xion. I really enjoyed it. And with the completion of this game I wrapped up all KH games. Except the Melody one.

Also very cool video. He uses some sort of Fire stunlock I also accidentally did once against Xemnas. His Magic stat must be maxed out though. He does insane damage.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Baker said:

Well I got it. It wasn’t nearly as hard as I expected it to be. Managed to skip Yozora, Master Xehanort and Xion. I really enjoyed it. And with the completion of this game I wrapped up all KH games. Except the Melody one.

Also very cool video. He uses some sort of Fire stunlock I also accidentally did once against Xemnas. His Magic stat must be maxed out though. He does insane damage.

Nice work with the 100%! Funnily enough those are the exact same three fights I didn't need to do codes for either.
Melody of Memory is a pretty fun game, it's got a good selection of songs throughout the entire series. Since you've finished all the other KH games then I reckon you'll like it a lot.
And as for the fire stun in that speedrun, it's pretty insane. This is sorta the same kind of strat used with KH2 Data Org speedruns so it's cool to see that it carried over into KH3.

But once again, good work with the Risk-taker trophy! ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

I've been waiting for this DLC to come down to a reasonable price for a while as £24.99 for what it is just seems overpriced to me. It's now at a price which I think is more reasonable so I'm probably gonna grab it.

I'm just wondering how the difficulty of the DLC matches up to the rest of the series? I've 100% completed every game in the Kingdom Hearts series since their initial original releases on their original platforms, PS2, PSP Gameboy Advance etc. (apart from the PS3 versions of 1.5 & 2.5 as I bought them on PS4 instead), the only exception being Melody which I've not touched.

As someone who has finished all the previous games & secret bosses on Critical (or Proud in the games that don't have Critical) how does the difficulty of those match up against what is required for the Pro Codes? Am I looking at a similar level of difficulty here or something harder? And how difficult would you say these trophies & boss fights are for a series veteran?

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

13 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I've been waiting for this DLC to come down to a reasonable price for a while as £24.99 for what it is just seems overpriced to me. It's now at a price which I think is more reasonable so I'm probably gonna grab it.

I'm just wondering how the difficulty of the DLC matches up to the rest of the series? I've 100% completed every game in the Kingdom Hearts series since their initial original releases on their original platforms, PS2, PSP Gameboy Advance etc. (apart from the PS3 versions of 1.5 & 2.5 as I bought them on PS4 instead), the only exception being Melody which I've not touched.

As someone who has finished all the previous games & secret bosses on Critical (or Proud in the games that don't have Critical) how does the difficulty of those match up against what is required for the Pro Codes? Am I looking at a similar level of difficulty here or something harder? And how difficult would you say these trophies & boss fights are for a series veteran?

Even at the current sale I think this is still overpriced but the Data Battles are great.

If you have beaten secret bosses on critical on previous KH games don’t even worry about the difficulty in this game. It’s much, much easier than that. That is if you play on Beginner difficulty with the Pro Codes in NG+.

I recently got 100% myself and I thought it was a lot easier than I expected it to be. 

The 8/10 difficulty in the trophy guide is not accurate imo. It’s more of a 5/10. And I am not good at the KH battle system at all. I mostly just mash the X button.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 0:37 PM, ObsceneSociopath said:

Risk Taker trophy is a very hard one, do not mind what some people easy on here that it was easier than expected. You need to do a lot of farming to increase your attack,magic and defence. It took me 2 weeks of playing consistently to get the risk taker trophy. I am vert proud with myself because that was a very hard achievement.

• 8 months later...

Got back at the game after literally not touching a game for a week after data battles/Yozora, I think I'm slowly losing interest in gaming, not mentioning hunting. This trophy is proving to be an annoying pain as expected. Already wasted a good amount of time on the first boss in Toy Box world, healing while casting magic with Grand Chef equipped is unreliable at best and the combat system is stripped of almost all of its most useful features with Pro codes active. Just for people enjoying punishment for no tangible benefit.

• Like 1