fastest way to level your character now a days?

oh and if someone maybe wants to add this to the guide, i think that could help a lot of people. I dont know if so many people look into these threads here. I would definetly appreciate that, because it was quite an effort to gather and write down all these information, tips and tricks. Maybe it would need to be reworked a bit by someone with better english skills:D

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Vinny122004 said:

Took me 36.76h altogether to plat btw (shrine glitch for levels), also got the medals trophy on 81 medals

Can you elaborate the shrine glitch? What does it do, and how to perform it?
Your 37 hours seems quite short compared to the guide stating 90 hours.

12 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

The shrine glitch aka the chest glitch, better known as the Accessibility Exploit or TTS (text-to-speech) has been explained a half dozen times in this thread.

The most recent explanation is 3 posts above yours at the top of this page.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The shrine glitch aka the chest glitch, better known as the Accessibility Exploit or TTS (text-to-speech) has been explained a half dozen times in this thread.

Thought the shrine glitch was something different than the accessibility exploit which is explained further top.
Would be easier if the terminology was the same, instead of using a new name each time.

21 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

It personally took me 73 hours. I used the Shrine glitch, but that was only when I found out about halfway to all characters to maximum level.

Using the Shrine glitch definitely makes sense to take that long. But not using the glitch, I can't see how it'd be less than 150-200 hours.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The most recent explanation is 3 posts above yours at the top of this page.

Ty

34 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

The 37h also includes me hosting the glitch so I would say about 30h altogether, much shorter than the guide states using the glitch.

Edited by Vinny122004
Fixing errors
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2021 at 10:07 PM, Helyx said:

True, I don't know why many players keep saying there's no more way to get exp anymore, the glitch is still working, there're a lot of videos telling how to do it, you can even find it on the guide here on PSN Profiles... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2-11-2021 at 10:31 AM, MrTulike said:

SOLO

Zombies

Split-screen AFK in the dancing hall. To stay AFK and even turn off the controllers, open the credits with the second controller (main account) while the dummy account stays in the dancing hall floating as the 80's Action Hero. Do this for all zombies until at least Elite or Super Elite (not worth doing the Text-to-Speech glitch for characters under Elite due to how long it takes to promote them) (gives approx 30k xp per hour, so just do this if you are not actively playing the game). 

Not sure if this question has been asked before already:

Say I try this method and leave my PS on while I'm at work. Will I still get exp. after reaching level 10 or do you HAVE to promote that character in order to keep earning exp? Cause then I'll have to check my PS every 2 hours or so and promote every individual character before they can get more exp. which isn't ideal.

This is one of those trophies I hate to get. PvZ isn't a horrible game but whoever made that trophy can seriously eat the disc....

Edited by its_ArchroniX

10 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Not sure if this question has been asked before already:

Say I try this method and leave my PS on while I'm at work. Will I still get exp. after reaching level 10 or do you HAVE to promote that character in order to keep earning exp? Cause then I'll have to check my PS every 2 hours or so and promote every individual character before they can get more exp. which isn't ideal.

This is one of those trophies I hate to get. PvZ isn't a horrible game but whoever made that trophy can seriously eat the disc....

Yes, when you reach level 10 you don't get anymore exp for your character, so you will have to promote it to continue getting exp. I think you get the bulbs though, but the bulbs are irrelevant for the trophies.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 04/10/2021 at 10:55 PM, Namenloser1990 said:

Ok, after some reading and testing i wanted to write this down for everyone to understand it better how the glitch works and how it is best to be used. if done right and having a second console at hand lets you solo this and skip the boss fight entierly. 

What you need:

1. Your main Account which is going to need all the level ups for the trophy. The console your playing the main on should be set to english for the text to speech accessibility option to appear.

2. A second console with a 2nd psn account and a 2nd ea account. No ps plus requiered on this account.  You will need to have the 3 diamond gnomes on this account, because with this one you will have to start the boss fight activity.

3. Enable the text to speech option for the main account

4. With the 2nd account host the game, join in with your main account and start the activity. When the loading cutscene starts press r3 with the main account and spam "w" until the end. Send this message. When shooting with the main account your ammunition shouldnt go down which means the glitch is active and working.

5. Now abandon the activity with the 2nd account (the glitch shouldnt be active on this account, thats why you can enter the menu and everything)

6. now both characters should be standing outside, but the main should still have the glitch active and you should be able to spam open the chest outside with square.

7. You have to listen for the level up sound to appear 10 times to know you are ready to rank up your character

8. quit the game from xmb with the main. restart, rank up your character and join the 2nd account again. From here it is rinse and repeat for all 20 characters needed to be ranked up.

Note: this whole process can of course be done with a 2nd real person, but it wont be sole more of course and it will take longer because most likely the person wants to do the leveling as well so you would need to do all of this the other way around after (or you both just do the glitch at the same time but then you would need to fight the boss every time).

I didnt test it out but this should also work with 2-3 real person and a dummy account on a spare console. So the dummy account has the 3 diamond gnomes and hosts the figth every time, and all the players wanting to level join in, activate the glitch. Dummy account abandons and all 2-3 players should still have the glitch activated. After that all quit, rank up join back in, dummy starts again and so on.

And yes, it works on both ps4 and ps5, as well as between both of them.

I hope this helps to tackle this awful trophy

EDIT: Im almost done and can say with this tactic you can cut down the grind to about 10 hours.

Regarding the diamoand gnomes: when creating a new account you also have to collect all 3 of them for town center again. Normally you would need to have the mindblower to access 2 out of the 3. If you already have the mindblower with you main account, you can just join your 2nd account, activate the mindblower and destroy the zombie guards and then your able to get to the gnomes with your 2nd account.

Also, you only have to collect the gnomes ones for town center, so you also have them for the zombies then (this whole glitch works just the same with zombies)

Last thing i wanted to share: you dont need to switch between your two consoles all the time. You only need to open the session with you 2nd account and position yourself at the door to start the boss fight. after that you can play with your main account without switching back. to start the activity you join with your main to your 2nd and hold square on your 2nd controller. to abandon the activity press options - down - x - x. when both characters stand outside the door you can position your 2nd account through the camera of your main account

^^^ This needs bumped, and highlighted for those just joining the thread like me

Ive the a handful of normal trophies to get before starting this with my second console/acct

• 6 months later...