Here Comes A New Challenger: IT WORKS

Sombroff

9 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

Why should I close the game for 30min?

I don’t know, I just wrote exactly what I did before to receive this trophy 

but since this guide and now I have received 4 other win notifications from challenges that have already expired more than 3 days ago, so maybe it’s completely random to got this trophy 

seems if only doing challenges every day the trophy will never pop, especially if you try to do it alone with alt accounts, maybe it’s even the alt account method that mess up everything, who knows 

you must really also do something else in the game, me what i did was:

- play multiplayer events with at least one other player

- play the singlet player mode to continue winning gold medals

- play the 17th Indian track on time attack mode, first to have the 1:16:00 time attack trophy, second to do many drifts on it to try to reach player lvl60 trophy faster

7 hours ago, alexfranco60 said:

@Sombroff, could you please add me to the psn group? Thanks a lot in advance!

I have quit this group because even we were 10 I only received messages from 2 players (again an other bug, but this time it’s 100% Sony mistake, not any link with driveclub)

but you can contact any other players from the list, they will be happy to share their torture with someone else :)

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sombroff said:

but since this guide and now I have received 4 other win notifications from challenges that have already expired more than 3 days ago, so maybe it’s completely random to got this trophy

if this is true then it might be a good idea if everyone chilled a bit on sending new challenges as we could be overloading the server even further, however sony has now made an actual response to the issue so there is still hope!

• Like 1

Has there been any consistency with this method working? Been trying most of the day with a boosting partner and we've been having pretty mixed results. Servers temporarily unavailable, challenges, failing to send, etc. How many have seen this method specifically through to the trophy? Honestly hoping that PS Support comes through on giving us stable servers for these last weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Kotetsu42x said:

Has there been any consistency with this method working? Been trying most of the day with a boosting partner and we've been having pretty mixed results. Servers temporarily unavailable, challenges, failing to send, etc. How many have seen this method specifically through to the trophy? Honestly hoping that PS Support comes through on giving us stable servers for these last weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

overall i'd say most theories have all just been coincidental and the only real way to get it is with simply waiting it out. someone in the group chat (as well as Sombroff) had just recently gotten a challenge properly registered that had expired days ago meaning the server may just need to spend a bit of time processing them, but it's likely every challenge sent out will work eventually so long as you + an alt (or friend) have done it. after learning this information i went back and looked at all of the challenges i had sent out and the oldest ~5 of them (which was nearly a week ago) now have a "1" on them along with either mine or my alts score registered, as well as the very first & oldest challenge having a "2" with both scores registered - prior to today every single one of these had been marked with "0". i can't confirm that the first challenge i did has actually counted towards the trophies progress as i've left the game running unattended for quite some time lately and likely missed the "you won" notification (especially since i crashed last night after leaving it on overnight) which is apparently what is tied to getting the trophy to pop, but once i manage to get a 2nd one to display i should be able to confirm. if i'm right about this, i'd recommend slowing down with sending challenges as it's likely the server spends a very long time processing just one challenge and if everyone is creating 50+ it could POTENTIALLY slow it down for other people, but this is just an assumption.

• Like 2

This issue also impact the game overall :/

I try to boost level 60 ... taking advantage of high rated clubs giving a great bonus in XP ... but 99,9% of the time if i play online, the game just crash when i load the race, just because of this server issues ><

When offline, it works fine (but take forever to boost level so not great -_-)

Hopefully Sony will fix this ... but i'm afraid they will just wait end of march and server closure without fixing anything ... :'(

2 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I try to boost level 60 ... taking advantage of high rated clubs giving a great bonus in XP ... but 99,9% of the time if i play online, the game just crash when i load the race, just because of this server issues ><

since you only have one trophy left (to level to 60) i'd recommend deleting your save file and seeing if that fixes the crashes. in my experience of doing this the only thing that gets deleted is your campaign stars/progress (i'm unsure about accolade levels actually) and it will not reset your driver level, but i'd still back it up to PS+ cloud save first so you can recover it later if desired. a friend and i had the same issue of constant crashing every race we started and doing this fixed it completely for both of us.

Edited by Secretfoo

9 hours ago, Kotetsu42x said:

so far only one player: PViddy

seems the best is just to try this challenge trophy few minutes a day, and continue playing the game in normal way (lvl60 trophy, etc), and after few days this challenge trophy will  maybe suddenly appear ou of the blue

And about crashes, so far i never had any, and since i have tried to join a multiplayer race, yesterday, from ozer928 who experiences crashes all the time, i couldn't join his multiplayer race, error message, and now i also have blue screen crashes very often, it's a kind of virus? ?

