Blessed Are The Children

Milktastrophe

10 hours ago, RGCommander said:

So what exactly is this game about?

it's described as an anti-rpg

it came out for vita a couple years ago and never got translated until now

here's some copy paste info

About

You are the hero, your last memory is fighting with the demon Guile and felling it, thus saving your world. However, you seem to have died in the process and now you cannot remember her, the one for which you went alone to fight the demon. Due to your great deed, the gods have given you five more days to put your affairs in order, but time will quickly take its toll and you will grow weaker as the days pass.

Good luck in finding out what happened!

From renowned creator Shoji Masuda (Linda³, Oreshika) comes an epic anti-RPG about aging and death. A full localization and brush-up of a game only available until now in Japan on PS Vita.

Features:

• Fantasy anti-RPG where the hero starts at his strongest, and grows weaker as time passes.
  • Over 50 different funerals (endings) depending on what the hero accomplished.
  • EIght unique heroines to woo, each with their own personalities and motivations. Which is the one you were protecting?
  • Visit the world you have just saved, and resolve remaining problems to lead it to the best possible future.

https://www.gematsu.com/2019/12/hero-must-die-again-coming-west-for-ps4-switch-and-pc-in-spring-2020

also a trailer

Seems to be digital only for now

• Like 1

Had a quick go yesterday.

Given how little time you have and how quickly the hero becomes weak it seems to be very much trial and error in working out how to achieve certain things, it's going to take a long time to work out how to do everything in a single run.

I spent too much time exploring the towns on my first playthrough and was too weak to do the dungeons, so achieved pretty much nothing on my first play-though. Recruited 4 of the companions on my second play-through and a couple of side quests. Not yet worked out if/what carries through to subsequent play-throughs.

At the end of each playthrough NPCs you've interacted with at your funeral will come along and speak, what they say depends on how far along you are with their sidequests. After that you get a summary of what happens to the kingdom in following years.

In both my play-throughs the kingdom got destroyed some years later but when and how it happened was very different.

What's interesting is that there's clearly a central mystery/something bigger happening behind the scenes to be discovered.

• 1 month later...

So thoughts from someone who nearly has the plat, I just need to wrap up some items and monsters and have two events that are not wanting to trigger for me because my luck is terrible.

Pretty much, you won't be expected to do everything in one run.  The most you'll be expected to do in a single run is obtain the fire, water and wind orbs along with the giant's cleaver and meteor blade, which is honestly doable by Tuesday evening unless your luck sucks and you have to do a lot of tracking down Vivi for orbs like I did.  You're looking at a bare minimum of 10 playthroughs, but each one is pretty short.  Why 10?  You have 8 trophies for accepting the love of each heroine and you're limited to one of those per run.  Then one run for angler's paradise (because you can't complete any quests on that one) and one run for the true ending.  However, it's more likely you'll need a few extra runs because RNG can be a pain sometimes.

A few trophies are very RNG related, the two biggest ones being Nothing But Destruction and Jail Breaker.  Once you get the hang of the game, fulfilling the heroine's requests is a piece of cake, even Marianne and Sarah's that at first seem very daunting.  You won't be able to fulfill all of the quests in one run, but it's quite doable to fulfill enough that you'll have to boot people out of your party.  The vast majority of trophies are related to various quests and the only one that I really cut it close on was getting Yona to max strength because that does take some grinding.  Don't worry so much about the trophies related to mourners, you'll get those on the true ending run for sure.

As far as what carries over, it's mostly the stuff in the gallery.  So what quests you've done before, who you've already romanced, what items you've obtained and what monsters you've fought.  Most of the heroines have a quest and then an additional quest, once you fulfill their first quest, you get the additional quest.  However, if you fail to complete the additional quest, you have to do their initial quest again the next run.  Once you fulfill all additional quests, you'll be moved on to the epilogue and can get the true ending if you can gather a bunch of items in time.  Pretty much in the process of doing this, you're going to get the majority of the trophies.  There are some related to RNG events and then some related to doing random things that you can easily pull off while working on quests.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 minute ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@ladynadiad how long is one run of the game?

Depends on how much you are trying to finish in that run and if RNG hates you.  I'd say about 5 hours is the longest, you'll probably average around 3 hours once you get the hang of where to find the heroines and stuff in general.  The plat is going to be roughly around 40-60 hours, possibly longer if RNG hates you.  I definitely needed more than the bare minimum 10 playthroughs because RNG hated me for the jailbreaker trophy.  There's a very good guide on Steam if you need any help with trophies.

• Like 1

Just now, ladynadiad said:

Depends on how much you are trying to finish in that run and if RNG hates you.  I'd say about 5 hours is the longest, you'll probably average around 3 hours once you get the hang of where to find the heroines and stuff in general.  The plat is going to be roughly around 40-60 hours, possibly longer if RNG hates you.  I definitely needed more than the bare minimum 10 playthroughs because RNG hated me for the jailbreaker trophy.  There's a very good guide on Steam if you need any help with trophies.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...
On 2/18/2020 at 9:50 AM, RGCommander said:

So what exactly is this game about?

The same over-regurgitated religious theme crap. Honestly, the more games I play, the more I believe that most game devs are people with empty heads, empty inner worlds, with no imagination whatsoever. They just copy and paste what they've seen before them, good or bad.

There are literally a zillion topics to pick from, and yet they stick with the most ridiculous, most boring, most predictable, most annoying, most shallow theme of all: stupid religious idiocy.

Can't they think of a boss that doesn't have the word "demon" in it? Nope, nope, apparently they can't. It's obvious how one dimensional their minds are.

I loved Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines on the Vita. It was an absolute shock for me to learn that the same guy directed this insult of a software, for Oreshika was fun, epic and sublime. Hero must die is anything but the above!

Does that give you a rough idea, or am I too late to warn you not to start this bland game made by imbeciles?

On 2/28/2020 at 7:10 AM, Lake013 said:

Had a quick go yesterday.

Given how little time you have and how quickly the hero becomes weak it seems to be very much trial and error in working out how to achieve certain things, it's going to take a long time to work out how to do everything in a single run.

I spent too much time exploring the towns on my first playthrough and was too weak to do the dungeons, so achieved pretty much nothing on my first play-though. Recruited 4 of the companions on my second play-through and a couple of side quests. Not yet worked out if/what carries through to subsequent play-throughs.

At the end of each playthrough NPCs you've interacted with at your funeral will come along and speak, what they say depends on how far along you are with their sidequests. After that you get a summary of what happens to the kingdom in following years.

In both my play-throughs the kingdom got destroyed some years later but when and how it happened was very different.

What's interesting is that there's clearly a central mystery/something bigger happening behind the scenes to be discovered.

That would an interesting mechanic and it is what initially drew me to the purchase, as you level down instead of👎leveling up, but it's all averted by simply entering and exiting the Abyssian mines until you see Vivi 3 times. Then she will teleport you anywhere with zero time loss, thus with zero hero de-leveling, quickly erasing any (already small) challenge the game had up until that point, and such an early point at that! Horrible development decision. This game is deeply flawed. I very rarely (probably never) rate games with a 1/5, but this game totally deserves it.

Edited by StarFoxMania