I also tried to delete my save, and i have noticed that my player level is saved on driveclub servers

i don't know if I am the only one, but sometimes after a race i notice that absolutely zero XP is added to my player level, and seems accolades bonus also not working all the time

i have noticed many bugs of all kinds during my long videogame player life, but this game is clearly in my top 3 of the video games with the most annoying bugs

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Secretfoo said:

since you only have one trophy left (to level to 60) i'd recommend deleting your save file and seeing if that fixes the crashes. in my experience of doing this the only thing that gets deleted is your campaign stars/progress (i'm unsure about accolade levels actually) and it will not reset your driver level, but i'd still back it up to PS+ cloud save first so you can recover it later if desired. a friend and i had the same issue of constant crashing every race we started and doing this fixed it completely for both of us.

And now being in a club and playing offline races (but still being online to get club bonus) work for you ?

Will try it tonight :)

I'm at 19 millions at the moment ... still a lot to do =/

52 minutes ago, Sombroff said:

so far only one player: PViddy

seems the best is just to try this challenge trophy few minutes a day, and continue playing the game in normal way (lvl60 trophy, etc), and after few days this challenge trophy will  maybe suddenly appear ou of the blue

8 hours ago, Secretfoo said:

overall i'd say most theories have all just been coincidental and the only real way to get it is with simply waiting it out. someone in the group chat (as well as Sombroff) had just recently gotten a challenge properly registered that had expired days ago meaning the server may just need to spend a bit of time processing them, but it's likely every challenge sent out will work eventually so long as you + an alt (or friend) have done it. after learning this information i went back and looked at all of the challenges i had sent out and the oldest ~5 of them (which was nearly a week ago) now have a "1" on them along with either mine or my alts score registered, as well as the very first & oldest challenge having a "2" with both scores registered - prior to today every single one of these had been marked with "0". i can't confirm that the first challenge i did has actually counted towards the trophies progress as i've left the game running unattended for quite some time lately and likely missed the "you won" notification (especially since i crashed last night after leaving it on overnight) which is apparently what is tied to getting the trophy to pop, but once i manage to get a 2nd one to display i should be able to confirm. if i'm right about this, i'd recommend slowing down with sending challenges as it's likely the server spends a very long time processing just one challenge and if everyone is creating 50+ it could POTENTIALLY slow it down for other people, but this is just an assumption.

Thanks for the responses on this. We’ll keep trying, I think we did manage to get one to work last night (unfortunately after hours of working on it), but maybe all it takes is to slow the roll out on challenges.

12 hours ago, Secretfoo said:

The first challenge I sent yesterday now has a 1 on it. This now gives me some hope. Just did a few more today and made sure to finish them with my alt and I will report back as well to see if this is indeed the case.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, seblegamer said:

And now being in a club and playing offline races (but still being online to get club bonus) work for you ?

Yes, I've been able to do all race modes while online ever since without a single crash.

A bit of an update, I managed to get into contact with the former server lead of this game and while he has now told me it SHOULD be fixed currently, that doesn't appear to be the case (but at least that implies they are working on it at this very moment). I've given him more information and he said he has forwarded it to the ops team, so hopefully we will see a fix relatively soon!

• Like 4

Just to let you know that you don't actually need to be disconnected from your alt accounts, and the challenge doesn't need to be in "public" i got it pretty much doing that method but with one day of duration, this was purely because sometimes the sent challenges never appeared in the game so i had to wait in the menu until they pop out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Secretfoo said:

A bit of an update, I managed to get into contact with the former server lead of this game and while he has now told me it SHOULD be fixed currently

WOW, I have already work in video game industry for many years. But as a player I have never contact someone from the development team ^^ Maybe for next video games, if its full of bugs, as this one, development team will not put their real name in credits xD

And if they fix this online trophy bugs maybe Sony will not delist this game.

Anyway good luck to this server lead, and if can't fix it I hope, for people still need this trophy, that he has at least some hints on how to get this 'here comes a new challenger" trophy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, v0rt3kk said:

Guys, the servers are working again!!

Leaderboards are updating again. Just did it with my alt account. If they're not updating try delete all application data!

Confirmed!

I just tried it for the very first time on my 2 alt. accounts: I was able to send the two challenge requests with no issues, score appeared on LB.
Did poor score with second alt on those two challenges - both appeared.

Both results are visible on "1st" alt.

Now have to wait for 40 minutes to see if the trophy will appear.

Fingers crossed ;).

Edit: Just popped! Without any issues! Now time to get it on my main :].

Edit2: Got it on my main! Everything works flawless!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2